Why can't the Horde just kill the Alliance?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
The alliance has;
1. Superior numbers.
2. Superior technology.
3. Superior magic.

The real question is: why is the alliance losing?

I can make up stupid facts too!

Except they're all true.
We have rogues and mages. >.>

Not that they'd make much difference against a cannon.

We invented the sword because beating a man to death with your bear hands takes too long and too much effort.

We invented the gun because getting close to the enemy is too risky.

We invented artillery because we weren't killing enough people from afar.

We invented WMDs because we where tired of fighting.
08/22/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Adelaide
Except they're all true.

Again: Sunwell.

Gnomes in vent something fun. Gun that can turn a Bear into an edible chicken? World hunger solved!

Bears are already quite edible.

Gnomes are like most other inventors and scientists. They invent something for peace or for the hell of it, then some military group (the Alliance) takes the tech and makes it awesome.

Fixed.
08/22/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Skinlesscorp
Gnomes are like most other inventors and scientists. They invent something for peace or for the hell of it, then some military group (the Alliance) takes the tech and makes it into a war machine.

Um, gnomeregan was filled with battle mechs before we got there.
08/22/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Except they're all true.

Again: Sunwell.

The horde has 1 race that's good with arcane magic. The alliance has draenei, humans, and gnomes.
08/22/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Adelaide
The horde has 1 race that's good with arcane magic. The alliance has draenei, humans, and gnomes.

The Forsaken should be just as good with magic as the Humans are.

Goblins are just as imaginative and creative as Gnomes. Just more explosive.
According to wowwiki the horde has a population of 292210 people their strengths are: physical strength, orcs, tauren and possilby trolls are stronger than the alliance races (except maybe worgen)

Dwarves are as strong as an orc. Comes from being Earthen and all. THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Also, are we just leaving draenei out of the strength equation? Because that's dumb.
thats one strong race against 2 and possibly 3 (trolls arnt metioned) and the orcs anhilated the draenei on draenor i doubt the draenei would be able to stop them this time either

Also I realized that i never posted the alliance pop which is approx 800000
08/22/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Jessebella
Gnomes are like most other inventors and scientists. They invent something for peace or for the hell of it, then some military group (the Alliance) takes the tech and makes it into a war machine.

Um, gnomeregan was filled with battle mechs before we got there.

they were basically mechanized police officers though
08/22/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

trolls, belfs, undead and tauren and maybe goblin should all be atleast decent with magic

Gilneans were humans, so I'd imagine their mages are no less powerful. Though we don't have an in-game NPC to show it.
08/22/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Skinlesscorp
Yeah, even the gnomes needed a military. Everyone needs armies. Armies are cool. Plus, they needed some sort of defense.

our defense was shutting down the entrance elevator

The 5 races that can go mage are shown to be just as capable with the arcane arts.

I don't know hwy you think a draenei mage would be superior to an orc mage with the same amount of training.
Read Wolfheart, lore-wise worgen are the strongest, most "powerful" race, they can own tauren easily.

Also Tauren are friends with NE and Worgen due Druidism.

And the alliance is vastly superior with light magic and better druids. Horde has shamanism and whatever trolls use that couldn't even fight off murlocs so that barely counts.

The 5 races that can go mage are shown to be just as capable with the arcane arts.

I don't know hwy you think a draenei mage would be superior to an orc mage with the same amount of training.

Draenei live significantly longer and have been mages for significantly longer than orcs have. The draenei are more knowledgable about the arcane than any other playable race.
08/22/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Opoo
Too weak, with Belves on their side they wont be able to break out of a wet paper bag. Sorry

Pfff, says the mage. All bulk, no bull.
08/22/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Pyrelinia
trolls, belfs, undead and tauren and maybe goblin should all be atleast decent with magic

The Blood Elves are Azeroths most powerful magi.

Undead and Goblins are just as good as Humans and Gnomes.

I can't imagine Trolls have a very deep history with Arcane, but if it goes all the way back to the Zandalari Empire, they could be more powerful than the Draenei or Blood Elves if it weren't for the Sunwell.