PLEASE DELETE - NEW THREAD MADE

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
Hopefully this helps. If you have a different way of formatting you want to use, no worries. Figured I'd try and save you the boringness that is formatting since you took the extensive amount of time/effort to write this entire thing.

I did some minor spelling fixes as I saw them... but all of this is your information basically word for word.
Hopefully this helps. If you have a different way of formatting you want to use, no worries. Figured I'd try and save you the boringness that is formatting since you took the extensive amount of time/effort to write this entire thing.

I did some minor spelling fixes as I saw them... but all of this is your information basically word for word.

You sir... are a saint! <333

I'm doing my best to get to it ^_^; My issue is Time haha. I have it on Mmo-Champ WoW head and here. All of which uses different coding / interfaces for formatting. mmo uses WOWDB for tooltips, wowhead uses their own database for them ect ect- but thank you so much dude, much appreciated!
Don't worry about it. If you'll continue to keep this updated as things change either in this thread or later on once MoP hits, I've got no problems with saving you some time by doing the formatting.

Not often we get a chicken PVP guide given the spec's rather abysmal history with the topic.
Glyph of the Moonbeast

Test.

HAH. Gotcha.
2. Glyphs
(Thank you Apepi!)

We honestly have a decent amount of choice when it comes to glyphs as balance. The ones I list are viable choices. If you guys think there are other good options let me know! The ones with * next to them are the ones I am personally running with next season, but they can change depending on your comp!

Major:

Glyph of the Moonbeast *
Glyph of Barkskin *
Glyph of Solar Beam *
Glyph of Stampede
Glyph of Entangling Roots
Glyph of Cyclone
Glyph of Nature's Grasp
Glyph of Fae Silence - This could be clunky to use consistently.
Glyph of Innervate - With how low regen will be next season. This might be an attractive choice.

Minor:
There don't really affect PvP game-play. So pick which ones you enjoy the most.

Glyph of Stars - If you don't like the moonkin form, but honestly who doesn't love our silky feathers?
Glyph of Charm Woodland Creature - ADORABLE!
Glyph of Grace
Glyph of Aquatic Form
Glyph of the Stag * - My other mount is a druid!
Glyph of the Cheetah
Glyph of the Predator
Btw. If you want to use the formatting I'm using, just hit the 'quote' button on my post, and remove the bits that look like:

[ quote="65218455267"] at the top
and
[ /quote] at the bottom.

That'll let you copy my formatting tags, but let you grab your guide text too. :)
3. Races
Honestly I feel Race should come down to personal preference. In regards to best Racials I’d have to say Troll = Night Elf > Tauren > Worgen.

Troll - Offers the best damage increase with Berserking.
Night Elf - Shadowmeld is an amazing ability. When you use it, it drops target on you. Today almost everyone uses Focus Macro’s to CC targets. If you know you are about to get Feared you can meld to drop target and not get feared ect.
Tauren - offers War Stomp which is extremely helpful for getting off clutch cyclones.
Worgen - is the least useful out of the bunch, increased critical strike and a ghetto-dash called Darkflight.

I have personally tried each of the races, it doesn’t make a huge difference in game play. Pick the one YOU enjoy the most!
Holding off on the stats section for now. What Moonmon and later Tag mentions earlier in the thread might be cause for concern or editing. (Relative value of crit vs haste I mean).

EDIT: ARE WE HAPPY NOW? (Sorry. :s)
i mentioned it first :( also crit bonus on rejuv seems oddly high
Teranin, i copied over the glyph section. Leaving work now though. I'll edit the rest after my date tonight haha. Once again thank you so much dude!

EDIT:

Updated the glyph section as well as the races.
Btw. If you want to use the formatting I'm using, just hit the 'quote' button on my post, and remove the bits that look like:

[ quote="65218455267"] at the top
and
[ /quote] at the bottom.

