Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

Warrior
Prev 1 68 69 70 145 Next
So, here are some early results for a full set of 522 gear.

Entirely 522 set, Gaze/Primordius trinkets, 2/4 piece enabled.
147,184 DPS
Stat values - DPS Per point of stat, and then the SEP conversion.
Str: 3.77 -- 1
Overcap Hit: 1.81 -- 0.48
Crit: 3.26 -- 0.87
Haste: 2.15 -- 0.57
Mastery: 2.54 -- 0.67

Same set of gear, with the meta swapped out for the legendary meta:
152,164 DPS (5k increase)
Str: 4.06 -- 1
Pre-cap hit: 6.51 -- 1.6
Pre-cap expertise: 6.30 -- 1.55
Overcap hit: 1.78 -- 0.44
Crit: 3.18 -- 0.78
Haste: 2.34 -- 0.58
Mastery: 2.48 -- 0.61

Meta turned out better than I thought it would, it should be noted that 4 piece and the legendary meta slightly reduce the SEP value of crit, which will lead to gemming for most socket bonuses. Also, RPPM trinkets increase the sep value of haste about 0.03 per trinket.

Stat priorities:
Crit > Mastery > Haste > 0.5 Str > Overcap Hit

As 2 mastery will deal more than 1 STR, it will be best to gem like this:
Red: Exp/Crit
Yellow: Crit
Blue: Hit/Crit

We can gem like this because any extra expertise or hit that is added to your gear will ultimately be converted into mastery via reforging.
Arms looks to be very viable next patch. I ran some raid simulations with every spec in the game on PTR-mode, and Arms was in-between SMF and TG. Fury is not entirely optimized for the 5.2 changes on simcraft (yet), so it will probably win out ever so slightly.

But it's nice to know that Arms isn't awful anymore.
Likely heroic BIS list. --Not counting Ra-don loot, Also, Wrists will be random-enchant wrists with mastery/crit, simcraft is just retarded with random enchants and won't let me import it.

head=crown_of_the_golden_golem,id=96522,gems=capacitive_primal_320crit_180str,reforge=haste_mastery

neck=talisman_of_angry_spirits,id=96420

shoulders=pauldrons_of_the_last_mogu,id=96734,gems=160exp_160crit_320crit_120crit,enchant=200str_100crit,reforge=exp_crit

back=hydrascale_bloodcloak,id=96499,gems=160hit_160crit_60str,enchant=180crit,reforge=exp_mastery

chest=battleplate_of_the_last_mogu,id=96731,gems=160exp_160crit_320crit_160crit_160hit_180strength,enchant=80all,reforge=exp_crit

wrists=frozen_warlords_bracers,id=96394,gems=320crit,enchant=180str,reforge=exp_crit

hands=gauntlets_of_the_last_mogu,id=96732,gems=320crit_160exp_160crit_60mastery,enchant=170str,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=hit_mastery

waist=cloudbreaker_greatbelt,id=96373,gems=160exp_160crit_320crit_320crit_120crit,reforge=haste_crit

legs=legplates_of_the_last_mogu,id=96733,gems=320crit_160hit_160crit_120str,enchant=285str_165crit

feet=tidal_force_treads,id=96542,gems=160crit_160exp_60crit,enchant=140mastery,reforge=haste_mastery

finger1=spinescale_seal,id=96448,reforge=hit_mastery

finger2=band_of_the_scaled_tyrant,id=96500,gems=320crit,reforge=hit_crit

trinket1=primordius_talisman_of_rage,id=96501

trinket2=gaze_of_the_twins,id=96543

main_hand=shellsplitter_greataxe,id=96430,gems=160crit_160hit_60str,enchant=dancing_steel,reforge=hit_mastery

off_hand=shellsplitter_greataxe,id=96430,gems=160crit_160hit_60str,enchant=dancing_steel,reforge=hit_mastery

# Gear Summary
# gear_strength=18705
# gear_agility=80
# gear_stamina=25454
# gear_intellect=80
# gear_spirit=80
# gear_expertise_rating=2568
# gear_hit_rating=2657
# gear_crit_rating=15376
# gear_haste_rating=3679
# gear_mastery_rating=5256
# gear_armor=37021
# meta_gem=capacitive_primal
# tier15_2pc_melee=1
# tier15_4pc_melee=1
# hands=reinbinders_fists,heroic=1,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii
# main_hand=shellsplitter_greataxe,heroic=1,weapon=axe_2.60speed_8674min_16109max,enchant=dancing_steel
# off_hand=shellsplitter_greataxe,heroic=1,weapon=axe_2.60speed_8674min_16109max,enchant=dancing_steel
Another important note, Engineering whoops the !@#$ out of every other profession with 4 piece T15. It's 700~ish dps better than skinning.
Is it just me who can stack eng gloves with trinket? or bug?

I asked this Arms question:

"Since when Arms can't stack engineering gloves and trinket Badge of Victory together in a macro?
Fury can...weird."

Got this answer:

"You might want to double-check on that with fury. afaik synapse springs have always been unusable at the same time as badge for any class/spec."
New update to the patch notes...

- Reduced damage of Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow by 10%.

Also...

