Where are the Polearms??

General Discussion
Polearms are some of the most beautiful looking weapons in WoW. Four classes are able to use them. So why are they only tailored to hunters? Are they ever going to put high level melee dps polearms back in the game? I know the Monk class will be able to use them, but they'll probably have agility as a stat on them. Ret pallies and warriors are getting the short end of the proverbial stick in this area. Now that transmogging has been around for a while, I have found some great looking polearms that I would like to add to some armor sets. With MoP right around the corner, I think it would be awesome if some strength and stamina polearms made their way into the game!
Hunters do not use polearms anymore as of Patch 5.0.4. They are for monks and druids, now.
09/04/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Khasim
So why are they only tailored to hunters?

Feral druid / guardian druid and the equivilant monk specs use agility polearms.

They won't add loot table bloat as you already have 3 weapon choices already.
Are you kidding me? There's barely a handful of polearm models and many of them...don't look to good. Some look awesome, but I dunno that they really warrant a lot of praise. Blizz could stand to beef up the polearm selection, y'know 'm sayin'?
09/04/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Faroth
Blizz could stand to beef up the polearm selection, y'know 'm sayin'?

They need to work on their bow, x-bow, and gun models now that us hunters gt to wear them on our backs. The low level stuff is a bit visually disappointing.
09/04/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Qamaits
They need to work on their bow, x-bow, and gun models now that us hunters gt to wear them on our backs. The low level stuff is a bit visually disappointing

Most low level stuff is visually disappointing...that's what drives you to level up and get the more awesome looking gear.

Also, Strength polearms please. If warriors and paladins and death knights can wield them, there should be at least a handful of viable strength options at or at least nearly at endgame.
It's a shame that a spear's primary purpose now is to help you dodge things.
I'd be okay if this... If I could dual wield them.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with what's there.
My point is that they should add to the loot table to tailor to those classes that do not get to benefit from all the weapons their classes are allowed to use.