Stay Classy Guild Achievement

Bug Report
Over the past month or two my guildmates and I have been working to finish this achievement so that we could get the 8th bank slot prior to MoP. I deleted my warlock to open up a character slot for a warrior, deleted my DK to level another DK, then deleted that one to level a third. Two or three other guild members leveled characters as well to finish up the achievements. Today was the last day I needed to finish the achievement; I've had an undead DK at 85 since last Wednesday who only needed 250 guild rep to hit honored. I logged in today, completed a few dailies to finish hitting honored, and no achievement. When I check, we now need an undead monk and all of the Panda classes.

I had found a blue post on the EU forums saying that this would not be the case.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5168137349

Any help would be welcome, I'm incredibly frustrated by this, as it has taken at least 150 hours of my time, not including the warlock and DK I deleted to make room for new characters, as well as the time required for my guildmates to level their toons. To come up 250 rep short because of the weekly cap a full month before the expansion launches is...suffice it to say that I would like to keep this post polite.

I did file an in-game ticket, but the character limit in the ticket made it difficult to describe my problem.
I had found a blue post on the EU forums saying that this would not be the case.

EU and NA are entirely separate and do not always follow the same rules or changes. Also nothing is ever set in stone until it is released.
I am having this EXACT same issue, except mine was just a dwarf rogue we needed to finish.

Considering that we cannot play the monk class yet I am hoping this is just a bug Blizz will fix, but I really wanted to get our guilds 8th bank tab today!

My game ticket is also in, with an expected wait time of 3 days...
I have to think it's a mistake, since the earlier achievements are completed when you hit 85, and only the pandas are at 90. It seems like they would have made all of them 90 if the idea was just to say, "Too bad, so sad until MoP."
I don't know if this is happening in your guild or not but like I said we are only officially missing the Classy Dwarves Achievement because of the (hope to be) bug.

When I go to the Stay Classy Achievement the Classy Worgen is greyed out, but we've completed this and it shows the completion date when we hover over it.

*Edit: Fixed Typo*
All of our classy achievements are completed except Undead (because of the monk) and now Panda. In the meta (Stay Classy) achievement it shows all of them as completed except Undead and Panda. Dunno why it would show it as completed but not completed for you, that's definitely weird.
Problem is, this was NOT the way it was on PTR. There was a Classy Panda, but the regular achievement had not been changed, nor had the monk been added to non-Panda races. Furthermore there was nothing in the patch notes about this AT ALL, and this basically prevents any guild from getting this for likely months (grinding up Monks of other races, and grinding up one of each class for the Pandas).

Blizz, you really messed this up. This should not have passed QA, not without some sort of patch note.
In the meta it says we've completed the pandaren achievement but when we click it it (obviously) says we didn't, which leads me to believe that our original problem is a bug.

I would love to see a blue post though!
Problem is, this was NOT the way it was on PTR. There was a Classy Panda, but the regular achievement had not been changed, nor had the monk been added to non-Panda races. Furthermore there was nothing in the patch notes about this AT ALL, and this basically prevents any guild from getting this for likely months (grinding up Monks of other races, and grinding up one of each class for the Pandas).

It's got to be a bug, and if it isn't then they'll have to fix it as they had not warned anyone about it.

If they did, I would of started this achievement a week or two before I did.
Our guild is facing the same problem. We only needed the goblin mage and rogue. Both toons are in progress and over 80. They would have both easily been completed before the launch of Pandas and more than likely finished this week. We have spent many hours on this, deleted toons to make room for more and even paid for second accounts for awhile to complete this achievement and get the 8th bank tab. I opened a ticket only to be told there was nothing they could do to help me. I am beyond frustrated with Blizzard right now.
08/28/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Alinda
I opened a ticket only to be told there was nothing they could do to help me.

Did they provide any other information? Such as it's a bug perhaps? That they are working on it? That we are all essentially screwed until we re-roll as monks?

My ticket still has 3 days left on it. =/
Did they provide any other information? Such as it's a bug perhaps? That they are working on it? That we are all essentially screwed until we re-roll as monks?

My ticket still has 3 days left on it. =/

No the GM response said that his guild was in the same boat and were not fast enough to beat the patch and that GM's couldn't change things in game He said the only thing that I could do is send a suggestion to the developers.
Got a response to my ticket (which also said 3 days.) In short, "Too bad, so sad." They suggested that I use the in game suggestion button to mention this to the devs. I really hope that this is a bug, it's a wretched thing to have done intentionally.
Great customer service by Blizzard Entertainment. Locking us out of an achievement that many people gunned for before MoP and stopping them dead in their tracks when the customers have no control over this. Sometimes I wonder why I still give them my money.

I haven't received my support ticket left but I don't intend to give up on this issue. Especially since I was slapped in the face with only 127 rep left to get the Stay Classy Achievemnt.
I have played WoW for a long time now, and I've generally been happy with Blizzard's support and addressing player concerns. I have to think that this was mistakenly changed ahead of schedule and that it will be fixed. I'm really trying to stay positive about it, but it's tough because at the moment I am so frustrated that I don't even want to log into the game.

This completely ruined the 5.0.4 launch for me. I've been nauseous since yesterday evening at the thought of a game mechanic that stopped us 250 rep short of finishing the thing being the cause of my guild having to do at least another 1000 hours of work to get the 8th bag slot. Worse, for the next several months nobody is going to want to do anything other than go from 85 --> 90 and gear up. It will be at least a year before my guild can finish this now, and all because of 250 rep.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if there weren't a reward attached to it, but there is, and it's a big one.
Does it usually take this long for a blue post?

I've been playing WoW on and off for about 4-5 years now, and this is the first time I've ever made a post on these forums.

I too, am greatly disappointed about getting so close to something only to be stopped dead in my tracks.
My guild's in the same boat. Our last four characters dinged 85 this week before the patch, but because of the ridiculous low level rep gains and then the weekly cap, all four characters were a handful of turnins short of rep - all of them less than 1000 rep out.

We had thought because of that blue post we'd be fine. And now, of course, we're seriously hoping Blizz resolves this positively.
These threads are read by customer support, and presumably the devs if something major happens, but there's no reason to expect a blue post. It would be nice to either get confirmation that this is a bug or at least have someone say that this is working as intended though, I agree.
08/29/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Xarimna
I've been playing WoW on and off for about 4-5 years now, and this is the first time I've ever made a post on these forums.

This thread is also my first time posting to the forums after several years of playing WoW, but I was upset enough with this issue to post. If we would have had any clue that we had to have the overall Classy achievement finished by Tuesday, we would have. We were working under the time frame of finishing it before the Pandas launch. Like another poster said, it is at least another full years work now to complete it. I honestly don't think we have it in us, since it was a very small group of core players in our guild that took on the task of working on this achievement and made toon after toon to do so.
Same boat here. Needed two more and stopped so we could do a guild Herald of the Titans run. Both characters are already honored and just need 85. Now we need a monk of two more races and all of the panda characters too.