Why can't I ride my Time-Lost.

General Discussion
I thought they made mounts that weren't restricted account-wide....

And Time-Lost wasn't apart of these restrictions, but I can't ride it.

Is it just a bug or something? Or is it because there isn't a FoS for it or anything?

I am starting to regret finding this damn thing on my character I never play. If they are going to taunt me with this freaking Time-Lost, could they please just remove it from my damn alt?

Other people find they are unable to ride theirs either.
I think it might be a bug - it wasn't on the restricted list and I don't see why it should be.
I can ride mine on all my chars.

Try logging on on all your chars.
Be sure to log onto the character that found it and learned it first. You have to log onto all your alts for their items to be shared.
Do you have the appropriate level riding capability (flight) for it?

Also:

Be sure to log onto the character that found it and learned it first. You have to log onto all your alts for their items to be shared.

It's also worth noting that the violet proto-drake no longer grants the flying skill associated to ride it.

Oh, and this too:

You can't ride a flying mount at level 37 unless it is classified as both a ground/flying mount. The TLPD is not.

*edited for clarity
Did you log in on your toon that has it? My original zg raptor didn't show up for my hunter until I logged onto my druid who had the toon, and then back to my hunter. Once I did that it showed up fine.
I can ride mine on all my chars.

Try logging on on all your chars.

yeah. my lists got longer the more characters i logged in to.
It was required level 80, so chances are until your alts are 80 it's not usable.
08/28/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Nethaera
Do you have the appropriate level riding capability for it?

I thought all mounts scaled to whatever riding level you have? Seeing as I have mounts like Tyrael's Charger that can be used as a ground mount...

You can't ride a flying mount at level 37 unless it is classified as both a ground/flying mount. The TLPD is not.

Ah, it's this.
Do you have the appropriate level riding capability for it?

Also:

It's also worth noting that the violet proto-drake no longer grants the riding skill associated to ride it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAPEpDrNdRo

Lawl.

It's also worth noting that the violet proto-drake no longer grants the riding skill associated to ride it.

Now I am a sad... panda.
thank you for the help.

Sorry, my bad for not paying attention to details, because I should've read that. It was on my other other level 85 character without the time lost proto which I couldn't see it. It was that I didn't log on my alt with TLPD first.

Thanks :) Again, sorry. I'll be telling others that were in a little short term state of depression about this too (been waiting a long time for this update! yay).
If I got the Ulduar/ICC meta drakes back in wrath and got free 310 speed from them. Will all my alts have 310 speed now?
08/28/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Nethaera

is this going to change ever?

i have 5 wow accounts on my battle.net account, but only one is active. on one of the inactive accounts, i have the RAF rocket and i'd like to have that available to my other chars, but i don't even know which account it is on and i'd still have to pay $15 to get it.
Do you have the appropriate level riding capability (flight) for it?

Also:

It's also worth noting that the violet proto-drake no longer grants the flying skill associated to ride it.

Oh, and this too:

*edited for clarity

I wish we could at least get bumped up to epic flying for having the 280% mounts. :'(

Oh well, I'm sure getting at least 5k won't be an issue in the expansion. :P