Shadow Raiding: the Primer

Priest
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
Voting this for sticky also
What are raiding spriests taking for Glyphs post-patch now?

I chose MindSpike, as this seems to be the only mandatory one. Also went with Dispersion for better survivability, and Mindflay, which turns out to not be that great since I have body and soul anyway, and we so rarely use Mindflay, especially on Multi-target fights.

Are there any other good raiding Glyphs that people are discovering they find to be very effective?
If I read the tooltip correctly, it should also not affect the instant portion of DP, or SW:P, and not effect SW:D at all.

I don't know how crit or mastery effect mindbender/sfiend, but I would assume they would inherit your crit, but they are pets, not DoTs, so shouldn't get any bonus from mastery.

What I am curious about the would be how DP is characterised by Devs. IE Pyroblast(nuke with a DoT after) or a inverted Living Bomb (DoT where the last Tick Hits harder than the others
What are raiding spriests taking for Glyphs post-patch now?

I chose MindSpike, as this seems to be the only mandatory one. Also went with Dispersion for better survivability, and Mindflay, which turns out to not be that great since I have body and soul anyway, and we so rarely use Mindflay, especially on Multi-target fights.

Are there any other good raiding Glyphs that people are discovering they find to be very effective?

Using Mind Spike (if i take FDCL), MF (took feathers for raid) and Inner Sanctum (no more resists so any damage reduction = win, in my book) will prob replace Mspike for Vamp Embrace come MoP.
I'm a terrible procrastinator, but I will finish updating this before MoP drops.

For now check out the 95% up to date HowToPriest.com version:
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1701#p12749
@Woaden.

I have a question as you seem so enlighten. What size tire should I use on my Xlite travel trailer?
@Woaden.

I have a question as you seem so enlighten. What size tire should I use on my Xlite travel trailer?

15" or 16"

Just check the black text written on the tire near the rim. Take that to a shop and get yourself some tire.
Requested for sticky, and bump because knowledge is awesome.

/scampers back to the tanking forum

Also, I did see a shadow PvP guide stickied, dunno if it's a useful one or not. But I figured I'd just toss that out there so you can edit the link.
Woaden's back, you lucky .. People. Requested for sticky, always a shadow priest at heart! (Cuz playing Aff feels exactly like a spriest)
You left me for warlocking?
Quick question, if a Priest doesn't use FDCL, when should Mind Spike be used?
09/16/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Mindplague
You left me for warlocking?

I couldn't get the acc with my priest back when I came back to the game :( Figured I'd try somethin new, yada yada. Forgive me <3
09/18/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Marcee
For things that need to die fast such as Elementium Bolt or the Corrupted Parasite in DS. No sense in dotting it up because everyone is focusing it down. Couple of MS and MB and it's down.
09/21/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Mussorsky
For things that need to die fast such as Elementium Bolt or the Corrupted Parasite in DS. No sense in dotting it up because everyone is focusing it down. Couple of MS and MB and it's down.

I actually DoT the parasite because it typically lasted the full duration of the DoTs or close enough, and also I would save a 3orb DP for the parasite if I could so I didn't want to waste the DoT portion of that either.

Blistering tentacles also fall into the MS+MB instead of DoTing category as well of course
Just as a helpful tip for shadow priests who use halo (currently my choice for both healing and shadow) There's a nice little addon out there called halopro, and it gives you a bar to help you optimize the most damage possible from the spell.

I have problems judging the best range for the most damage so when I use it I just make sure my bar is green and I'm good to go.
Oh man, I will absolutely do a full update before raid tomorrow (technically today).

A lot of intricacies I want to make sure to elaborate on mainly.

Also will add a 'complicated' Priorities list under the 'simple' one.
hey Woaden you got a few "item's not found", I'm guessing one of the patch's messed up your link's. I'm pretty sure you've put them in I thought i remembered seeing most of those in there but there's one or two I forgot and was going to check on.
Just as a helpful tip for shadow priests who use halo (currently my choice for both healing and shadow) There's a nice little addon out there called halopro, and it gives you a bar to help you optimize the most damage possible from the spell.

I have problems judging the best range for the most damage so when I use it I just make sure my bar is green and I'm good to go.

version 1.2.1 just came out tightening the green (middle) indicator range to a max of 28 yards, making HaloPro extremely accurate.
Spinal's the stuff, now if only they would fix Halo...

10-5-1012
Started major revisions
Started reformatting

It's a start :|

I feel like I should have more done but I'm working with a better outline now. I'm going to have to debug my Enchanting section (probably a section at a time) to figure out where my "Invalid HTML Code" is. I also have to go back and rework the item links that need it. Gems need to be added... etc etc etc.

I'm getting to this when I can, just been very tired since MoP dropped. Masochist that I am I even started leveling my farming toon today.
Couple of questions - forgive me if I'm being an idiot.

Looking at the stat-weightings on the first page, haste is listed as .75% of intellect, yet the gem-recommendations suggests to prioritise Int over Haste. If my [very bad] maths is correct, since you get twice as much Haste on a gem as you do Int, surely Haste would be the preferred choice?

0.75*2=1.5 > 1 - right?

I'm probably missing something, so I'd like to understand it.

Also, with Vampiric Embrace, do DoT ticks count as 'single-target' spells and give out healing? Or, if I'm trying to get maximum healing out it, should I revert to MS/MB spam for its duration?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.