CRZ Feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 546 Next
h. Skill spam entering every zone in northrend. [old school weapon skill and language skill] (Thank you Banard)

For me it's not just northrend. I also get this every time I come in and out of zones in any continent/area
Bugs: Dismounting and falling to your death.

Happened to me the other day. Yeah, it's a minor thing and it doesn't happen every time you switch zones, but it's annoying.
This is great, everyone. Hopefully this will be seen and we can get our own feedback!

Remember, hit "Request Sticky" so this is not overlooked!
Pve servers getting mixed with pvp servers.
These are exactly the problems my wife an I are having. Ending up on PvP servers, horrible lags when changing zones, and the worst if the passenger mounts. We often do stuff together, and we'll use a passenger mount to get where we're going since I'm a pally. Now my wife gets thrown off to the wolves whenever we cross a zone.

The server types should be separated; only PvP servers merged, only PvE merged together, only RP servers merged. Otherwise what's the point of having the different types? Now there is the chance I'll get into a PvP server and a situation I am unprepared for having to be constantly on the watch for being ganked, or on a RP server ruining the roleplaying.

The time changes are a pain too. What sever time is it? Somehow midnight and dark in Hyjal when in SW and local it's noon and sunny.

When this was announced at BlizzCon I had a different idea how it worked; that it would let parties made up of people from different servers to quest in a zone together, not that it would try to merge everyone together to solve a problem that didn't really exist for most servers.

It's a complete shambles as it is and needs to be disabled until these issues are fixed.
Unfortunately Jadelkor, just disabling it until the issues are fixed won't help due to, inevitably, more issues may come up in the changing of it.

If Blizzard does it slowly, with our help by constructive feedback, we can get the issues solved a lot more efficently.
So far I haven't seen what its supposed to accomplish. I just left SW where it was 9 AM to do some Loremaster quests in Westfall where it is midnight. And there is nobody in the world but me. I have been here over 45 min and haven't seen a single other person. In fact I've see 3 people from other servers - all in different zones. The world is still empty.

I've been flagged flying out of Dalaran. I can't do things in Tol Barad because even when my side wins it, we may not have it when I arrive at the server that I am sent to.

I believed (and it seems others share this) when this was announced that it was an optional thing. Play with friends and family from other servers in zones designated for cross-realm play. As it stands I am not really sure what to do. I already paid for MoP. I don't want to lose the money I put into everything. But the issues are pretty game-breaking. To me at least.
Constructive feedback:

When i hit /who allow me to see people from other servers too.

happy?

now CSZ for life!

Hey you, we are from the same server. So seeing a couple Brazilian players in various zones outweigh having all these bugs? Oh wait, you are mentioning PvP in one of your posts. Nevermind dialogue then.
09/07/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Buffybot
I believed (and it seems others share this) when this was announced that it was an optional thing. Play with friends and family from other servers in zones designated for cross-realm play. As it stands I am not really sure what to do. I already paid for MoP. I don't want to lose the money I put into everything. But the issues are pretty game-breaking. To me at least.

Buffy I wasn't sure what category yours fell under so you got your own category of Misc!
Constructive feedback:

When i hit /who allow me to see people from other servers too.

happy?

now CSZ for life!

Hey you, we are from the same server. So seeing a couple Brazilian players in various zones outweigh having all these bugs? Oh wait, you are mentioning PvP in one of your posts. Nevermind dialogue then.

Nugget, please do not try and cause any fights. Banard has actually contributed quite a bit now since his original post. I want to keep this as neutral and informative as possible.
Unfortunately Jadelkor, just disabling it until the issues are fixed won't help due to, inevitably, more issues may come up in the changing of it.

If Blizzard does it slowly, with our help by constructive feedback, we can get the issues solved a lot more efficently.

As a programmer, at this point the best solution would be to remove all the changes and slowly reintroduce them one at a time, rather then fix them slowly. There are major problems that need to be resolved before MoP is launched.

Our feedback is constructive, it is saying what the problems are. These problems seen catastrophic though, and my additional constructive feedback to Blizzard is that it needs to be introduced slowly as the individual issues are fixed.

