5.0.4 Patching Error Code BLZPTS0000F [FIXED]

Technical Support
1 2 3 5 Next
While executing the Launcher.exe to patch up to 5.0.5 you may have trouble.
Some people have the problem in which the launcher closes and you get the following error report.

"Failed to Open a Required File. Please check your Internet connection and try again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step-by-step Solution Guide
Works 9/10 Times

1. Go into your Computer.
2. Click on Organize [Should be at the top left corner of your window.]
3. Go to [Folder and Search Options]
4. Click on 'View' tab.
5. Under 'Hidden Files and Folders' - Check 'Show hidden files and folders'.
6. Now in your C:/ Drive you should see a folder labeled 'Program Data'.
7. Go into Program Data and delete the folder named 'Battle.net'. [It seems to corrupt the DL].
8. Execute Launcher.exe in your WoW folder and it should fix your problems.

Good luck, see you all in game!
its a no-go... i go to the battle.net file and it tells me that it cant be deleted because a contained folder is opened. im not sure why, considering i dont have wow, the updater, launcher, repair tool, etc open
Seems to be working for me so far. Thanks dude, this was a godsend.

Bump and sticky requested so this can hopefully help someone else.
08/28/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Sikrath
its a no-go... i go to the battle.net file and it tells me that it cant be deleted because a contained folder is opened. im not sure why, considering i dont have wow, the updater, launcher, repair tool, etc open

You need to Kill all the Agent.exe processes in task manager

This fix is for the 7 error not the F error
i tried deleting the sub-folders individually to pin-point the problem. i was able to delete the settings and alient. no-go on the agent. i go into the folder and could delete everything but Agent.1225. i cant delete any of its sub-folders, so something in one of them is running

edit: i looked at my task bar, noting blizzard-related is running...
you sir are scholar and a gentlemen this worked for me, optimization underway!
I have check show hidden files and still cant find the "Program Data" folder
okay i must note: if you delete the battle.net folder, do not open it! that will cause all of its contents to run which will slow you down. open task manager, close the agent applications (if any) and processed. then go to the folder and delete the "battle.net" folder under "ProgramData" without opening the battle.net folder. ill post in a bit with results
yeah that worked! thanks a ton. free internet cookies. and sticky requested.
Liking this post and bumping.
I am in the C: drive. Running WIN XP Pro. The folder is either not there or not showing up.
08/28/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Solothena
The folder is either not there or not showing u

To display hidden folders on Windows XP, follow the the steps below:

Open Folder Options in Control Panel.

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options.
On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
Note

Hidden files and folders will appear dimmed to indicate they are not typical items. Usually, hidden files are program or system files that should not be deleted or changed. To display other hidden files, clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box.
The folder for XP is in your Documents and Settings\User\ApplicationData

I don't know if it is All users or Your user name

You could just go Find - Keyword "Battle", Search Hidden on your "Documents and Settings" folder
I see the dimmed files, but none of them say "ProgramData". It should be there, but it is not.
This is actually in the blues up top. I tried it and it didn't work. It's annoying. Some things are working for some and not others. None of is working for me...lol.