PLEASE DELETE - NEW THREAD MADE

Druid
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
prob crit is more efficient but I'll still go with haste. single button gameplay? I rolled moonkin for exactly opposite promise of diverse engagement that it offered.

Good luck then. Being kicked out of half or all of your schools of spells is not fun at all. Crit is the best stat to reforge to and you'll get so many procs of SS, I can't see how you wouldn't have fun. Boomkin is all about spreading dots and being an annoying CCer.
Am I the only one who needs press twice on button for this macro?

/cancelform
/cast Wild Charge
Am I the only one who needs press twice on button for this macro?

Nope.

When you shift out, the Wild Charge spell doesn't immediately change to fit that of your humanoid form. Some time is needed for the server to register that the wild charge spell is different, and that's why you have to press it more than once.
the wild charge in bear form, what is exactly immobilize? is it full stun, or just movement impediment? is it smart to immobilize warrior, or is it jumping in lion's jaws?
03/26/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Bawk
prob crit is more efficient but I'll still go with haste. single button gameplay? I rolled moonkin for exactly opposite promise of diverse engagement that it offered.

Good luck then. Being kicked out of half or all of your schools of spells is not fun at all. Crit is the best stat to reforge to and you'll get so many procs of SS, I can't see how you wouldn't have fun. Boomkin is all about spreading dots and being an annoying CCer.

i guess beefing haste in pvp is really not that crucial. in terms of casting time improvement is negligible. extra dot, that's worth some, but its not a game changer. so crit's - fine, but I still hope there is other way to make moonkin viable, other than spamming ss. id get haste till first 5k dot and then go crit. what I dislike most about ss spamming is that whole versatility of shapeshifting is passed on.
03/13/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Bawk
Hit cap > PvP resilience > Crit > PvP Power > Mastery > Haste

That can be argued. :P
That's a good reforge/gemming priority for Arena. Not so much RBGs. You want a lot more power than resil for RBGs.

I'd honestly say;
Hit > PvP Power > Crit (Reforges) = Resil (Gemming) > Mastery > Haste

for BGs/RBGs.

So far in MoP, i've found the following to actually provide the best results for RBG's:

Hit (6%) > PvP power > Mastery > Crit > haste

Last season I was able to reach 2550 in RBG's because my instant-cast starsurges would basically cause people on the opposing team to be gibbed, which gave my team the upper hand at nodes / flags (they quite frequently critted for anywhere between 250k -> 300k with CD's popped).

With the nerf to NV this season, the SS's are not critting for as much (usually around 200k+). This has still proven to gib members of the opposing team if you run with a group that switches fast + has a good TC.

So far this season I have only been doing RBG's on weekends due to my new raiding schedule, and I am currently at 2150. I'm finding that while following this stat priority, I am still getting a lot of starsurge procs (since I usually have dots spread on all targets around me anyway).

This is the reason why I personally believe that Mastery is better than crit for RBG's, It causes all of your eclipsed dots to put that much more pressure on the opposing team + starsurges on the focus target do much more damage, and can cause you to score a kill earlier in the team fights.

Stacking crit would cause you to get more starsurge procs, but in practice you should have your eclipsed dot rolling on everyone in your range, so the extra crit would only cause your starsurge procs to override eachother.

Here's a YT vid of some poor soul that i ended up Q'n into that gets insta-gibbed by me while he is recording (at about 7 minute mark): www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbxAu8WERMM
Someone on my old server found the video and showed it to me lol.

Also note that i joined the game after the opposing team capped the flag, and still topped dmg :P
Jubz, you are basically using a theory based on improving your dot smug throughout and using big bursts of ss procs rather than lower sustained dps with more frequent yet weaker ss procs right?
Apparently my phone auto-corrects dmg to smug :/
Yes, this is correct. The extra dmg from mastery also applies to starsurges as well as the dots
I reforged to mastery today, and didn't do anything with haste at all..using your stat priority jubz, and my dmg for an overall bg increased by about 40%, and I was much more effective at getting burst kills on the focus
What do you think about the trinkets? I never run with a the cc break pvp trinket. I use the 2 dps ones, but it is kinda seeming that with all of the stuns now, the cc break may be needed. So in that case, the 1:30 cd burst trink or the chance on hit spellpower trink?
In that case, you should be using the on use trinket for more control over your burst.

As for whether or not to use the CC breaking trinket, I've been leaning more towards using it recently due to how many CC's there are. I also like to save the CC break for when my CD's are up or if my group is trying to coordinate something such as a grip knockoff.

You also might want to swap out your druid's Wyrmhide helm for the kodohide helm if you can, and your cyclone glyph to barkskin. The kodohide helm has much better stats and there is no real point to having 5 piece.
I actually did swap that glyph, but I hated losing that 5yds of cc range. Maybe I just need to get used to it. I thought I was using kodo gloves or something, but I will look at the helm.

I hate using the cc break trinket. Seems like such a dps loss, but I guess death loses the most dps.
I believe that it is a dps loss, but it allows you to have more control over using abilities that could win you the game... such as a knockoff at lumbermill or in the middle of EOTS (using it to break a fear when your DK is going to grip their entire team beside the cliff).

The bonus mastery on the trinket helps to negate a lot of the dmg loss, unfortunately it's not all of it though. You gain more +% dmg from the PvP power trinket (and pvp power +dmg is always active even while not eclipsed).

I do stream both PVE heroic ToT encounters and RBG PvP if you want to check it out:

www.twitch.tv/snakeyeww
Jubz can you log out in your pvp gear I'd like to take a look. Like many others, I've prioritized crit over mastery and always used Inc/CA together. I'd like to try your set up and see how it goes.
I will try to remember to log out in it later today.
I updated my armory to have my pvp gear equipped
HOW for PVP? ehh? not sure if that is for pve or not but I tried it
wasn't very impressed...
Any thongs jubz?
I personally use HotW for pvp as well, the static 6% increase to intellect provides more sustained pressure as opposed to 10% extra dmg every 1.5 minutes.

Not to mention that balance is a very squishy spec and having the extra defensive can prove to be very useful (having the extra healing cooldown for tight spots has saved me and my team mates on many different occasions).
03/28/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Jubz
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbxAu8WERMM

Lol that video is hilarious, especially since they are being asshats and farming GY....priceless. This may be my favorite video ever lol. I kind of want that part as an animated gif......

I don't play boomie other than farming dailies, but this is fantastic.