[Guardian] - MoP Tanking Guide (5.4)

Druid
Prev 1 8 9 10 23 Next
Most of the Guardian Glyphs !@#$ing blow/are horrible. Except for the Survival instincts one. Shorter CDs are always plus.

I hate all these "get this but sacrifice this" type glyphs that druids get. Other classes dont get as many of those. other classes just get alot of "this makes this better!"

give us more of that. k thx.
Arielle, I notice you have the agile meta gem and agility boot enchant. Do those provide a noticeable survivability increase or is it because you just don't need the stam/mastery extra armor?
Also are there any good macros I should be using? Currently I'm using
#showtooltip Nature's swiftness
/console autounshift 0
/cast Nature's swiftness
/cast Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

But it requires 2 pushes. If I take out the /console commands it casts it together but takes me out of bear form.

Oh and don't forget to add that socket to your gloves!
11/18/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Priapis
Arielle, I notice you have the agile meta gem and agility boot enchant. Do those provide a noticeable survivability increase or is it because you just don't need the stam/mastery extra armor?
It's because I don't need the armor, and because I like to rank on stuff.

11/18/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Priapis
Oh and don't forget to add that socket to your gloves!

I just derped a herp. Wow. I'm really bad at being a blacksmith.

As for NS I just use 2 separate buttons.
You mention the two different builds mitigation and rage regen. For raid off tanking which of the two would make a raid smoother? Or is it as with everything more dependent on the player?
Rage regen is always better, you get !@#$ all from mastery/dodge. You need to keep SD up and any extra rage is useful.

I am Hit/Exp + crit stacking and sometimes still have trouble keeping SD up :/

For context's sake, on Will of the emperor heroic the boss was hitting me for 145k and even with SD up i was getting unlucky combos and didn't have rage to use frenzied.

Our dk takes no damage because blood shield opppp ;_;
11/21/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Nolhan
You mention the two different builds mitigation and rage regen. For raid off tanking which of the two would make a raid smoother? Or is it as with everything more dependent on the player?
The "DPS" build (which is also for consistent RPS) is what people should stick to for normal modes.

Once you get into heroics it becomes a "per encounter" thing.
Rage regen is always better, you get !@#$ all from mastery/dodge. You need to keep SD up and any extra rage is useful.

I am Hit/Exp + crit stacking and sometimes still have trouble keeping SD up :/

For context's sake, on Will of the emperor heroic the boss was hitting me for 145k and even with SD up i was getting unlucky combos and didn't have rage to use frenzied.

Our dk takes no damage because blood shield opppp ;_;

Ya same applies for me on h will, the dk tank has so much more control and heals for the damage he takes versus me. Even with savage defense up, I can get chunked when I recieve a string of no dodges. I've learned to rotate cds with sd up as it helps a lot, and saving rage to top myself off after chaining 3 SD during combo.
To help you keep SD up outside of combo, sit on 100 rage on the last 2 devastating combo swings. You shouldn't have too big of an issue since you'll have 12 seconds of SD to generate the 3rd one.
Why does their need to be a guide and tanking for a druid is so complicated? WHY?

I've played druid tanks for 5 years and now i'm switching classes.
11/26/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Kiaos
Why does their need to be a guide and tanking for a druid is so complicated? WHY?
It's actually pretty simple once you get used to it.
why does blizzard need to reinvent the wheel every expansion.

I liked BC way more than any expansion.
11/26/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Kiaos
I liked BC way more than any expansion.

BC had many terrible, terrible things built into it.
Agreed with arielle... BC was so atrociously horrid, gear wise, you had very specific items to go for, upgrades were really rare, and you pretty much had to stick to your tier since it was the only armor with bonus armor on it...
They change classes every expansion because you don't want to play the same class for 8 years str8 doing the EXACT same rotation. Kinda gets tiring and old after 1 tier haha.
How are you guys liking the new Empowered Maul? Is it something that makes Maul worth using?
11/28/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Patri
How are you guys liking the new Empowered Maul? Is it something that makes Maul worth using?
It doesn't really change anything in how abilities are used.
11/28/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Arielle
It doesn't really change anything in how abilities are used.

I think you mentioned this on the INC Bear when you first noticed the change on the PTR, so I apologize for asking you to write it down here again.

So pretty much the new change does nothing in terms of how you want to spend your rage?
I am not using Tooth and Claw ability at all. Ever. I am still spending whatever rage I get on savage defense/frenzied regeneration. How can I use it effectively?
12/08/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Paingrove
I am not using Tooth and Claw ability at all. Ever. I am still spending whatever rage I get on savage defense/frenzied regeneration. How can I use it effectively?
The only time you can really afford to use it currently is when you're not actually tanking.

There are isolated situations where you will be able to sqeeuze in a Maul (whether or not T&C is up) when tanking a boss, but they aren't that common purely because our RPS isn't high enough yet.

Sometime in the next tier I expect this to change.
The only time you can really afford to use it currently is when you're not actually tanking.

There are isolated situations where you will be able to sqeeuze in a Maul (whether or not T&C is up) when tanking a boss, but they aren't that common purely because our RPS isn't high enough yet.

Sometime in the next tier I expect this to change.

Got it. Thank you.
If anyone has questions or even wants to discuss guardian druid with super quick responses I can chat with you on my stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/kowagaming