Warrior pvp Buff. You're gonna love it!

General Discussion
The buff will ultimately be

Equip a sheild and gain a 35% - 50% magic resistance buff (at ghost crawler's disgression) that stays on so long as you have the sheild on.

Hear me out please before you scream this is horrible!

This deprives warriors of the damage it would need to unfairly dominate other classes, but would provide a more even playing field since a majority of classes do magic based damage these days. Warriors currently have no way to deal with or mitigate magic damage so we often times get run over by our deathknight, and pally breatheren, along with the all of the caster classes. Deathknights and Pally's have innate magic resistance built into their class and while it doesn't make sense to have a warrior get this magic resist for free. I feel it would be nice to be able to trade out damage for a bit of defense when needed. This would force warriors to rely more on their utility to beat caster classes than simply brute force and warrior smash, which is hard to balance from a pvp standpoint. I heavily lean towards the 50% end of the spectrum simply due to how little damage we will do with a 1 hander and sheild equipped in arms spec and how little rage we would generate while doing so too. But overall i think 50% even with resiliance in play is generously fair, given that we are using single one hander to try and tackle an opponent.

We would really have to beat a mage in full resiliance gear like an old rug before getting results with this buff. And lets not even talk about the decade it would take to kill a plate wearer in resilience gear like this. So it is balanced I promise.

Thankyou and If your a warrior and like this give me some feed back so that blizzard takes a good look at it. I have made many suggestions in the past 8 years for the warrior class that have been put into effect over the years and I'm sure this is a good one.
It would make Warriors pretty damn IMBA in PvE, seeing as even a flat 35% MR would be hideously OP on magic heavy fights. (Think removing the CD off AMS, but halving the effect or so).
This is just trolling, right?
like i said between 35% and 50%. 50% may be too high but im not trolling. I did arenas for a week and didn't run into a single warrior. I think that says something awful about the class as far as pvp goes. and this is an arms spec talent not a prot spec talent. this is for pvp purposes only.
prot has it's own set of problems that need to be addressed and they need to be addressed differently than arms.
You know other classes are hurt just as much by magic, right? And you guys have spell reflect. It's more than anyone else.
08/18/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Mimbsy
prot has it's own set of problems that need to be addressed and they need to be addressed differently than arms.

The problem with what you're suggesting isn't that while Warriors are weak in PvP, they're not weak due to defense.

In fact, they're arguably the best FC's in the game. (In RBG's at least. Bears tend to be a bit better in random BG's since people generally aren't clued in enough to stop hitting the bear when ragey regen is up).

Try playing an equally geared Frost DK and going up against a melee or Hunter. The "plate" armor works about as well as tissue paper.
I would much rather flag carry as a blood dk, palladin, Bear Tank, then flag carry on my warrior. Our block is our defence and if we are running everyone is behind you and block doesn't work.
08/18/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Mimbsy
I would much rather flag carry as a blood dk, palladin, Bear Tank, then flag carry on my warrior. Our block is our defence and if we are running everyone is behind you and block doesn't work.

No, your plate is your defense.

Your mobility is your defense.

Your CD's are your defense.

Your !@#$ton of CC is your defense.

Block does diddly squat against a Rogue stabbing you in the spine or a Mage shooting you in the face with a Fireball.
and again this is for arms not prot spec. prot spec is good for flag carry.
08/18/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Mimbsy
and again this is for arms not prot spec. prot spec is good for flag carry.

Frost DK's can't magically go Blood by switching presenses. Ret Paladins putting on a shield does diddly squat.

Cat's can't magically go tank when they switch to bear...Wait, never mind.

Point is, your defenses are pretty solid. You're not as tanky as a real tank, nor a Feral Druid, but at least you're not a Frost DK.
frost is a pve dps spec. why should it be good in pvp?
ret palladins can heal themselves for their entire health bar at the drop of a hat AND Become immune to damage and dispell snares. On top of all that Half of a Ret Palladin's dps is magic based and ignores armor entirely.

Besides your a Warlock. What is an arms warrior with a tickle stick with no Buff to its damage going to do to you that you could not avoid or survive by playing competantly? In current heroic gear the best they could hope to hit you for in that state is 5000 and that is being generous.
arms warriors do less damage with a single one hander than a prot warrior just a heads up check out the prot talent tree and be amazed there is a very substantial buff to their 1handed damage.
This will not threaten your pvp superiority so badly to where playing well with your teleport countless dots and running away while in full resiliance gear wont solve. And it will not provide the kind of durability that a prot warrior would have for flag carrying.
spell reflect is the most useless ability a warrior has its icon flashes up above your head so the the whole world can know your using it and its easy to juke, not to mention its on a 25 second cool down??? i for one think this is a great idea for warriors because we have no magical damage reduction or physical damage reduction all we have is shield wall which can be disarmed by the most overplayed class this expansion.. rogues and its on a 5 minute cool down? all we have is plate protection much but that ain't saving our !@# from mages and any other ranged classes, rogues have that ability that lets them go through armor so if we have no physical damage reduction and no armor whats protecting us from getting @#@#d? nothing exactly, warriors are $%^- and i agree with what the OP is suggesting

just my 2 cents
all this would mean to a warlock is instead of throwing up their dots and waiting a minute for the warrior to croak. they would have to wait 2 minutes while the warrior was attacking with a one handed weapon. You act like i requested a gernade launcher.
frost is a pve dps spec. why should it be good in pvp?

What makes it a PvE DPS spec? Frost is excellent in PvP.

Just squishy.

ret palladins can heal themselves for their entire health bar at the drop of a hat AND Become immune to damage and dispell snares. On top of all that Half of a Ret Palladin's dps is magic based and ignores armor entirely.

Yet a Ret Paladin is far easier to control than an Arms Warrior is.

Besides your a Warlock. What is an arms warrior with a tickle stick with no Buff to its damage going to do to you that you could not avoid or survive by playing competantly? In current heroic gear the best they could hope to hit you for in that state is 5000 and that is being generous.

Ever been hit by a Warrior with a 416 Gurth? It's not fun.

Granted it's not as hurty as an Unholy DK or a Ret Paladin with all their cooldowns, but it still isn't insignificant.

08/18/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Mimbsy
arms warriors do less damage with a single one hander than a prot warrior just a heads up check out the prot talent tree and be amazed there is a very substantial buff to their 1handed damage.

Prot is balanced around having a 1h weapon, Arms is balanced around having a 2h weapon.

Prots substantial buff is so that their Prot DPS isn't ridiculously low compared to a Blood DK or Bear in PvE.

This will not threaten your pvp superiority so badly to where playing well with your teleport countless dots and running away while in full resiliance gear wont solve. And it will not provide the kind of durability that a prot warrior would have for flag carrying.

4 DoTS counting Shadowflame (5 if you count Rathrak, which 1v1 is kinda awful, Dragonwrath being much better).

Arms has enough mobility and damage to kill a Warlock with ease, zerker rage has been the bane of Warlocks existence since well, forever.