How do turn off a Cross Realm Zone?

General Discussion
With 40 people doing the same quests I'm having to stand around waiting for spawns and then race to tag them first. I just want to get my quests done. How do I choose to quest in my own realm only?
Play a single player game.

The vast majority of quests in this game - the current, relevant dailies and such at least - dynamically respawn so that wait times are not too much higher with lots of competition for a mob.
You can't.
I too would like to be able to turn it off. It was annoying doing my Argent Tournment dailies today with loads of people running around. At least make it so it doesn't happen for certain zones because most people that go to Icecrown are only going to be there for the dailies. It's not like there is people spread throughout the zone doing different quests which means the dailies get overpopulated.
People should chill on this issue...apparently reading comprehension is extremely low (or people just shoot their tempers off about a new feature before even reading and understanding what blizzard says about it first...)

If you read the blizzard post/article on corss realms.....first its obviously a new thing to WoW and as it being a new feature they said they will watch it and monitor the effects on servers and make adjustments over time as needed to keep the exeprience good for players.

Also you can't opt out of it...this feature is an all or nothing kind of technology, either they apply to the whole realm or they don't...that's it.

Not to mention I couldn't image how complex the coding would be for every single player in wow to have a toggle on off cross realms feature in their UI.... I mean how would the game even handle that...especially if you could switch it on or off at will.

My bottom line is --- chill....have SOME patience for all that is holy....at least give blizz a chance of a few weeks to tweak everything before screaming the sky is falling...
After doing the Argent Dailies on a few characters today the cross-realm thing was annoying at first, but it kind of grows on you. It was fun to chat with all the people from different realms, and kind of nice to see so much activity going on it makes the game feel more alive. And they seem to have "super-charged" the spawn rates so it turns out not to be much of a problem.
Yea, it won't be a problem until you are trying to go after a rare spawn mob or a rare spawn mount. Or a world boss. God I hate this idea.
People should chill on this issue...apparently reading comprehension is extremely low (or people just shoot their tempers off about a new feature before even reading and understanding what blizzard says about it first...)

If you read the blizzard post/article on corss realms.....first its obviously a new thing to WoW and as it being a new feature they said they will watch it and monitor the effects on servers and make adjustments over time as needed to keep the exeprience good for players.

Also you can't opt out of it...this feature is an all or nothing kind of technology, either they apply to the whole realm or they don't...that's it.

Not to mention I couldn't image how complex the coding would be for every single player in wow to have a toggle on off cross realms feature in their UI.... I mean how would the game even handle that...especially if you could switch it on or off at will.

My bottom line is --- chill....have SOME patience for all that is holy....at least give blizz a chance of a few weeks to tweak everything before screaming the sky is falling...

The problem is that blizz have had many, many weeks to tweak it and fix some of the issues, however it hasn't been done. Not only that but instead of just keeping it on a few realms until it's working better, they have decided to keep rolling it out and further annoy the player base with a buggy half-finished system.

I don't know who makes decisions there but they really need fired. Taking something that's not working properly and pushing it on to everyone whether they want it or not is just very bad business.
Isn't the Cross-Realms only for the low population servers? Whereas medium to high servers wouldn't have to worry?

That would imply that Moonguard would get into my Goldshire here in Earthen Ring.

O fel..
Isn't the Cross-Realms only for the low population servers? Whereas medium to high servers wouldn't have to worry?

That would imply that Moonguard would get into my Goldshire here in Earthen Ring.

I was under the impression that it would apply to any server, any zone where there aren't a certain amount of people in it. So... you're probably safe so long as Moonguard's Goldshire is crowded enough.

I'm on a medium population server and I see folks from other realms all the time. It was exceedingly rare for me to go a day without running into people in zones, Horde or Alliance. Yet we're still crossed over with other servers.