- Yes this is a nerf in a sea of buffs, but the Bloodsurge and Arms Deep Wounds changes ended up being too much of a buff.

Which I think means they took back our free Wild Strikes during Bloodsurge.

Welp.
Which I think means they took back our free Wild Strikes during Bloodsurge.

Welp.

No, those are still in, but BT, CS, and RB are being nerfed by 10%.
I was going to make a post about how we're likely to get nerfed--looks like GC beat me to it.

I ran some simulations of 5.2 with 508ish gear, 522 gear, and 540 gear... and Fury just beat the crap out of every other spec except frost mages for some reason. The dps advantage only grew with higher ilevels, and when I set the ilevel to 600 Fury/Fire mages were about 50k ahead of every other spec in the game.

4 piece T15 by itself is a 6k dps gain. They had to balance us out somehow.
I think the changes make sense, and I trust collision's sims. But I just wanted to say the whole overly defensive "yeah we made a few minor changes amongst a "sea of buffs" to have a pretty heavy whiff of dickish-ness to it. the amazing "sea of buffs" for fury constitutes a change to our worst stat to make it...better, but still our worst stat, and a pretty slight tweak to...our worst rotational ability (discounting fillers). the reason fury dps was too high is because it probably already is too high. make the changes you need to, but don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining just because you don't feel like being direct enough to simply say "you do too much damage, we're nerfing you." and nothing else.

come to think of it, this probably isn't even the appropriate place for this post but I saw the comment and just responded in the first place possible. oh well.
I think the changes make sense, and I trust collision's sims. But I just wanted to say the whole overly defensive "yeah we made a few minor changes amongst a "sea of buffs" to have a pretty heavy whiff of dickish-ness to it. the amazing "sea of buffs" for fury constitutes a change to our worst stat to make it...better, but still our worst stat, and a pretty slight tweak to...our worst rotational ability (discounting fillers). the reason fury dps was too high is because it probably already is too high. make the changes you need to, but don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining just because you don't feel like being direct enough to simply say "you do too much damage, we're nerfing you." and nothing else.

come to think of it, this probably isn't even the appropriate place for this post but I saw the comment and just responded in the first place possible. oh well.

I'm pretty sure the "sea of buffs" comment was in relation to the amount of buffs they were giving to all the other classes.

I'm pretty sure the "sea of buffs" comment was in relation to the amount of buffs they were giving to all the other classes.

oh.

now that you bring it up, and I re-read it, that does seem more likely. well, that post was 5 minutes of my life i'll never get back. kids, remember to read it over twice before you commence e-raging!
interesting, though, how Execute was untouched in this latest wave of nerf. further shifting the balance of damage to below 20%, hmm.

...but i really want to do a billion hit at some point, so i don't particularly mind in the least.
I hope this nerf is not too much for TG single target.
based on your sims, Collision, does this change the position of arms compared to fury? or does the nurf to CS keep it balanced out and fury is still just that bit ahead?
02/20/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Formation
based on your sims, Collision, does this change the position of arms compared to fury? or does the nurf to CS keep it balanced out and fury is still just that bit ahead?

I'll check it out. Arms is likely even with SMF, but due to (VERY) slightly inferior scaling, SMF will likely pull ahead with 522+ gear. TG is most likely the #3 spec even with higher ilevels.

We're talking about mere percentage points though.
I thought they nerfed the 5.2 haste buff from 100% to 50%? the latest patch notes still have it at 100%
02/21/2013 06:59 AMPosted by Elvendragoon
I thought they nerfed the 5.2 haste buff from 100% to 50%? the latest patch notes still have it at 100%

Last I checked, it had been reduced to 50% in the PTR thread and the patch notes just were never updated. Maybe worth asking GC about on Twitter.

Also:

- Recklessness – We are considering changing it to a 3 min cooldown with a +30% crit chance (down from 5 min, 50%). The glyph would need to change as well. We’re trying to move away from very long cooldowns, especially those without a lot of visual noise (e.g. a 1 min Army of the Dead would be pretty annoying to see, but Recklessness is pretty chill). It would let Recklessness line up better with Skull Banner (and maybe we would eventually just merge the two buttons), and have the added bonus of reducing warrior burst in PvP while still giving them more frequent use of the CD to avoid that all eggs in one basket feeling.

- Warrior – we reverted the nerfs to Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow. We planned on taking the damage out of Execute instead, but before we do that, we’re concerned that the actual problem is the legendary meta-gem being too good for warriors, and we don’t think it’s fair to nerf all warriors because of an item that nobody will have for some time. We may nerf the metagem for warriors instead.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861?page=31#602
Confirmed:

- We are going to lower Recklessness to 3 min cooldown, 30% crit. We will have to adjust the Glyph of Recklessness and T14 4pc (and probably other mechanics I forgot) to keep them at the same relative power.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861?page=35#699

No word yet on what the changes will be to Glyph of Reck and T14 4pc though.
Confirmed:

- We are going to lower Recklessness to 3 min cooldown, 30% crit. We will have to adjust the Glyph of Recklessness and T14 4pc (and probably other mechanics I forgot) to keep them at the same relative power.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861?page=35#699

No word yet on what the changes will be to Glyph of Reck and T14 4pc though.

I don't see why they would need to change the 4pc bonus.