Arms and Fury feel the exact same

Warrior
As the title says, Arms and Fury are way to similar to really justify going either way. Keep in mind I don't care if one does 'X'% more damage on fight 'Y' or vice versa. What I am talking about it the act of playing the class. Now most classes feel similar when playing different specs and I have never really had a problem with it before, but right now there really isn't any difference at all except the name of abilities.

Mortal Strike = Blood Thirst
Over Power = Raging Blow
Slam = Wild Strike

Each one of these abilities has some little extra effect that makes them different, but it's pretty minor and non-existent in terms of actual play. The fact that MS has a heal buff and BT just heals, really doesn't improve or change the "rotation" or priority of abilities. You will still hit MS or BT on cool down in order to proc your second ability, OP or RB. With WS/Slam to burn excess rage. Now there is a slight change with cheap WS or hard hitting HS procs but those don't really give the specs a separate "feel" to them.

The problem comes from the fact that most of the abilities or special features of each spec was put into the talent tree and took all the "flavor" out of going with a certain spec. The mobility cool downs from fury and the utility abilities that arms had are all talents or glyphs now and don't require either spec to have. As it stands now, if you simply replace the three core abilities of each spec with their equivalent stated above, you can play your warrior the exact same way with the exception that arms has to watch for taste procs.

I think arms is "right" in terms of play, the spec plays/feels how it should in my opinion and you get the sensation you are running around with a highly skilled 2h weapon master. Fury is simply... not furious. Yes, the enrage effect has more of an impact on fury play but it doesn't leave the sense of a berserker running around with a weapon in each hand smashing anything that moves. With BT on a 4.5 second CD and the chance for no RB procs, Fury spends too much time waiting on white-hits and lacks the sense of urgency the spec should have. That feeling is fine for the disciplined and professional Arms spec whose class is more about timing and precision with abilities. Fury should have a slight feel of being out of control while playing, quicker CD's and lower damage on those abilities could achieve that goal while maintaining balance. To give a sense of what I want in terms of playing, I want fury to feel like whack a mole while arms should be a patient rotation while waiting for key procs and abilities. The other option would be to give arms/fury a few "flavor" abilities that the other spec doesn't have.

TL;DR
Fury and Arms have the same feel in terms of play. Neither spec has a unique "flavor" and the only thing that will decide between them will be whichever does 0.0001% more damage.
That's because you don't have the new armor which is more than likely going to change that???

But will see....
How is the armor going to change anything? The bonuses I found will affect each spec equally.
I dunno, I kind of agree... but then again I have little say in it. I don't play arms, but a friend does and refused to play his warrior after the last patch because he's not so much a fan of fury, thinking they buffed it or something. To be honest, I only played arms in vanilla so... My word really means nothing. Plus he does almost exclusive PvP so, not sure if it you mean PvE or PvP or both...
I've been leveling a warrior.

There no reason whatsoever to level as Fury OR Arms.

In Fury it usually takes me about 2 Bloodthirsts, a couple wild strikes, get lucky with a proc of Raging Blow then a few normal attacks to kill a mob (full heirloom btw). Arms not much different. I tried both TG and SMF (2 2h heirlooms and 2 1h Sword heirlooms

Protection though. Charge, 1 MAYBE 2 Devastates, then a Shield slam = dead mob. Rinse, repeat.

Whats the point of playing anything other than Prot for leveling? Nothing except to say ooo look pretty pair of 2h.

Just spent 10 minutes in each in Fury and Prot:
Fury ave 301.2 dps
Prot ave 411.0 dps

At level 39 killing the same type of mobs.

Not to mention you take more damage in Fury cause you taking longer to kill things.

Now Prot has best of both worlds. Insta Queue dungeons and fastest leveling for questing

In Fury it usually takes me about 2 Bloodthirsts, a couple wild strikes, get lucky with a proc of Raging Blow then a few normal attacks to kill a mob (full heirloom btw). Arms not much different. I tried both TG and SMF (2 2h heirlooms and 2 1h Sword heirlooms

Protection though. Charge, 1 MAYBE 2 Devastates, then a Shield slam = dead mob. Rinse, repeat.

Whats the point of playing anything other than Prot for leveling? Nothing except to say ooo look pretty pair of 2h.

Or preference and play-style. I'm not sure if this is a general consensus of anything, but I enjoy more of a challenge in WoW than to faceroll, hence me getting pissed that my Holy Pally could 1 shot people. Then again, to each his own.
Both specs are heavy rng for sure. Arms had a very predictable dps output in 4.3 and little to no rng. I never played Fury before the changes so I can't speak for it...but I've switched from arms to fury because I not a fan of arms boring playstyle in the new patch. Fury feels similar but is far more fun to play.

Also am I in the minority for loving the new executes? Love those sexy crits.
I can't speak for fury as I have yet to mess around with the 5.0 version but arms feels ok. I like the direction taste for blood is going, but I dont like the way it is right now. I think lessening the damage bonus on every stack but increasing the proc rate might make it more fun.

