Fire or arcane best dps spec 5.0.4?

Mage
Prev 1 3 4 5
09/22/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Lelliana
So Noxxic and Icy-Veins are both incorrect and you are right? Good to know.

I'm guessing he's unaware that the proc rates are normalized.
i feel like frost is the best
i really like frost with my low lvl. But for 90 i have no clue what the best would be
Holy Necro.
the only real thing that changed is how pyro procs. when you are "heating up" you have to use inferno blast then pyro with 100% proc after
Holy Necro.

Everybody drink!
5.0.4 was awhile back, why worry about that now? We are coming up on 5.3.
I have a 90 gnome mage. She was kick !@# in cata. I play pve and dungeons only. I was so happy with her dps. When MoP came out I thought she could only get better. I was sadly disappointed. She has been Arcane all along. But MoP destroyed her. First they took wands away. There was more spell power (=Dps) in my wand than in my staff. That alone took 1/3or more of my dps right there. By taking away the wand they destroyed the mage in my opinion. My 90 hunter is my kick $%^ toon now, my mage hits like a wet noodle. I'm very disappointed. I'm thinking of starting from scratch for a new mage. From what I have read thru posts and such, Fire is the way to go. Maybe that will make the difference, I don't know. What I do know is, Arcane is not what it was.
I have a 90 gnome mage. She was kick !@# in cata. I play pve and dungeons only. I was so happy with her dps. When MoP came out I thought she could only get better. I was sadly disappointed. She has been Arcane all along. But MoP destroyed her. First they took wands away. There was more spell power (=Dps) in my wand than in my staff. That alone took 1/3or more of my dps right there. By taking away the wand they destroyed the mage in my opinion. My 90 hunter is my kick $%^ toon now, my mage hits like a wet noodle. I'm very disappointed. I'm thinking of starting from scratch for a new mage. From what I have read thru posts and such, Fire is the way to go. Maybe that will make the difference, I don't know. What I do know is, Arcane is not what it was.

Fire is not the way to go at any low gear levels, you will be frost for a long long time if you want to be effective, especially in dungeons.