The Lost Bladesman
Bodyguards and Assassins
Flash Point
Once Upon A Time In China
Iron Monkey
The Warlords
Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon

09/09/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Kaioon
Watch any movie with Sammo Hung, the man they used to call the Kung Fu Panda. He can move like no fat man before or since, great martial artists.

I've always said that Chen is really Sammo Hung in a panda costume. :D
Ip Man was so awesome. But I find the ending a little anticlimactic. Ip Man just walks in, roflstomps the Japanese general and leaves.
09/09/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Mogrigg
Real martial artists can't turn super saiyan, blow up planets, and shoot energy blasts at people.

Tell that to my ten-year-old self!
i don't know if this has been said yet but.......TI KWAN LEEP!
boot to the head.
Tell me you haven't watched Kung Pow!?
I implore you to reconsider.
There are a ton of martial arts movies out there, and one I watched recently which was good for a laugh with some friends was “The Last Dragon.”

But if you’re into more critically-acclaimed films, consider checking-out some of the following (in no particular order):

“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”
“The Forbidden Kingdom”
“Enter the Dragon”
“Kung Fu Hustle”
“Dragon Forever”
“Fearless”
“Fist of Legend”
“House of Flying Daggers”
“Hero”
“The Way of the Dragon”

Also, this thread is more suited to the Movies, TV, and Entertainment Forum, so I’m moving it there. :)
There are a ton of martial arts movies out there, and one I watched recently which was good for a laugh with some friends was “The Last Dragon.”

But if you’re into more critically-acclaimed films, consider checking-out some of the following (in no particular order):

“The Forbidden Kingdom”
“Enter the Dragon”
“Kung Fu Hustle”
“Dragon Forever”
“Fearless”
“Fist of Legend”
“Hero”
“The Way of the Dragon”

Also, this thread is more suited to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2721886/"]Movies, TV, and Entertainment Forum[/url], so I’m moving it there. :)
Kung Fu hustle, great martial arts movie, even greater comedy, one of my favorite movies ever.
Goemon was pretty good too, Beautiful movie visually.
For me, Martial Arts movies requires a great story and/or amazing action scenes. If it has a !@#$ty story and just "decent" action scenes, it's not worth watching for me.

Ones I loved :
Ip Man (Good story, impressive action scenes - sometimes unrealistic)
Ip Man 2 (Good story, impressive action scenes - sometimes unrealistic)
The Raid : Redemption (Bad story, very impressive action scenes - the only thing really unrealistic is the stamina of these fighters)
Fearless (Great story, impressive action scenes - often unrealistic)
09/09/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Rulo
Kung Pow

This movie should be recommended at least twice every page I decided.
You need to watch The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, AKA Shaolin Master Killer. Along with being the Kung Fu film that directly inspired the Wu Tang Clan, it's one of the finest martial arts movies ever and one of the Shaw Brothers' best.

There will never be kung fu like 1970's kung fu.
Yeah, "Way of the Dragon" has to be my all time favorite.

RIP Mr. Norris.
Yeah, "Way of the Dragon" has to be my all time favorite.

RIP Mr. Norris.
All that chest hair!
While not a movie, the TV series "Kung FU" is quite good, though more for the story than the acting or fighting.

The Buddhist Fist: again for the story, but there are great fight scenes.

And finally, though not a Kung Fu movie, The Seven Samurai (watch the original 1954 film)

“The Forbidden Kingdom”
“Enter the Dragon”
“Kung Fu Hustle”
“Dragon Forever”
“Fearless”
“Fist of Legend”
“Hero”
“The Way of the Dragon”

Also, this thread is more suited to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2721886/"]Movies, TV, and Entertainment Forum[/url], so I’m moving it there. :)
Kung Fu hustle, great martial arts movie, even greater comedy, one of my favorite movies ever.
Agreed.
Kung Fu Hustle <-- simply must watch. Go get Shaolin Soccer after that.

Once Upon A Time In China 1 & 2 <-- Jet Li at his prime.
I did the same this past weekend.

I watched Drunken Master, Rumble in the Bronx, and Supercop with Jackie Chan.

I also liked Ichi, though it's not quite a traditional kung fu movie, but I liked the undertones.

However, I highly recommend Shaolin with Jackie Chan in a supporting role. The final scene at the Shaolin Temple really gives you a sense of just how the Alliance and Horde will affect Pandaria with their blind war.

Give this man all the interwebz. Such an amazing movie :D