The Mighty Holy Nova

Priest
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
Wherefore art thou Priest, without Holy Nova.
Yeah, really miss this in BGs now. Why it was removed from baseline is just one in a list of changes that make zero sense in this patch.
There are so many better major glyphs to take, Holy Nova will never get picked. Please give us one of our signature spells back.
Tried running without Holy Nova and cracked, glyphed for it, I'm never going back.
Nothing else feels quite as important. Try getting rid of the one glyph you love in place of Holy Nova, the results may surprise you.
I walked up to a hunter in camo today and pressed my holy nova bind to knock him out of it.

Nothing happened.

Then I got scatter trapped.

Been there many times since this patch! LOL!
agreed, making it a major glyph is just insulting.
Just make it do 1 damage/healing that way it's still useful but simultaneously useless.
Pisses me right off this dose.

Give me back my Holy Nova you Bastards. WTF Do I have to Waste a Major Glyph Slot just to have one of my Standard Abilities you GD POS
I've been using psyfiend and psychic scream to keep people off flags. I've also been able to combine those two to ninja flags, something I couldn't do before.

Out of the last 10 bgs I've played, my guess is I won 8 of them, and won 5 in a row with guildies the other night. It was easy as pie.

Priests seem to be fine with the new talents - perhaps even OP. In one bg I played I used penance and holy fire and landed 7 killing blows. In the past with the old talent system I would be doing well to get 4.

So I think the nova issue is a quibble. And it's debatable whether healers should have AoE damage without sacrificing something to get it. As far as rogues go, yes, that is a bit more of an issue, but if you keep your dots on the buggers, get reflective shields, and hit them with penance, they die fast. Imo this is also what the purpose of the TB searchlight is. If you're worried about rogues, put down the searchlight. It's what it's for.
I could not agree more. Holy Nova MUST be restored to baseline.

Our glyph "choices" in general are completely insulting. No other class has had as many spells or abilities taken away or moved to major glyphs.

How can we try out some of the new glyphs, when we are forced to use others just to get back things we used to have, things that we absolutely cannot go without?

For PvP at least, there is no choice, Desperation, Inner Focus, and Shadow Word: Death are all pretty much required. There is no room for any other glyph.
Make a Petition thread to get holy nova back for all priests!!!
Blizzard frowns upon petition threads. I hope that Blizzard will hear the priest community and return Holy Nova to a baseline spell. Instead of saying irrational statements like:

"WE NEED HOLY NOVA OMG PLEASE GIVE IT BACK"

Instead, we should concentrate on WHY Holy Nova should once again be baseline:

"Holy Nova was one of the definitive priest spells since vanilla. In fact, Holy Nova is in the opening cinematic of the game! For a spell that, let's face it, was seemingly useless, the priest community has grown to love Holy Nova for quite a few reasons. Clearing low level trash, stopping flaggers in BG's, getting that little heal when all your cool downs are... down.... yeah, priests grew to love a spell which doesn't do any job extremely well. It's just a FUN spell that we all want back as part of our basic spell book ."
Well put. Better than I could have stated. I miss holy nova.
Blizzard frowns upon petition threads. I hope that Blizzard will hear the priest community and return Holy Nova to a baseline spell. Instead of saying irrational statements like:

"WE NEED HOLY NOVA OMG PLEASE GIVE IT BACK"

Instead, we should concentrate on WHY Holy Nova should once again be baseline:

"Holy Nova was one of the definitive priest spells since vanilla. In fact, Holy Nova is in the opening cinematic of the game! For a spell that, let's face it, was seemingly useless, the priest community has grown to love Holy Nova for quite a few reasons. Clearing low level trash, stopping flaggers in BG's, getting that little heal when all your cool downs are... down.... yeah, priests grew to love a spell which doesn't do any job extremely well. It's just a FUN spell that we all want back as part of our basic spell book ."

Well put.
I to am disappointing about priests glyphs in general, from what I picked up on blizzard is that they wanted to make glyphs unique to the players play style well for pvp disc all im seeing for every priest is SWD, Inner focus and MD/PS. Blizzard you failed at dpriests these glyphs shouldn't even be glyphs! lazy!
Except that someone with more clout than you'll EVER have has already made the decision. Holy Nova is at an end. Sorry.