Theramore's Fall: Now Live for Level-85 Players

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 52 Next
Aww I was hoping for some quests to start off with. XD

What happened to it being available a few weeks before? Now it's just ONE week before? I'm kinda disappointed :(

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7045643

ditto. I was under the impression it would be a progressive line of things to do up until launch... Oh wells, on to grinding honor/justice! :)
I'm curious if there's gonna be a reward and/or feat of strength to go with the 85 variant as opposed to the 90 version we'll have in mists. Thank you if you respond .
I vote we boycott this instance, and demand an actual event. Blizzard says they want to get people into the world, but this action seems to point to the opposite.
i miss world events and world pvp! WHY!!!
08/28/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Deadlydorite
i miss world events and world pvp! WHY!!!

The massive amount of QQing.

"OMG I WAS GANKED BY A RAID!"

"OMG I WAS GANKED BY ZOMBIES!"
I always thought the pre-Cata event would be the low point for expansion launches. An instanced 3-person scenario outdoes that, and not in a good way.
When compared to the Pre-Cataclysm world event, this is simply pathetic.

In the lead up to Cataclysm, we had the whole deal with the quest sequence to infiltrate the Twilights hammer, at least one achieve / feat-of-strength: "Tripping the rifts", two if you count the follow on "Stood in the fire", all in all a lot of interesting content to experience, all of which lead up to the new x-pac.

TL;DR. Blizzard, you really dropped the ball badly on this one.
Hey, it could be worse. They could do nothing at all. Or make us all zombies again.

Personally, I'm excited for the Theramore scenario. But, mostly excited to see Garrosh get kicked to the curb. Could that be an expansion opener, instead of closer? Thanks.
I suppose I need to get to leveling...
You are locking the event leading up to a new expansion to not only be accessible instanced only but also to be max level. Meaning that there will be no major event that effects all players throughout the world?? Why would you leave so many people out of a new expansion event. The cata event was sad and blah but at least everyone could partake and it changed the cities for a little with active content. There are plenty of new Referred friends playing now and they get no event for an expansion that's not fun.

The Zombie invasion was the best thing that happened in game even with all the QQ about it but after the fact everyone loved it and it gave us something awesome to do for 2 weeks including the items we got and the special gear even if I didn't keep mine :(( sad panda. But I still have the trinkets and the haunted locket. Why would you not give us something like this even if it was perhaps a storm or random orc invasions/human invasions on cities or something that "leads" up to this scenerio event in a phased environment. Bland very bland and sad really.

"Get people out in the world" they said, "you'll love all the phased events that are limited to some" they countered".
I don't think it's that big of a deal.
My main question is.... is the scenario the only pre-expansion content?

Are there no world events happening like TBC/WOTLK/Cata?
My main question is.... is the scenario the only pre-expansion content?

Are there no world events happening like TBC/WOTLK/Cata?

From what they have said so far, that is correct. No world events.
Theramore's Fall, the first of many Scenarios coming to World of Warcraft, is a story-changing event that will be available to level-85 characters

[...]

We’ll see you there!

Except for those people who don't have a level 85 character. Oh well.
so is this like it was with gnomeragan and darkspear trolls? or is it something different then those?
I remember collecting items to see the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj.

I saw Highlord Kruul storm through Ironforge before the Burning Crusade.

I witnessed the undead Scourge invasion and attempted to avoid becoming one of them.

I saw the elementals attack Stormwind and I fought through various dungeons to stop their leaders.

I sure hope there's more to this event than a single scenario.
Maybe this is just me but I'm not sure I want to take part in a scenario or an event where I am guarantied to be on the losing side. Kind of the definition of not fun.

Otherwise I am really looking forward to Mists.