As for execute, I find it very frustrating when I'm at 24 rage and I cant mash the button. Overall seems fine, harder to mess up than the old version.
BT and MS are pretty much the same.

Over power is the highest damage hit up to 20% health and it only costs 5 rage to cast which is why Arms will win every time in a DSP comparison.

RB is the hardest hit for Fury but it's dependent on the enraged proc which imo is why fury will never be able to keep up with arms. Enrage just doesn't proc as much as it should to be consistent competition with arms warriors. You can go almost an entire CD of Berserker rage without seeing a single proc of enraged because the only hits that proc enrage are CS and BT. If these crit you have a 30% chance to see enraged effect proc.

This is why Fury will not ever be as reliable as arms. Until they normalize hit to 7.5% fury will always be forced to lower crit for as much hit as possible do you are damned if you do and damned if you don't do the "hit/crit split". Arms never has to worry about what to reforge into, there is only crit that's it. After 7.5% hit 7.5% exp it's all crit fury has to juggle hit/crit.

Wild strike is a joke imo, the only reason anyone should ever hit WS is to keep from capping rage because the damage ratio sucks compared to storing up rage for when enraged procs and you get RB unless you dumb enough to be using WS and rage starve yourself. Even when it procs you won't want to use it unless you are near rage cap.
um, you need to sped more time with fury, moregear= more enrage uptime. for this patch it appears fury will get exponentially beter with gear while arms will be a more steady progression.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. They're the same spec. You guys are saying one does more damage than the other or that with gear enrage will have higher uptime. That doesn't change how the class plays. In fact, more enrage procs will bring the playing of fury even closer to arms. Everyone playing a warrior right now, switch specs and go into a BG or 5man whatever you like. Tell me if there is any difference in how your play your warrior, if you do anything different. The only difference I can see from playing both specs in BG's is that arms has to watch for taste procs and fury bloodsurge procs., that's it.
I agree, I have never played fury but considering it now. I feel like Arms has turned to the same garbage style so why not just go fury @90 depending on what does more dmg.

Fury ave 301.2 dps
Prot ave 411.0 dps

Not to mention you take more damage in Fury cause you taking longer to kill things.

Now Prot has best of both worlds. Insta Queue dungeons and fastest leveling for questing

leveling this guy as arms, dont know what youre doing but I dont have heirlooms and for me most of the time its just charge, MS, Slam, Overpower and maybe a HS
Your not taking crazy pills. But with warriors having felt like like punching bags for devs, they are just happy that our playstyle is now the same as rets. Hell, scroll threw the Warrior forumsand look at all the execute posts... they dont care how the class plays anymore as long as they see the pretty numbers.

Over power is the highest damage hit up to 20% health and it only costs 5 rage to cast which is why Arms will win every time in a DSP comparison.

RB is the hardest hit for Fury but it's dependent on the enraged proc which imo is why fury will never be able to keep up with arms. Enrage just doesn't proc as much as it should to be consistent competition with arms warriors. You can go almost an entire CD of Berserker rage without seeing a single proc of enraged because the only hits that proc enrage are CS and BT. If these crit you have a 30% chance to see enraged effect proc.

This is why Fury will not ever be as reliable as arms. Until they normalize hit to 7.5% fury will always be forced to lower crit for as much hit as possible do you are damned if you do and damned if you don't do the "hit/crit split". Arms never has to worry about what to reforge into, there is only crit that's it. After 7.5% hit 7.5% exp it's all crit fury has to juggle hit/crit.

Wild strike is a joke imo, the only reason anyone should ever hit WS is to keep from capping rage because the damage ratio sucks compared to storing up rage for when enraged procs and you get RB unless you dumb enough to be using WS and rage starve yourself. Even when it procs you won't want to use it unless you are near rage cap.

Just about everything you posted is wrong. Fury does not have to juggle hit and crit. 7.5% hit and exp is all we need, any more hit than that is strictly bonus. Fury warriors reforge into Crit just like Arms does, and Fury's crit scaling takes a huge dump on Arm's. Matter of fact, Fury is currently simming much better than Arms in Tier 14 gear.

RB only cost 10 rage, you don't really need to pool for it. And when Bloodsurge procs YOU SHOULD be priortizing WS over anything except BT and CS.

You only need 3% hit now as fury.
nice forum. I'll give fury a try since they both have the same play style makes it easier to learn.
ty for info OP

Except Fury doesn't juggle hit/crit.

Fury ave 301.2 dps
Prot ave 411.0 dps

leveling this guy as arms, dont know what youre doing but I dont have heirlooms and for me most of the time its just charge, MS, Slam, Overpower and maybe a HS

Have all heirloom and dinged 85 2 days ago.

Prot just deal so dam close to arms and fury DPS while leveling in WotLK and cata but prot can take on 4-5 cata mob at once and end the fight at full HP.

Dam doing quest group as prot I usualy end top DPS.
Fury and arms are quite different when you aren't killing something in under 20 seconds.

But really, victory rush + main attack + follow up attack = dead mob for most of the game, so you aren't going to get much of a "feel" for anything.