CRZ Feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 546 Next
My beefs with CRZ:

1) Bugalicious. I hate being dismounted/lagging between zones. Phasing is so whack, it's not just whack - it's wiggity whack.

2) Rare spawns. Lots more competition, lots more people wearing hats made of butts. Griefing's gone up an awful lot. :/

3) Nodes. Leveling professions is pretty easy, especially on a medium to low pop server. Or it -was-, but now it's pretty tough and that's really frustrating towards the end of an expansion. And most of it isn't going to my server's AH, so the economy's not benefiting much.

Why do I need a sense of population when most of the content is soloable and I can LFD/R if I wish for group play? Or even PvP? Some of us are actually happy with or okay with medium and low pop servers. I promise.
09/07/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Vignarus
Unfortunately what everyone is saying on this thread is correct. The impact on the economy is brutal and small servers are going to suffer due to these changes. Most people who choose to create a character on a Low pop server want to play wow peacefully and not be bothered by PVP crazed lunatics and players trying to steal their nods/quest mobs.

To be honest, I dont think this game was ever meant to have "low populated" servers.

Also, in time, the economy will normalize itself. It just got a "shock" to it with this new system, and Blizzard im sure is monitoring it closely, and probably already has something ready to address it, but going thru tests as we speak.
09/07/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Elindil
Unfortunately what everyone is saying on this thread is correct. The impact on the economy is brutal and small servers are going to suffer due to these changes. Most people who choose to create a character on a Low pop server want to play wow peacefully and not be bothered by PVP crazed lunatics and players trying to steal their nods/quest mobs.

To be honest, I dont think this game was ever meant to have "low populated" servers.

Also, in time, the economy will normalize itself. It just got a "shock" to it with this new system, and Blizzard im sure is monitoring it closely, and probably already has something ready to address it, but going thru tests as we speak.

The economy can't normalise if there is only demand and extremely little supply. People can't level up if resources aren't available or way, way out of the price range.
09/07/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Raiil

The economy can't normalise if there is only demand and extremely little supply. People can't level up if resources aren't available or way, way out of the price range.

It seems like they are pushing against having crafting alts in this expansion. The BoP Spirit of Harmony debate is a good example. It seems they don't want people sitting in town buy up mats and crafting items. The idea that people have to be out farming and not relying on cheap AH mats for crafting could be viewed as a positive for the devs.
09/07/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Murmurs
It seems like they are pushing against having crafting alts in this expansion. The BoP Spirit of Harmony debate is a good example. It seems they don't want people sitting in town buy up mats and crafting items. The idea that people have to be out farming and not relying on cheap AH mats for crafting could be viewed as a positive for the devs.

That's fine for MoP (debatable), but this still messes up low level crafting. "Why isn't there any herbs on the AH?" "Cause most of our herbs are now going to other servers, and the people who can get herbs are driving the prices up cause it's a pain to get now."
09/07/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Turtoth

That's fine for MoP (debatable), but this still messes up low level crafting. "Why isn't there any herbs on the AH?" "Cause most of our herbs are now going to other servers, and the people who can get herbs are driving the prices up cause it's a pain to get now."

Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on this point. Just playing devil's advocate and throwing the idea/PoV out there. It's something that seems intentional and needs to be discussed. Best to bring up any issues now as this thread is very likely to get dev attention due to the OP's diligence and format.
The new glyph of Charm animal... the charmed animal will not cross CRZ zones. It used to only be portal transitions.. but now you can't keep them between zones.
09/07/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Murmurs
Yeah, I'm pretty neutral on this point. Just playing devil's advocate and throwing the idea/PoV out there. It's something that seems intentional and needs to be discussed. Best to bring up any issues now as this thread is very likely to get dev attention due to the OP's diligence and format.

Agree with that...actually that reminds me, David, I haven't thanked you for this thread. Your OP is well made, you keep it up very well, and keep everything very clear.
well i would like it if blizz would put in a option to turn it on or off but the way it is now i dont like it because i tried to level my warrior on a CRZ & it took me 3 1/2 hours to get level 20 & before CRZ i could have been level 20+ from questing in the same amount of time so i see this as when MoP hits it will be worse to level a toon on CRZ imo
09/07/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Murmurs

Good point, which does make sense. This in itself will normailze gold intake, thus reducing prices in the end, sicne people wont have as much gold to spend.

More gold in circulation = inflation.
I'm not really doing anything Turtoth. Everyone else is coming up with the stuff, I'm just making it easier to read.
Suggestion, if they are going to keep this... allow joining guilds on other servers which transfers your toon to the guilds server... for free. It would be a fair compromise, we see them, now we can join them.
09/07/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Turtoth

Sounds like how it used to be when WoW began. Perhaps that is their intention, to bring it back like it used to be.
09/07/2012 11:38 AMPosted by David
I'm not really doing anything Turtoth. Everyone else is coming up with the stuff, I'm just making it easier to read.

That does a lot more than you think. When I made my first post I was just about to make a new topic for it, expect a little activity, then it fall off. Now I KNOW my issue will be seen by the devs.
09/07/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Kurston
Suggestion, if they are going to keep this... allow joining guilds on other servers which transfers your toon to the guilds server... for free. It would be a fair compromise, we see them, now we can join them.

Thats an excellent idea and thus has been added to the main post.
The main things I have seen are:

1. Rare spawns (Arcturis) disappeared on me. Nobody camping him, NPS scan did not go off for him but did for another rare spawn in Grizzly Hills area, but I saw him walking the hill when flying in on the FP. Land and hop over the edge to find him not there. Not enough time to tame by someone else or to kill and skin. Literally 2 seconds from time he left my sight to when I hopped the wall. You may say sour g@!@%s but to be honest it happened on another Rare spawn that I targeted and landed and it just disappeared as well (also in Northrend but not a pet). Seems there may just be some kind of bug in the system where some rares are acting like they are in a phased area...like those herb nodes in early Cata that would show and disappear.

2. TB is hit or miss....I check which faction has it in Org and then port out only to find the other faction is in control. Both factions report they have won TB (in vent with people on other faction while they level) and then when I port out it is still being fought over. Seems they should remove those World PvP areas from CRZ.

3. Skills reset are annoying as we cross zones.

4. I like seeing more people in the world and have not found it overcrowded. As I do not camp rare spawns I have not run into this being a problem.

I am probably more for CRZ as I think it does help to have more poeple in the zones while leveling for new or alts. But with the bugs (PVE in PVP) it makes it difficult and I know for a fact if my wife or daughter ever get flagged outside of a BG they will freak and log-off. PVE is there for a reason. I also do not want to ruin someones day if they are role-playing and I whisper them a "sup-dude". I do not RP for a reason and I am sure they don't Mr. Vanilla (plain Jane not referring to WoW at release) player ruining their sense of fun.

Would be nice to get a Blue response to this as I am still not Locked in on MoP having not pre-purchased it. I know my wife is now on the fence due to some of the changes and the bugs in CRZ are not helping me make the case for her to continue playing. I hope they Iron them out or at least give us a "we are working on it" response so I can point to it and say see...they have it under control.
Does anyone w/ a technical background know just how feasible it would be to make CRZ optional? I just want to know how realistic of a wish it is, or if it would be too difficult/costly to implement. It seems like the best solution atm.
09/07/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Turtoth

That does a lot more than you think. When I made my first post I was just about to make a new topic for it, expect a little activity, then it fall off. Now I KNOW my issue will be seen by the devs.

Thank you Turtoth, its good to know that some people feel like I'm helping. Besides, who doesn't like free hugs?