Battlenet Error

Technical Support
Blizzard

Hey when I first installed Warcraft III Frozen Throne I was able to connect to Bettle.net right away. However, when I logged off, and tried to long back on it said, "There was an error when trying to write to your hard drive while trying to download a file from Battle.net. You may need to free some space. Please check your hard drive and try again." I have more than half of my memory on my computer still empty. To fix it, I tried reinstalling the game, and once again it worked only for the first time before displaying that same message. All I want to do is play Battle.net without reinstalling it everytime I want. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Baileydog,

It sounds like Warcraft 3 is trying to patch. In order to do that it will need to be "Run as an Administrator" on your system. Right click on the game icon and select that option.

Check your G-diffuser system!
It worked. Thanks so much.
thnaks helped big time
ur the best
This helped me as well, thank you. :D
Thanks helped a bunch!!
08/21/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Jurannok
Baileydog,

It sounds like Warcraft 3 is trying to patch. In order to do that it will need to be "Run as an Administrator" on your system. Right click on the game icon and select that option.

Check your G-diffuser system!

perfect for windows 8 THANKS SO MUCH!
id been dealing with this issue for quite some time. though i have incredible internet, (as im dl'ing off of the website via my redeemed codes), and was able to just uninstall Wc3 and dl it again in 5 minutes. i did this and it worked. thank you so very much.
works thank you
Yes. Thank you Blue!
This was really helpful and I'd been looking for an answer like it for awhile now, but it kept putting it in for the Battle.net App for WoW and Diablo. Thanks Jura!
ur a god
hi if anyone is still following this thread...

For some reason it works, but the problem comes back again as soon as I reopen TFT or ROC without opening as admin. How do I fix it so that I dont have to do this every time?
Dear: Battle.net

Hey when I first installed Warcraft III Frozen Throne I was able to connect to Bettle.net right away. However, when I logged off, and tried to long back on it said, "There was an error when trying to write to your hard drive while trying to download a file from Battle.net. You may need to free some space. Please check your hard drive and try again." I have more than half of my memory on my computer still empty. To fix it, I tried reinstalling the game, and once again it worked only for the first time before displaying that same message. All I want to do is play Battle.net without reinstalling it everytime I want. Any help would be appreciated.

i have done everything i can to try and fix this issues and nothing seems to work sooo i have to keep unstalling and reinstalling the game just to play online and as im running windows 8.1 its becomeing a pain and i just want it to end can u plz contact me so i can get this issues done and over with i have beat the game 800 times now because i have been trying to get online
The same thing is happening to me. I need to right click and run as administrator ever single time if I want to play this game on battlenet. I've already defragmented a few times and I have plenty of space.
This did not help me. The error is still popping up. PLEASE HELP