"Kick, what kick?" Ranged Item quest

Customer Support
I am unable to complete the quest called, "Kick, what kick?"

It starts in Sholozar in Nessingwary's camp. I am required to equip a ranged item, which, obviously, I cannot post-patch.

Any advice?
That sounds like it may be a bug. I'd recommend checking in the Bug Report forum to see if it has been reported and, if not, posting the basic details as you have here.
I thought melee were still able to equip ranged items, it just went into their main hand slot instead of into the 'ranged' slot.
Not sure about that... This is on my Warrior, and it keeps giving me the message, "That item does not go in that slot."

I did just see a Hunter do the quest, though. But it was a Hordie, so I couldn't ask how. I assume they can equip ranged as primary now.
08/29/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Anagram
Any advice?

It looks to be a known issue, Anagram. One we hope to have fixed as soon as possible but may require an additional patch.
Thanks, Vrak.
I found a workaround - unequip both weapon slots manually, then manually equip the rifle.

Good luck!
My Warlock can equip the gun, but just can't fire it. My "shoot" icon is greyed out and says in red " Requires Wands". The Auto Attack icon says "I can't attack that target".
09/24/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Agora
My Warlock can equip the gun, but just can't fire it. My "shoot" icon is greyed out and says in red " Requires Wands". The Auto Attack icon says "I can't attack that target".

You need to use the item by either putting it on your action bar or right-clicking it while equipped.
Thanks Thelootgnome. It works that way.