5.0 Hunter Feedback for Blizzard :)

Hunter
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
No, the last time I stepped into DS was in February, but Bullettime, Kennyloggins, Naumu, etc have been raiding on live and on the beta, and while we've dropped some from pre-5.04, their parses are showing that we are still in the top quarter to third DPS.

And while hunters aren't top of the line under "ideal" conditions, we have much better mobile DPS than other most melee and casters... so yes, we could excel against other classes on actual encounters.

If you actually bother to pay attention to the new caster talents, you would notice that they are now a lot better off in movement-heavy fights. As for melee classes, their mobility was never an issue.

On the other hand, hunters now need to cap Expertise in addition to Hit. And yes, I notice that we are at or near the top in Beta a while ago, but that was BEFORE all the nerfs came in.

I have faith in hunter's pvp with the removal of minimum range and a bunch of other stuff, but raiding? Forget about it.
Readiness needs a shorter cooldown for MM, and Master Marksman needs to proc more often.
09/19/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Cobayne
Readiness needs a shorter cooldown for MM, and Master Marksman needs to proc more often.

Lets just rework the MM spec into a spec where you have 4 buttons.
Button 1. Aimed Shot. Instantly Kills the target. No Focus Cost no cast time
Button 2. Chimera Shot. Summons a Chimera to instantly kill the target.
Button 3. Flare. Instantly kills all rogues near you.
Button 4. Fetch. Sends your pet to tbag the dead player you just killed.

they should make a minor glyph that makes trap launcher like the old one. minus the focus cost ofc.

Eff glyphs, they should just make it an option somewhere ;P
BAMP
I like the post, very professional. Now I feel survival needs to be looked at. Over all, on ultra, I have taken about a 5k dps loss since this patch hit. I'm aware that the scaling of weapons and losing our stat sticks makes the game hard to balance at non max levels. But I feel that the change to explosive shot needs to be looked at. Going from first to 4th in the breakdown of damage is really bad. ES needs to be hitting much harder. It needs to be the choice of attack over arcane shot which a lot of hunters are using over ES now a days. If there weren't so many pathing errors in BM PvE I would suck it up and go BM for MoP. Bu after watching my pet float around the sky on war master blackhorn and still take a swim on madness I don't feel confident these bugs are going to go away for current mop content. I would just like my damage to be equal with everyone else in the raid. Honestly I'm rolling this lock just in case hunters continue to be underpowered in mop because I'm not gonna hold my guild back just because I want to play my main. This is the issue I would like addressed blizzard. Thanks.
Current things that I find that haunt the Hunter class:

1. Disengage still hasn't been fixed.
2. Deterrence doesn't block all spells
3. MM has no niche & lost most of it's utility (as Tosan has said)
4. Scatter being Dodgeable
5. Nothing to bring to RBG's.

Overall I find these thing essential to the Hunter class that need to be fixed.
In one Word Hunters are now Useless.
OP, well said. I'm enjoying the buff for my spec as Surv and most of the talents. Binding shot i like, but i only really have time to use it in pve. pvp is far to fast paced and hectic to use. as bm i can use it, but its a wast of intimidation unless I'm trying to quickly take out just 1 person with a double stunn.
trap launcher is... strange. i like it in some situations, but its taken a while to get used too. now i just lay traps straight at my feet or just ahead/behind if i'm being chased. but overall I'm much more used to running up there and dropping my traps on people (lol)
Blizz, you havent balanced pvp as a whole completely (but close!), but you have done well with the hunter class. i like where its at. its not over powered or under powered. its just as good as the person playing the class is, and thats where it should be.
I hear our DPS is terrible. For me, I noticed that no matter what I do, a boss doesn't die any faster or slower. Probably because I'm contributing so little.

The focus gain shots do too little damage and overly compensates for the great burst we have.
Hunters need to have Quivers. It looks terrible with just a bow on their back! we used to have them but what happened =/
Current things that I find that haunt the Hunter class:

1. Disengage still hasn't been fixed.
2. Deterrence doesn't block all spells
3. MM has no niche & lost most of it's utility (as Tosan has said)
4. Scatter being Dodgeable
5. Nothing to bring to RBG's.

Overall I find these thing essential to the Hunter class that need to be fixed.

Yo, just wanted to add my opinions to this a bit.

1. I agree disengage should be changed to how it was before the warrior charge buff that indirectly destroyed disengage when any form of CC is in play on the hunter. There are far too many easily applied CC's that can randomly/accidentally screw a hunter's Disengage. I realize the change was made to fix warriors charges getting jumped, but surely there's a way to program it to function for just warriors charge and nothing else -_-;

2. Although this is true, I don't think it's a huge deal, I've hardly noticed. It should be fixed but low priority imo.

5. I hear BM Hunters in RBG's are pretty good atm but I am not 100% sure since I haven't done any yet, just wanted to say from what I hear Hunters are pretty useful in the sense that they do good damage and although their group utility isn't amazing, at least Frost Trap is almost Hunter exclusive again, since DK's lost Desecration! This gives us a utility buff, as big AoE slows are great in BG's

Although moonkins still have it, still a plus imo!
Tosan are you finding MM unplayable

I am, I nearly cried when I respecced

Yeah.

In 5.0 MM damage was fine, but at 90........it's laughably bad. Not to mention the amazing lack of utility for MM that you give up when not playing BM -_-;
BUMP

I have added updates to the original post. Hope Blizzard sees it.