Felguard issue

Warlock
I've issued with felguard. My felguard was dying in raid.

I figured out that felguard have [Threatening Presence] so I turned off.

Also I turn off [Threatening Presence] on felguard's buff..

For some reason felguard was still dying. How come?

I've seen lot of people have that issue in my server.

I'm wonder Blizzard forces us to play warlock without minions or its bugged.

Blizzard, can you answer this question. What is going on?
I have been having the same issue and would like to know whats up.
How do you turn off pet aggro in the first place? I don't see an option for it in the spellbook or pet bar.
I think there's a pet issue with this patch in general. I have the same problem with my minion as an unholy DK as well as Hunters are having issues with their pets dying.
From what I'm understanding even when the buff is turned off the pets are still generating more single target threat then actual tanks, on top of that, even without Soul Link my Felguards health is pitiful, I'm pretty sure a strong gaze in his direction could knock him down a peg.
08/29/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Silverhatred
How do you turn off pet aggro in the first place? I don't see an option for it in the spellbook or pet bar.

You have to go pet spell and look for [Threatening Presence] click-right to turn off auto.
yup my lvl 70 warlock is having same problem.

every single battle the felgaurd dies mid battle.

my warlock has to resummon the felgaurd after every battle.

I turned the taunt aura off as well, but same problem. Looks like ill have to switch specs until this is fixed, maybe to destro.
im having the same issue, the threat sounds like a bug in the game, although its nice for soloing cata regs. The health im unsure to it being buggy or an intentional factor that must be monitored, im wondering if there is a method of play that works around this better than others, such as a good glyph/talent combo or if it just needs to be "handled".
BTW if possible, switching the thread title to pet threat and squishyness, whats goin on? would probably generate a little more attention to be possibly "blue'd" about
Go to your spell book and under pet drag the pet threat spell to the pet bar and turn it off.
that resolves the threat issue, some people are saying they're still over generating, not sure, i haven't gotten that far in play on lock, you think the squishyness will be something fixed or will that be a new mechanic having to monitor demon heals and re-summons?
There has apparently been a hotfix regarding this issue.
I figured it out. It's an auto-cast AND a toggle. The auto-cast simply makes sure it stays toggled on (which doesn't make sense, since clearly it stays toggled on).

So after you disable the auto-cast, click it again, and the icon changes. Once I did that, my wrathguard was whirlwinding his heart out, no problem. Just finished an instance and didn't have to resummon him once.
08/29/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Xzaras
So after you disable the auto-cast, click it again, and the icon changes.

I figured out that too in two hours ago.. But I still have issue my felguard dies when I order him to Felstorm for AoE in raid and he got pulled and died..

Any other suggest about Felstorm for AoE or should I avoid that spell?

But single target is smoothly. He didn't die.
Me and my guildmate lock got kicked from an LFR because of pet aggro.. My IMP kept pulling aggro off the tank... :(
Toggling it off does not fix it i'm raiding right now with my guild and he taunts without any taunt.
Would love to see a blue post about this.
same issue, I thought my Wrathguard was made of tissue paper. pets keep dying fast in DS
08/29/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Narv
Me and my guildmate lock got kicked from an LFR because of pet aggro.. My IMP kept pulling aggro off the tank... :(

lol thats kinda funny, but i fell for ya