Character drop down menu not working

Website Bug Report
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
my issue still shows very very old chracters that i deleted 8 months ago
I'm having issues with this as well. I'm clicking the arrow on the navigation bar at the top (Home, Game Guide, Community, Media, etc). It shows my list of characters as usual, but clicking one doesn't activate that one. When I first noticed the problem it was switching, but to a random character (I'd click my warlock and get my rogue, or whatever). After a few attempts at making it work, it started refusing to change my posting character at all - no matter what I do, Doraene is still shown at the top, and any post I make will show Doraene. It does however, change which character's auctions I'm looking at. It doesn't bring up the auctions I *want* to see (still giving me random toons), but it does show people other than Doraene (while still posting as Dora). I'm using IE9.
Upper right hand corner, on the downward arrow.
No.
I see an error that says TypeError: Toggle.open is not a function.
Timestamp: 9/10/2012 9:05:24 PM
Error: TypeError: Toggle.open is not a function
Source File: http://us.battle.net/wow/static/local-common/js/core.js?v42
Line: 1942

Firefox 15.0.1

Nforcer: Thank you, this helps a lot. I did a fair amount of research and many test cases and I think this is caused by a Firefox add-on.

In the past we've seen add-ons that will affect the JavaScript on our site. Unfortunately without looking directly at your computer it will be hard to determine which add-on is causing the issue.

I suggest disabling all your Firefox extensions and Plugins (I know that will be inconvenient, I wish I had a better answer) then clearing your cache and cookies. If that fixes the issue, then enable them one-by-one until you get the error again. If you are able to identify which add-on causes the error, we can work with that add-on developer to get the issue fixed.

Please let me reemphasize that I know this is not ideal, but we really want to help resolve this issue for you.
Ah thank you! And I found the problem. It is on a extension called StartNow Toolbar 2.5.0
09/11/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Nforcer
Ah thank you! And I found the problem. It is on a extension called StartNow Toolbar 2.5.0

You sir, are awesome! We will add that to our list of usual suspects so that we can assist other users that might have this same problem.

Also, it looks like the StartNow Toolbar is actually considered spyware and we recommend you remove it entirely instead of only disabling it.
Consider it done, weird that it came as an option from downloading the newest version of Firefox.
what about old chracters that been deleted months ago still showing up ?
I'm not sure if this will count as me reviving an old thread or w/e. but I'm having this issue on Google Chrome, I click the v next to the character name and nothing. I've tried it in the upper right-hand corner and when I post.
10/26/2012 01:58 AMPosted by Probable
I'm not sure if this will count as me reviving an old thread or w/e. but I'm having this issue on Google Chrome, I click the v next to the character name and nothing. I've tried it in the upper right-hand corner and when I post.

Try removing any toolbars that are installed into that browser.

My friend had this exact issue as posted by OP, as stated in the thread. She had like 10 toolbars installed. I removed all of them; she doesn't use them anyway.

Magically, the battle.net site worked again.
Okay, same issue, but I can't even quote people on forums or mouseover threads to see the first few lines. I don't have any extension called Startnow Toolbar. I'm on Firefox.

Here are pics of my extensions and plugins if it helps.

http://imgur.com/1TX3V

http://imgur.com/xdVvA
Weird, it works in Private Browsing on Firefox but not normal browsing.
Necro, but I am currently having this issue on chrome.
02/12/2014 09:31 PMPosted by Tørst
Necro, but I am currently having this issue on chrome.

Same, and I'm on Firefox.
I have this issue as well. Firefox 22 on Ubuntu and Firefox 26 on Windows 7.
I am still having this issue on Google Chrome Version 32.0.1700.107 m. I cannot click on the drop down button, instead it takes me directly to my character page.

The "v" arrow doesn't even highlight yellow anymore upon hovering over name/arrow.

No addons btw.
Not working in Google Chrome.
i am using firefox 27.0 with developer tools.

i am seeing several css errors and one js error

the java script error i am seeing is "Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. third-party.js:3255"

when i hover over the upper character box i get no activity out of the console on a hover over but if i go down to the quick reply it "gets" the tooltip, my avatar, and an icon background or something.

i dont have any addons and have disabled two questionable plugins that i will un-install at a later date.

the upper right box is still not working for me at armory or here on the forums but the quick reply dropdown still works.

its just a pain in the butt to have to come here every time i want to change a character in armory to inspect it.

:edit:
upon further inspection and clicking the error referred to line 3255 of said script
"src.getPreventDefault && src.getPreventDefault() ) ? returnTrue : returnFalse;"
line 3254 had the suggested useage and appeared to be part of this line.

hope this info helps.
yea, google chrome, here too, things I have tried are, Removing Ad/pop-up blocker style add-ons, site advisers and the gmail checker, the ui context is showing as active/working when I inspect the elements of the character bar, but there is no "button" of any sort from what I can see
side not to anyone that finds this, you can use the dropdown beside your character name that is beside the text box you use to post a message to the forum to change to a different character ect.