Combat Spec - Dual wield swords?

Rogue
With the new posion system and only being able to use one lethal posion, do we still need to equip a dagger on the off-hand? Always wanted to dual wield swords :(

Thanks for the help!
You'll proc poisons less (both weapons proc them and now all poisons have a flat chance to proc, making faster weapons more ideal). I think you'd lose 2-4% of your DPS using two slow weapons, give or take.

The harder part would be finding two swords worth equipping.
You'll proc poisons less (both weapons proc them and now all poisons have a flat chance to proc, making faster weapons more ideal). I think you'd lose 2-4% of your DPS using two slow weapons, give or take.

The harder part would be finding two swords worth equipping.

You won't lose even close to 1% dps... if you don't miss the times of Killing Spree.
09/01/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Zhan
You won't lose even close to 1% dps... if you don't miss the times of Killing Spree
Killing spree is a low portion of combat's damage, even with the buff it got. Do not forget that the offhand hits for less than the mainhand.

All in all, not much of an increase to something that's already a small contributor.
Deadly poison procs are 12-14% of combat's damage (not counting the DoT). You stand to lose ~30% by using a slower weapon, so 3.6-4.2%. Killing spree is around 3%, and you'd gain 50% of 30% of 3%, so... 3% + 0.045% = 3.045%? Rough napkin math is rough, but if we're talking equal item levels the extra killing spree damage shouldn't be too high. So I suspect you'd lose around [(3.6 + 4.2) / 2] - 0.045 = 3.855%.
09/01/2012 01:45 AMPosted by Verelyse
Deadly poison procs are 12-14% of combat's damage (not counting the DoT). You stand to lose ~30% by using a slower weapon, so 3.6-4.2%. Killing spree is around 3%, and you'd gain 50% of 30% of 3%, so... 3% + 0.045% = 3.045%? Rough napkin math is rough, but if we're talking equal item levels the extra killing spree damage shouldn't be too high. So I suspect you'd lose around [(3.6 + 4.2) / 2] - 0.045 = 3.855%.
Well, he said "close to," so you're still in the clear. >_>
To be fair if we're talking about dual-wielding no'kaleds, there might be some wiggle-room.
The only slow weapon that rogues will want in pve will be the fist weapons that can go legendary.

So you might expect some kind "special ability" that a sham would like too.
The only slow weapon that rogues will want in pve will be the fist weapons that can go legendary.

So you might expect some kind "special ability" that a sham would like too.

There's not a T14 legendary, we get a +500 agility gem from the first phase of the Wrathion Quest that can be put in a Sha-touched weapon ( Spiritsever or Claws of Shek'zeer ). The quest chain will continue through following raid tiers, but we don't know when we'll actually get a weapon out of it.

We only get one Crystallized Dread, so we'll probably socket a dagger to use in our OH as any spec.

09/01/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Zhan

There's no raid-level slow agility weapons in T14 that aren't fist weapons, for that matter.
I didn't meant we will get in 5.1, I meant that when.... when it's avaliable the bonus ability will be something that shams will like it too.

"But blizzard might change rogues.."

No they won't, Beta told us so.

And you can only socket "sha-touched" weapoons with those things.
09/01/2012 01:45 AMPosted by Verelyse

We went over this last time, you'll loose ~30% of your offhand poison procs, but the overall loss of procs will be smaller since it won't affect your mh or ability generated procs. Probably closer to ~15% of your overall instant procs.

And your Killing Spree calculation seems too low. Where'd that 30% come in between the 50% and 3%? (I'm assuming that's how you're separating the offhand portion from the overall? It'd probably be easier to just look at the offhand portion by itself since logs count it separate anyways). Also, 50% of 30% of 3% is 0.45%, not 0.045%.
Don't forget to bring in Combat Potency procs
09/01/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Pancakê
We went over this last time
xD Oh, mom.

09/01/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Stabynarwhal
Don't forget to bring in Combat Potency procs
Those were normalized so they occur more often for slower weapons, kinda like instant poison used to.
hope so i've got a Rune Sword of the xxxxxx i've been dieing to transmog
Just thought I'd post a link to this other topic, since they're on the exact same thing, where me and Vere bounced more responses back and forth. Rather than having to have the same conversation twice. (and I keep forgetting which one is which when I click them)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6470848109