That'll let you copy my formatting tags, but let you grab your guide text too. :)

I need to figure out how to do that so I can actually put mouseovers on some of my guide stuff. >.>
Thanks for this — I was inspired to pull out my mostly-Ruthless Balance gear and hit a BfG. Got 2nd in damage and top in KBs :-)

Anyway, here's a little macro I threw together while I was standing in front of the training dummies. I'm sure it's been done before, and no doubt better, but here you go:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=mouseover, exists] Moonfire, Sunfire; Moonfire, Sunfire

First press casts Moonfire, next casts Sunfire, on the target under your mouse cursor if there is one, otherwise on your regular target.
Thanks for this — I was inspired to pull out my mostly-Ruthless Balance gear and hit a BfG. Got 2nd in damage and top in KBs :-)

Glad it helped you dude!
Some more minor changes. Teribill we already discussed / tested it =) Thanks though!
I'm by no means an avid pvper, but some other experienced boomkins i've played with seem to think that haste isn't nearly as good as it was last patch. This to me makes sense, given how pathetic dots are compared to what they once were. The fact that dot crits proc starsurge alone easily makes crit more desirable, and the ticks you lose by not stacking haste are more than made up for when a nuke crits and the dots on your target get extended.

Also I think mastery should be viewed under a whole new light. Given the changes to euphoria, eclipse, and our playstyle in general, the fact that we are now much more in control of where we are eclipse-wise makes it more desirable. And it also by far has the best synergy with incarnation and CA, although unlike crit and haste, mastery doesn't do anything to help our self heals.
I'm by no means an avid pvper, but some other experienced boomkins i've played with seem to think that haste isn't nearly as good as it was last patch. This to me makes sense, given how pathetic dots are compared to what they once were. The fact that dot crits proc starsurge alone easily makes crit more desirable, and the ticks you lose by not stacking haste are more than made up for when a nuke crits and the dots on your target get extended.

You're more than free to have your own opinion. I still stand by haste. Crit is RNG, every time you don't crit it's a wasted stat for that cast. Haste affects EVERYTHING you do in a match. More Hots, More DoTs. Faster Cyclones, Healing touches, Roots, Hard casting and tranqs. Stacking Crit just for the sole purpose of more Starsurge procs does not out weigh those benefits.

I 100% agree Crit is A LOT more attractive now as a stat, we use to avoid it like the plague; but if anything Haste is still best- leaving mastery VS crit? That is where we have room for debate. Mastery we don't benefit out of eclipse - but we are IN eclipse a lot more often now. Which increases it's usefulness.

We have more wiggle-room in our gear as well since Resil ( And now PvP-Power) are not in the stat budget.

I do appreciate the input though =) If you can gather some more data showing Crit is disputably better than HASTE I'll update the guide accordingly.

Thanks!
Thanks for this - learnt a few things - particularly the solar beam -> vortex thing is awesome as I always had trouble getting the timing for those working... I've been having fun as my chicken in disguise again. For random BGs I find Glyph of Stars an advantage... I know I have trouble working out who is a resto and who is a boomie because the stars animation is so hard to see. Not a huge thing, but every little bit helps.

#showtooltip Wild Charge
/cancelform
/cast [@HEALERNAME,nostance,nodead] Wild Charge

You should be able to use the condition on the cancelform too - that way it won't kick you out of form if you healer died in the meantime. So:
#showtooltip Wild Charge
/cancelform [@HEALERNAME,nodead]
/cast [@HEALERNAME,nostance,nodead] Wild Charge

09/05/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Veigar
PvP power increases your Healing and Damage done by a certain %. The healing portion is only active when you are in Arena or Battlegrounds.

Actually its always active except in PvE instances - i.e. dungeons and raids (and I assume scenarios). Slightly different, but allows for PvP power to still be of use in open world pvp.

RE: Crit - it's value increases in the number of targets you can dot up essentially - so I could see it being useful for RGBs and random BGs but less so for arenas. I've been reforging into crit, but I'll have to try switching back to haste and see how that goes.
shrooms are no longer effected by eclipse

They actually are. Although I guess they do so little damage that them benefitting from Solar probably won't make a difference =/
Great job putting this together but I highly disagree with the idea that the minor glyphs do not affect pvp. Which pvp? Arena? Might be right there but for WPvP (which is already exploding in the CRZs /cheer) and BGs/RBGs you might want to consider these:

Glyph of Grace - Has already proved useful in Glineas (over the ridge) and AB (Mine) Nice to be able to NOT shapeshift and go in all lazers a blazin' without the fall damage.

Glyph of Aquatic Form - Gilneas, TP In WPvP is has proved quite useful in some situations as well
Glyph of the Stag * - My other mount is a druid! Had to grab the flag? Worried you will outrun your healer?? Naw... just bring one along with you. There are other reasons but that is most important.

It seems that in regular BGs, the sparkle druids are getting blown up because they look like healers to the kids that don't know how to tell yet. That won't be an issue in RBG/Arena but geesh.... Why chance it?