What is the Horde/Tauren opinion on bastards?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
The title should be fairly self explanatory, but for those who don't get it.
I am thinking of making a tauren character on an RP realm, who I want to be a bastard son of a Tauren Scout in Northrend and a female from the Taunka'le Village.
But before I do this, do the Tauren as a race have any problems with bastards???
(Also, I am not so sure about the times between WotLK and now, so if there is something wrong with the time, please tell me :D )
I thought bastard was a term used to humorously insult someone.

D:>
I am using it in the "Illegitimate son/daughter" sense. ;D
08/28/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Ballikzz
I want to be a bastard son of a Tauren Scout in Northrend and a female from the Taunka'le Village.

I don't think it's workable given your character would only be a few years old. The Tauren have only just met the Taunka within the past couple of years.
It has not been many seasons since WOTLK, and you would be quite young.

As far as tribal acceptance, it would vary but here are my thoughts:

You never see tauren orphans during Children's Week. This is because if a calf loses it's parents, members of the tribe step up and raise that calf. Shu'Halo take care of their own, and I would think that would extend to Taunka/Tauren mixes. You see the Taunka orphans in Northrend tended to by either a Taunka or Tauren female. Calves are our future, and we honor our ancestors by caring for the young.

There is little in lore or the game to indicate much in the way of family structure. I do not see where in Shu'Halo culture there would be much stigma attached to offspring from a pairing outside of a formal relationship as there is in our society. Given our people have in the last few decades gone through the Centaur Wars, the general fighting about Azeroth, and most recently the horrible battle with The Grimtotem Tribe, our numbers are thinning. I would think any offspring represents a future and would be welcomed.
Ok, so the bastard part is fine then, but Northrend is a little soon.
Thanks for the help.
08/29/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Ballikzz
Ok, so the bastard part is fine then, but Northrend is a little soon.

Pretty much :) Gl though
What with the Tauren being a more responsible, nurturing, and just generally 'good' race overall, I would think that any father who sired a bastard and then abandoned the child and mother would have a much worse time from their fellow Tauren than the child ever would.

War already covered about the timeline discrepancy which you have acknowledged, but you should also be aware that while the Tauren and Tanuka are very similar, they do have some fundamental differences in how they view and interact with the Spirits. I would suggest doing some research on this as it would probably have some sort of effect on your character, especially if he was raised by his mother's tribe.