Beast Cleave

Hunter
So had a quick question and comment about this. As a long time BM hunter, I am finally glad we were given a bonus of our to multi shot. MM has Concussive Barrage, and SV has Serpent Spread and now we finally get beast cleave. One thing that bugs me though is that beast cleave is constantly refreshed whenever multishot is used. This is fine for Serpent Spread and Concussive barrage, but I can never tell if my pet is getting beast cleaves full effect or not. SO my basically my question is is the pet still getting the full effect or not.

If it is then beast cleave will be good to go. If not I do have a suggestion on that: Give beast cleave an internal 6 second cooldown (the length of beast cleave's duration). This way, BM hunters will know that their pet is getting the ability's full effect and applying every other multi shot as opposed to every multi shot.

The suggestion isn't as important as wanting to understand the ability itself though.
Noooooooo.

You can generate enough focus to constantly keep Beast Cleave up -- and in an AoE situation (the only situation worth using Multi-Shot/Beast Cleave in), this is exactly what you should do, foregoing doing anything other than Cobra Shot and Multi-Shot.
Noooooooo.

You can generate enough focus to constantly keep Beast Cleave up -- and in an AoE situation (the only situation worth using Multi-Shot/Beast Cleave in), this is exactly what you should do, foregoing doing anything other than Cobra Shot and Multi-Shot.

At what point in my post did I mention focus regen?

All I'm asking is even though beast cleave is refreshed with every multi shot is if the pet is still getting the full effect.
I have no idea what you mean. Beast Cleave is applied or refreshed every time you Multi-Shot. You can have 100% uptime on Beast Cleave if you Multi-Shot at least once every four seconds (not too hard).

I have no idea what you mean by "full effect", given that you already seemed to understand that it's refreshed when you Multi-Shot.
like if I spam multi-shot does the beast cleave effect get clipped like when a lock re-applies a DoT too soon
Holy hell... Read the spell. It does exactly what it says, there is nothing to clip!
It's not complicated, you cast multi shot, the pet gets beast cleave, if you cast multi shot again, at any point at all whether the pet has the buff still up or not, he gets a new beast cleave at the full duration.
09/03/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Stalkings
Holy hell... Read the spell. It does exactly what it says, there is nothing to clip!

A simple "it does not clip would've done just fine" there was no need to be snooty about it.