Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

Warrior
Prev 1 3 4 5 145 Next
TG should be about the same I believe; least they were when I last simmed it.

I'm lazy and just went for Lava Corals because I had 15ish of them and no Lightstones because loltanking.

At least I have all stam gems for tanking though!
I wonder if the +crit +%crit damage increase will be what fury wants in a meta
I have a question for Bloodbath, does it do the special attack damage+30% of it as a bleed over 6 seconds? or does it just do 30% of the special attack over 6 seconds?
08/27/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Terminusex
I wonder if the +crit +%crit damage increase will be what fury wants in a meta

There is no crit/crit damage meta anymore. The only +crit metas have CC reductions on them, so Reverberating still wins out due to the +3% crit damage.

08/27/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Ðragønìte
I have a question for Bloodbath, does it do the special attack damage+30% of it as a bleed over 6 seconds? or does it just do 30% of the special attack over 6 seconds?

30% of the special attack's damage over 6 seconds. An example of how it works based on Blackout Kick:

However, we got some code changes done in 5.0 that handles rolling periodics better. If Blackout Kick does 20% of its damage as a DoT, then at the end of the fight, Blackout Kick’s DoT should have done exactly 20% of the damage of Blackout Kick (barring any rounding errors or overkill of course). The actual logic involved is rather simple: When reapplying this DoT, take the damage left in the previous DoT and distribute it evenly across the new DoT’s ticks. Do remember that refreshing a DoT refreshes it to the full duration, plus the next tick (so that you can clip DoTs by 1 tick and have no loss).

For example, suppose Blackout Kick does 20% additional damage as a DoT that ticks every 2 sec, for 4sec.

0sec: Blackout Kick lands for 100 damage. DoT applied, with 4sec remaining, doing 10 damage per tick.
2sec: Blackout Kick DoT ticks for 10 damage. 2sec remaining, still 10 damage per tick.
3sec: Another Blackout Kick lands, and this time it crits, for 200 damage. The DoT is refreshed and extended to 4sec past the next tick; 5sec remaining, or 3 ticks. It needs to do a total of 10 damage still from the previous DoT, and 40 more for this one, for a total of 50 damage over 3 ticks, so ticks for ~17 damage, 3 more times.
4sec: Blackout Kick DoT ticks for 17 damage. 4sec remaining, still 17 damage per tick.
6sec: Blackout Kick DoT ticks for 17 damage. 2sec remaining, still 17 damage per tick.
8sec: Blackout Kick DoT ticks for 17 damage, and expires.
thank you very help full *thumbs up*
up
New warrior here. Come Tomorrow I will be thoroughly testing fury (as I have been arms since I hit 85).

My weapon options consist of 1x RF Gurth and 2x Cataclysmic 2her. Any tips if I should go RFGurth/Cata or Cata/Cata? Also if I do get another RF Gurth would it be a better OH than a Cata?
New warrior here. Come Tomorrow I will be thoroughly testing fury (as I have been arms since I hit 85).

My weapon options consist of 1x RF Gurth and 2x Cataclysmic 2her. Any tips if I should go RFGurth/Cata or Cata/Cata? Also if I do get another RF Gurth would it be a better OH than a Cata?

Always use Gurth if its for PVE, your off hand doesnt matter as much so just stick with your cata weapons unless you get one of the dragon soul weapons from normal mode or w/e. Also dont bother dual wielding same ilevel gurth the crit from the pvp weapon is probably better.
cool thanks!
TY for the pro guide, sticky requested.
w000t nice job Sam! <3
w000t nice job Sam! <3
Sticky requested.

Taking bets on how long it takes for this one to get stickied?
lol
Ok, just a few questions from working on a test dummy for a bit. Is it normal for my autoattack dps to drop to *nothing*? It was like 2% of my dps. I know it's not really needed for rage gen much anymore, but wow.

Also to be clear on the new rotation, is there any reason (outside of pvp burst maybe) to save up 2 stacks of the raging blow? And so I'll only ever use 3x WS *after* a BT? You mention if RB is up, use RB + something + 3x WS, but if I use RB + something, wont BT be up again before I can use 3x WS?

I LOVE execute being the !@#$ again. But this has been my main since launch, and wow, I feel completely disoriented unlike any other xpack changes...
enjoy it now fellow brothers you know damn well we will be nerfed
08/28/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Ustadbaba
Ok, just a few questions from working on a test dummy for a bit. Is it normal for my autoattack dps to drop to *nothing*? It was like 2% of my dps. I know it's not really needed for rage gen much anymore, but wow.

Don't hit the boss dummies, they're 93.

Also to be clear on the new rotation, is there any reason (outside of pvp burst maybe) to save up 2 stacks of the raging blow? And so I'll only ever use 3x WS *after* a BT? You mention if RB is up, use RB + something + 3x WS, but if I use RB + something, wont BT be up again before I can use 3x WS?

If you have 2 RBs, you should use them ASAP if BT is coming off of CD next. CS too for that matter, though 2 RBs in CS is pretty groovy.

And yes, you don't want to delay BT, so it's better to use the GCDs on RB + something else and potentially waste a BS proc given likely better DPR from RB + whatever.
Bump.