Bug Report
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I am having this problem as well.
Bumpers
Bump
This is a known issue.

Also, do not bump threads:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127128120
This happened on my priest last night when I tried to save my butt using Flash Heal. The cursor turned to the blue outline, and I couldn't complete any spells for several seconds. I was just getting killed by wasps, there were no other players around, and I wasn't in a group.
Thanks for the enlightenment.

We just wanted to know if this was something that was unintended or one of those things blizzard does without telling anyone and expects everyone to know. And then remains quiet for a week while we learn our 5.0 changes around it, as if Swiftmend isnt even there - or will only work half the time.

I guess "Yeah we know, stop complaining." is better than what we had the passed week. Nothing to see here folks - use your swiftmend at your target's peril, because it is a "known" issue. Which means we were supposed to know somehow and not complain?

I know a heal not working is not as important or cute as "seeing naked buttz!" which got a reply in moments from its posting. No, a heal not working is something much less important that can be set aside for a week - and then those who complain will be reminded not to complain so much.
Thanks for the enlightenment.

We just wanted to know if this was something that was unintended or one of those things blizzard does without telling anyone and expects everyone to know. And then remains quiet for a week while we learn our 5.0 changes around it, as if Swiftmend isnt even there - or will only work half the time.

I guess "Yeah we know, stop complaining." is better than what we had the passed week. Nothing to see here folks - use your swiftmend at your target's peril, because it is a "known" issue. Which means we were supposed to know somehow and not complain?

I know a heal not working is not as important or cute as "seeing naked buttz!" which got a reply in moments from its posting. No, a heal not working is something much less important that can be set aside for a week - and then those who complain will be reminded not to complain so much.

While I mildly agree, chillax dude. :)
While I mildly agree, chillax dude. :)

lol yeah you are right - I made this name more to remind myself to "chillax" about everything in general , not because it suits me at all.

And I still forget.
I keep forgetting to test the macro myself, but I'm fairly certain a macro of:

#showtooltip Swiftmend
/cast Swiftmend
/stopcasting

Would solve the issue. Of course, you don't want to preemptively cast Swiftmend while a cast-time is finishing.

And you would be wrong.
I created said macro the day patch came out because I assumed that the SW bug was an addon problem.
I was wrong. Macro makes no difference at all.

Also,
I've seen this but it is like this in beta.
It gives you that cursor so that you can click someone else
who has the required HoTs on them.

Therefore,
Not a bug.
Working as intended.

Learn to heal. It's a bug and not intended.
Does anybody have a temporary fix for this? Any macros helping?

The macro that supposedly helps PW:S does not help with swiftmend. Confirmed it does not work=(

Seriously I do not want to raid at all with this so broken.
Sorry dark. Luckily my druid is like my 4th alt, so it only sucks when I need to use him for some reason lol. I just have been ignoring it unless i think I have 3 secs extra to react to it bugging out. I do not use it to mend people swiftly these days...

I'm sure r-druids trying to do heroic spine or madness have to find a smarter way to deal with this other than just ignoring the spell.

Luckily mages are ok :D .

So far :(
Sorry dark. Luckily my druid is like my 4th alt, so it only sucks when I need to use him for some reason lol. I just have been ignoring it unless i think I have 3 secs extra to react to it bugging out. I do not use it to mend people swiftly these days...

I'm sure r-druids trying to do heroic spine or madness have to find a smarter way to deal with this other than just ignoring the spell.

Luckily mages are ok :D .

So far :(

SW is our bread and butter with rejuv... effects us for everything....not just spine+maddness lol.
Was posted by somebody in the druid forums, but I'll repost it here since people are blowing this thread up.

#showtooltip Swiftmend
/cast Swiftmend
/use 1

This fixed the problem for me and made swiftmend work for me the way it did prepatch. I can now raid in peace, that is when I actually decide to raid on my druid as this is just an alt.
Not sure how I bumped this thread, I do apologize.
BUMPIDY BOOO BUMP
this anoying bug is making pvp very frustrating now.
Thanks for the suggested macro workarounds. Will try them when I get home.

During leveling and dungeons I just dealt with this annoying issue. But now that my team is raiding it is really causing a problem. Very strange that it sometimes works and sometimes gives the blue hand. My targets typically have had rejuv on them already for a few seconds.