I can live with the time changes, however the passenger mount drop problem, zone change lag, and chance of PvP server integration are game braking for my wife and I.
I was trying to find the thread where i read this but it seems to be in the middle of one of the other crz threads, there appears to be a way where raid groups are able to keep changing servers and taking avantage of stuff like the darkmoon fair rabbit.
I like CRZ. I did quests in Ashenvale last night because I'm working in the Loremaster achievement and I only saw one soul in that map *sigh*.
Thank you again Shadow, and thank you as well Nico. I put yours under Misc cause it seems more like it not working as intended rather than an actual bug.
09/07/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Nicolay
I like CRZ. I did quests in Ashenvale last night because I'm working in the Loremaster achievement and I only saw one soul in that map *sigh*.
If I may ask, what is it you like about it?
I agree with everything here. And to go along with ideas for fixing, such as keep server types together, I have an idea too.

How about if the server is low pop, CRZ it with 2 other low pops, medium with one other medium, and high/full leave out of it.

Keep tol barad and winter's grasp out of it.

Either keep server time your own server's time or CRZ only with servers of the same time (I'm sure my guild isnt the only guild that puts up raids in server time to erase time zone issues).

For the love of GOD: DO NOT CRZ PANDARIA UNTIL SEVERAL MONTHS POST RELEASE! You know as well as we know that no matter what your server's population, the Zone is going to be flooded, farming nodes almost an impossible competition, and quest fighting will make your hair fall out. If you do anything for CRZ, do not enable it for pandaria until the expansion hype has calmed down and fewer people are out in the world. I want to enjoy the new expansion, not have it be the most frustrating thing I've done. Not to mention all the bugs there will be from release stress, just add CRZ and stress it even more _-_
Sticky requested.

Most of the bugs would seem to be technical in nature, due to systems that likely weren't designed for cross-realm. I'm hoping they'll get them ironed out before MoP launches.

I would like to suggest limiting the zone sharing to realms within a similar time zone. This would resolve the day/night and immersion issues plaguing a lot of areas, and go towards solving the language issues. This would also prevent confusion with the DMF portals in Elwynn and Mulgore.

Timed events that aren't "instanced" are a little trickier. You have multiple realms each running their own version of the competition, but in the same physical space. Blizzard has already implied that they can dynamically adjust which zones are cross-realm and how many realms share each zone. Maybe turn the cross-realm zoning OFF for these zones during these events, so that each realm can run it's own event without interference or confusion caused by other realms sharing the zone. It can always be turned on again after the event is over.

As for the cross server issues with TB and WG, these would probably best be left server specific. You COULD have multiple realms sharing the same timer for WG/TB and hence keep the zone share, but then those zones would have to share the same queue for the event, which could affect queue times.

I'd also like to suggest either finding a way to dynamically increase node spawns based on the number of realms sharing a zone, or perhaps "phasing" the spawns. Each realm would have its own set of nodes in a zone that only players from that realm could see or interact with.

Rare pets/mount spawns could either be "server specifically phased" like above, or perhaps the zones that some of the ultra rares like Aeonaxx or the TLPD spawn in could be made exempt from the zone sharing.

Just my 2 cents on the subject. I'm not saying my ideas are GOOD. They're just ideas. :)
Although against CRZ personally, I think the things people have enjoyed about it should also be included in the feedback. The two that I've seen the most are:

1. Increase in world PvP.
2. Seeing other people.

Great idea consolidating the issues and whatnot in one thread, David.
Thank you for this list OP.

09/07/2012 07:58 AMPosted by David
j. Tol Barad and Wintergrasp Control Issues (Alliance and Horde controling at the same time)

Just to clarify - it's not that alliance & horde are controlling at the same time, it's that on your server it could be your faction controlling it, but then when you travel to the zone, you're on another server where the other faction is controlling it.

Also I wanted to add that a possible solution is to just make CRZ optional. That way those who love it (like those who are saying this has brought world pvp back) can still have CRZ, while those who hate it don't have to deal with CRZ.