CRZ Feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 546 Next
I was in Wintergrasp last night and it kept switching from Alliance to Horde during the battle. The courtyard was filled with npc's from both factions fighting each other.

Also I wanted to add that a possible solution is to just make CRZ optional. That way those who love it (like those who are saying this has brought world pvp back) can still have CRZ, while those who hate it don't have to deal with CRZ.

Unfortunately I don't think that's going to be a real option.... As great as it would be. Because it would be the opposite of what Blizzard is trying to achieve.

Anyone mention the quests dropping out mid-zone due to issues where you should be phasing for that point in the quests (like in Uldum) yet?
09/07/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Adimarchus
I was in Wintergrasp last night and it kept switching from Alliance to Horde during the battle. The courtyard was filled with npc's from both factions fighting each other.

Ah ok, then it seems TB and WG are having different issues.
With so many threads complaining about the issues of CRZ, it becomes difficult for the developers to see a consolidated list of why people are having issues with this new feature.

SNIP

5. MISC.
a. The feature is not as how it was explained previously and lack of communication with the implementation of it. (Thank you Buffybot)
b. Not effective/Working as intended (Thank you Nicolay)

** - Denotes minor issues that just come with having more people around and is not just caused by CRZ. However it is still an inconvienence

IF YOU FIND THIS AT ALL USEFUL AND CONSTRUCTIVE, PLEASE HIT THE "REQUEST STICKY" BUTTON AT THE TOP!

This. ^ This, this, this, this, this.

Blizzard, CRZ is a major, major failure. Get rid of it!!!
09/07/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Adimarchus

While that HAS to be frustrating, it's got to be hilarious to watch.
I'm updating the list as fast as I can. It now includes helpful suggestions and positives to CZR!

Thank you everyone!
CRZ has to be one of the most poorly thought out, poorly bug tested "features" to ever be shoved on live before it's ready. I feel like i'm playing MoP beta, but without the actual MoP. :(

Edit: You can add to the list that it waters down the sense of community a server has.
09/07/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Ofcorpseican
CRZ has to be one of the most poorly thought out, poorly bug tested "features" to ever be shoved on live before it's ready. I feel like i'm playing MoP beta, but without the actual MoP. :(

I rewrote yours slightly and added it under MISC.
09/07/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Kiraleen
I suspect CRZ may be causing low FPS rates. Didn't have any issues with my frame rate until Ravenholdt was enabled for CRZ last weekend.

Are you sure it's your frame rate, or your latency?

My frames have stayed up at or over 60, but the lag, hold mother of god the lag!
Actually I was having the FPS issues as well.

No lag but instead of my normal 65 fps I dropped to below 40 fps in the same areas since the patch.
I hate it for all the reasons already stated.

IT TURNED THE ENTIRE GAME INTO LFR every time I step out of Stormwind.

The sense of community is a huge part of the appeal of the game for me and I feel like thats gone. When I am out and about I don't see people I know anymore because I'm on another server all the time.

I want an opt out option.
Scytheblade, I added yours but I had to put the ** next to it as that is something that can be an issue with high population servers regardless.
09/07/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Shadowshadë
Pve servers getting mixed with pvp servers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Blizzard has stated that this should not happen.
09/07/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Leeton
Pve servers getting mixed with pvp servers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Blizzard has stated that this should not happen.

They have, which is why I listed it under bugs. Just because its already a known issue doesn't make it any less of one.
Cross over servers are fine! And they are HERE TO STAY.

Its one of the best things that have happened to this game so far.

There are just some issues that need to be addressed, like time zone issues for example (easily fixed by grouping servers in the same time zone for example) But Cross over servers will not be removed, despite how many people want them to. If Blizzard removes them, that would be the first time in history they would remove a MAJOR mechanic of a game, that is supposed to bring what was originally intended in the flavour of the game it is, and bring back COMMUNITY, CONFLICT, COMPETITION, INTERACTION GOOD AND BAD. Sooooo many people complained about LFR and Auto Heroics etc, that it reduced world pvp and community on servers. Well, this is a solution to that, but people complain about it to.

People have forgotten what WoW is really about.

2. "Community" not really a community
a. Griefing
b. Inability to Report (Ignore and Report features not working for other server players due to "This Player does not exist" messages"
c. Harassment (There are reasons why people paid for server transfers)
d. General / Trade Chat spam (Normal for any server but an issue when you have the normal of 2-3 servers combining into one)
e. Low Population servers enjoying Low population community and vice versa for High Population servers.

I find the list of people complaining about griefing , being attacked, ganked etc etc very funny. What you have listed is INDEED COMMUNITY, especially in a war between two factions. Theres a reason why its called World of WARcraft. With the exception of:

D. This is probably a bug, and bugs will be addressed.
E. well, they will try to achieve a happy Medium

When WoW began, there was a lot of competition, griefing, ganking, you name it. Its what this game is about. Faction vs Faction. Fighting over resources as well. If your competing with the same faction over resources, again, thats part of the game. If ones server was at a good level of population, then there is always competition.

People just want the easiest route, which most have gotten used to. People are used to obtaining tons and tons of resources and materials, when it really wasnt supposed to be that way.

I find it ironic, that the OP creates a list, but its all negatives, and not aded a list of the positives, where there are plenty, then asks for a sticky. Its a nice tactic, to feed off the angry loud masses. Then the OP comes and argues with people on here, when they post its a good thing, and shuts down people who like it and think its okay.

Cross Over Servers are here to stay. Im pretty sure of that. they will just make adjustments to help with time zone issues, over population issues, etc etc.

But the griefing (some people really dont know what this is, and make the accusation anyway. for example "he got to my resource node first!! He did that on purpose, hes griefing! waah!! - In reality, it is very very difficult to "grief" in this game) , ganking, being attacked, competition, adding some "life" into the zones with other players is completely normal, and will continue to stay.

So, there is a difference between legitamate BUGS and NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS, vs the actual "I dont like this, cause its my own opinion, and I dont like being attacked or I dont like it when others are taking my resources, that are MINE MINE MINE, and ONLY MINE WAAH WAHH WAHH."

Perhaps what the OP really needs to do, is just list the BUGS and NEEDED ADJUSMENTS, to truly stay neutral. They are not going to remove cross over realms, and im inclined to believe the OP wants them removed, thus the lack of positives in the list.
/signed