Very bad FPS

Mac Technical Support
This is weird, my wife has these lag issues on her 2012 MBP, but I don't have them on my 2011 MBA. Disabling add-ons for her didn't help at all.
add my name to this list. running 32bit, smallest screen res, lowest/disabled settings and zero addon's. game worked perfectly the whole two years before this patch.

i expect better blizzard......

Model Identifier: MacBook6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3462
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: MacBook
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
keep this bumped to the top of the list. this is a priority and urgent issue.
I have a 2012 MacBook Pro 2.6GHz Core i7, 8GB ram, with an NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 1GB GPU. Prior to the patch I was getting 60-120FPS. After the patch my FPS was lower, but I did not notice any problems until I went to the practice dummies to try out my new rotation. As soon as I moonfired, my FPS dropped to between 18-20, and would freeze completely for a half a second, and then repeatedly freeze every couple seconds thereafter for a half second.
exacly the same....
Had the same problems. Any combat would get me frames per hour...

It was when I deleted the WTF that it cleared up. There must be some 4.3 settings in the WTF that REALLY screw things up.

This is a DIFFERENT issue than the overheating/CPU issue and I don't wish to conflate the two.

Yesterday, I could not play at all. Today, I'm raiding with 55 fps on a MacPro 1,1 with Ati 5870 and Apple Cinema Display running at 2560x1600
what sucks is if they do not fix it, i'm looking at a call to cancel and be refunded for a 6month chunk of game time.
I have the same problem running on a 2008 Macbook, Im getting 50-60 FPS in org, but as soon as a cast a single spell even out of combat the game will lag for about .3 sec and make everything seem jumpy. Tried a random dungeon and just called it quits after the first mob came up and everything lagged for about 15 min.
nothing new, tried several options. blizzard will need to roll back whatever they did or lose customers.
08/29/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Bramd
nothing new, tried several options. blizzard will need to roll back whatever they did or lose customers.

lets be honest here. They're not gonna lose that many customers, they're not gonna roll it back. It's gonna be like D3. They'll collect the data from problem customers, and push an optimization in a few weeks. (Hopefully)
How do you delete your wtf folder without losing your key bindings and macros? And will this screw up all your add ons or is that info all saved in the interface folder?
Had the same problems. Any combat would get me frames per hour...

It was when I deleted the WTF that it cleared up. There must be some 4.3 settings in the WTF that REALLY screw things up.

This is a DIFFERENT issue than the overheating/CPU issue and I don't wish to conflate the two.

Yesterday, I could not play at all. Today, I'm raiding with 55 fps on a MacPro 1,1 with Ati 5870 and Apple Cinema Display running at 2560x1600
delete the WTF folder, works like a charm
I kind of feel if my problems are caused by my graphic card not being supported anymore, what point is there in me paying for this game anymore? I mean, I definitely love this game, but I don't have the extra money to upgrade my computer and my money would be better spent else where right now!
people are experiancing this problem on a wide range of systems and cards. from mac to pc. this is something caused by the patch. only by keeping this posted will they be forced to deal with it, rather then just write it off as a hardware problem on our end, which it is cleary not.
Only thing I can really contribute is that it SEEMS to go by area (15FPS in Venture Bay, 35 in Tol Barad) AND can change (was in SW doing 15, logged to a bank alt, came back and it was running 30). AND I have the 6 core 3.3GHz CPU w/a 5870, about as burly a Mac as one can have, so I used to get up to 4 times what I mentioned
BTW, I found out it's cntrl-r that gives one an on-screen FPS display.

Today seem much better (45-90 in SW). The server re-start may have accomplished that... unfortunately, I started ditching add-ons and thought may that was the issue, and it seemed that way until I added them back in. Not much change so I suspect it WAS the server re-start (not so much the restart, but my guess it was a hot fix then restart). DBM seem very problematic, so I have that off for now, although I can't swear it's the cause of fps drops. I expect it to rev very soon now.
My issues were resolved entirely by deleting my WTF folder, and trashing all my out of date add-ons.
I've also deleted the WTF folder and lowered all of the settings, yet my framerate is still unplayable. I have no add ons enabled. Anyone else able to solve the problem? Before the patch I had great framerates. Is it possible that the patch improved the graphics to the point where my computer can't handle it anymore?
Same issues here. I have my mid-2010 MBP 13.1" running WoW on near minimum settings - the only exceptions being texture resolution and projected textures for better raiding.

The video card for this model MBP is the NVIDIA 320M series integrated chipset with 256MB RAM. Is this video card still supported? I'm having a hard time finding a comparison across units.
@ Reginald

Same. I'm running wow on minimum settings, all add ons disabled. Have deleted the WTF file multiple times, System - reset user options, Cache deleted, all add ons re-downloaded and 'disabled all' (repeat). Newer Mac can handle any game. Today, the Frame rate in SW went from 20 (egads low) to 30 after lowering System graphics resolution as low as the game will let it go. Frame rate is unplayable in raids and bgs, as it drops under 15. Stuck on load screens often enough to have to Force Quit, dropping out of instances.

It isn't your computer, it's the patch. Similar things occurred in Wrath after patches on the PC. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Good news is they've fixed it before, I'll cross my fingers on this one as I am unable to do anything I feel is worth doing at a reasonable level. It's all about how fast they can get to it relative to prioritizing it's a problem, and then figuring out how to correct it.

Have faith.
For people reporting problems "as soon as I start combat" and "it got better when I deleted WTF"; did you try removing all your addons? Just remove the AddOn folder inside the Interface folder, move it out somewhere else.

It sounds to me that some combat log addon is going nuts, and that often happens with out-of-date add ons. Deleting your WTF folder probably leaves it disabled until you configure it, and that could be why it is "fixed".