Leveling a healing monk.

General Discussion
So i want my monk to be a healer but will it be difficult to level? Like do mistweavers have enough offensive abilitys to be able to put out enough dps to quest fluently and without much downtime?

All help is appreciated.
So i want my monk to be a healer but will it be difficult to level? Like do mistweavers have enough offensive abilitys to be able to put out enough dps to quest fluently and without much downtime?

All help is appreciated.

Healers are currently the top DPS class in the game, so if monks are anything like priests, no... it won't be difficult at all. It'd be silly easy, like you found the godmode cheat.
09/09/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Dspite
Healers are currently the top DPS class in the game, so if monks are anything like priests, no... it won't be difficult at all. It'd be silly easy, like you found the godmode cheat.

As if levelling wasn't easy enough. -_-

It'll be boring, more likely than not.
Monk healers were designed to be a bit of DPS/healing mixed, so I am sure you won't have too much of an issue leveling up as a healer.

But this is coming from someone who leveled as holy every expansion except Cataclysm, so take that with a grain of salt. :P
Youll be able to heal while dpsing so long as incoming damag isn't very high, so no i dont suspect it will be difficult to level.
Last I played you either get in close if you want. Your AOE kick healing. Making orbs so people heal. And your little beam healy spell.

If you're away from the party at range. It's beam mixed with a healing dragon statue by the party. I think it worked similar to a light well.

I miss when that beam heal was bugged and OP. You were the arcane mage of healing. Just push 2 and no one dies.
09/09/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Raziya
But this is coming from someone who leveled as holy every expansion except Cataclysm, so take that with a grain of salt. :P

Masochist. Like me. -_-

I had forgotten about the healing from damage done; been some time since I played my monk on the beta.
09/09/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Gerart

It'll be boring, more likely than not.

True - although I'm assuming anyone who's played recently is familiar with how boring leveling is in this game. Although for all the talk, leveling wasn't exceptionally easy after vanilla, even if it still took a lot more time than presently. It was just a lot more grindy in my experience. I'd say there's something wrong with leveling in this game in general - the pacing and all has been screwed up by too many expansions doing too much for end-game, but what can you do?
thanks everyone for the input ill be doing some dungeons as i go through, ive only dabbed into healing and monk healing seems different and interesting im gonna level one for sure.
Show me a Worldoflogs actual log where a healer is the top DPS. Really, I'd love to see that.
09/09/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Raziya
Monk healers were designed to be a bit of DPS/healing mixed, so I am sure you won't have too much of an issue leveling up as a healer.

Sort of, lemme touch up on this for you!

Monks, just like every other healer, have a way to put out some sort of damage. The good think about Mistweaver though is that your damage translates into healing (Thanks to Eminence and your handy-dandy statue).

I don't think Mistweavers are going to be doing any more/less damage than any other healer, so it's difficult to say whether if they will be more effective at it...But the general consensus is more or less this when it comes to leveling as a healer:

Masochist. Like me. -_-