What do you think is under Tirisfal?

Story Forum
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
09/10/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Maleratha
This is amazing. Blizzard needs to capitalize on this. The next expansion needs to mix this (Whatever is under tirisfal), the burning legion returning, Queen Azshara and the Naga, Extensive highborne lore, and the new lich king into the next expansion.

AND DRAGONS!

Sorry had to...

Wowcrendor FTW!
What's the deal with sargeras? Maybe he's imprisoned down there, but I don't know all his lore.
09/16/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Senorbob
What's the deal with sargeras? Maybe he's imprisoned down there, but I don't know all his lore.

Pretty sure Medivh(with Kadghar's help) whooped Sargeras's flaming !@#.

Personally, I think it's a Xel'Naga artifact.
09/16/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Senorbob

The timeline doesn't really work for that. The exiled Highbourne (who would later become High Elves) first discovered something was wrong with western Tirisfal a little less then 10,000 years ago. Seregeras on the other hand was accounted for as late as WC1.

Personally, I think it's a Xel'Naga artifact.

This isn't a matter of a crime drama set in one city crossing over with a crime drama set in a different city, we are dealing with two universes that are incompatible at a fundamental level. Everything from the origin of humanity to the laws of physics are different between Warcraft and Starcraft.

Considering this, I would be astounded if we were to ever have a canon crossover between the two franchises.
09/17/2012 04:01 AMPosted by Frøg

Sargeras infected Medivh when he was in Aegwynn's womb. Aegwynn killed Sargeras's avatar. Sargeras's only match on Azeroth would be against the combined forces of the Old Gods or the one thing who can kill anything. Saurfang.
I believe its an old old wooden ship...
Apology for poor english.

where were u when tyr lose hand?

i was in lordaeron when pantheon call

"tyr is fall"

"no"

and you?

Tirisfal.

On a more serious note, we have to realise that the Titans are not benevolent towards us, as shown by much of Algalon the Observer's dialogue.

See your world through my eyes, a universe so massive as to be incomprehensible, even to your greatest minds.

incomprehensible, even to your greatest minds

Algalon is a lowly messenger, a fraction of the Titans' true power.

What if Tyr's consciousness was just being projected to the Highborne, uncorrupt, but weakened, unable to escape, (or dead and conscious like Old Gods are) and touching the minds of people, who are suddenly filled with the knowledge of the entire universe, practically giving them a million seizures for a brief nanosecond.
Tirisfal is where Blizzard is hiding Me'dan, his mere presence is enough to kill brain cells by the millions...
Blizzard has been stashing Twinkies under Tirisfal, because they knew Hostess was going to go out of business. Someday soon they'll dig them up and sell them and they'll be rich, I tell ya. Rich!
11/17/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Lilfeathers
Blizzard has been stashing Twinkies under Tirisfal, because they knew Hostess was going to go out of business. Someday soon they'll dig them up and sell them and they'll be rich, I tell ya. Rich!

Which brings up another question entirely: do Twinkies last forever?
I think it's either the Gates of Hell or something in the Emerald Dream that the Titan's left unfinished.

Twinkies never die...

A nine month Necro, for this?
I'm going to say its something involving a bug kingdom. There aren't any we know of on the Eastern Kingdoms.

Twinkies never die...

A nine month Necro, for this?

This made me laugh hard.
Nothing... Yet.

Edit:

Damn it's a necro >.<
Despite the necro, it's probably relevant to point out that in his latest interview, Dave Kosak basically confirmed that Tirisfal is deliberately ambiguous because they don't even know what's there yet.

"This is the dirty secret: sometimes there are just hooks that are there that we can do something with later if we have a really good idea for it, and I would say Tirisfal is one of those things where there's potential for explanations for that, and we haven't said what they are yet because maybe we wanna do something with that at some point. If we do, we can totally claim it if we wanna do something really awesome gameplay-wise with it. But until then, there's no point in answering it because that might back us into a corner, because what if we want to do something really cool there, but oh we can't because we already said X. So there's a hook there for potentially awesome things, but in the case of Tirisfal there isn't a definitive answer."
My theory is Tyr.

No one said the whispers had to be malicious. It could be that Tyr is trapped, perhaps even begging to be set free.

Imagine hearing the whispers of someone in constant pain, practically begging for release. Yeah, could probably drive many people insane.

Granted, it could be that "Fallen Titan" rather than Tyr.
I would say it's some sort of Deomon, maybe this could lead to a Nathraziem patch in the Burning Legion expansion when it comes out "Under The Undercity" would be it's best name. and if there is a raid/scenario for it, make Varimathras the final boss, that would be PERFECT
The Alliance's story content, Alleria and Turalyon and Draenei lore.