Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

Professions
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
I've been trying to get the shark for 3 years. I finally get it today at 2:09 and as I am hearthing to Dal, I double check my log to see if there was a winner announced. Nothing. Then I get to Dal and the only quest I can turn in the shark for is the loser's quest.

I put in a ticket, but I usually get shafted. In the limited space I tried to say this:

Is there a notification bug?
Did someone from my realm beat me to it?
Is it intended for allow players from other realms to deny players of your realms to gain these special rewards?

If the answer is 'no' to all of these, then I should receive the achievement and one of the items (preferably the ring).

Think of it like any sporting event. If someone cheated, they are disqualified and then the next person in line, presumably the one who played by the rules, gets the prize.

I've been shafted by Bliz before because they will not look at the evidence presented to them, and I stayed away from PvP for several months because of it. This CRZ thing is a disaster, and if Bliz doesn't fix this and supply restitution, this could drive me further away for quite awhile.

I can't believe I just said that.

You might want to take a look at Blizzard's AMA they had earlier this week. This was addressed. It is a bug and it isn't intended to work this way and no the GMs didn't shaft you as they have never been able to grant achievements and titles to players for any reason.

I pretty much figured that would be their answer. But I can still suggest that CRZ should be shut down until it is at least worked on more (I would prefer it to be completely trashed), the cheaters have their achievements and ring or boots taken away, and those things given to the right person. No matter how long it takes them to do it. Sometimes (really every time) you have to do what's right.
09/12/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Irocain

Ya know... this is the kind of thing that was repeatedly reported during beta as well as a myriad of other CRZ issues that remain unresolved... you would HAVE THOUGHT that these would have been addressed instead of bringing them to LIVE and forcing the general public to point out what YOU already knew about and refused to address.

Has it ever occurred to you people that Blizzard tested as much of cross realm zones as they possibly could in a very limited test environment and needed additional feedback and data that can only be achieved through implementation on live realms?

Has it even REMOTELY occurred to you that those of us on beta ACTUALLY reported numerous issues with CRZ and they HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN BLOODY ADDRESSED, not by being fixed, not by even being spoken to?... Has it occurred to you that they have IGNORED the feedback they already HAD been given?
This has been complained about since early on - its a fundamental design flaw and one of the biggest mistakes Blizz has ever made with WoW in terms of disrupting the game. Exploits like this, and all the bugs, plus the cross realm impact on rares, and on gathering nodes, all very very harsh for professions on the affected server - all they do is bring the increased number of gatherers against the same number of spawns. Making the relative abundance go way down. Its like they turned our medium pop server to a buggy crowded server in terms of mining, herbs and rare spawns, being brutally exploited out of quests like the Fishing ones, roving bands of "raiders" killing world bosses across multiple server thanks to an "invite" from a level 1 character...

This is a design mistake. They clearly did not think through the impact and the consequences. They need to roll this back until they can fix the design and implement it in code.

Has it ever occurred to you people that Blizzard tested as much of cross realm zones as they possibly could in a very limited test environment and needed additional feedback and data that can only be achieved through implementation on live realms?

Has it even REMOTELY occurred to you that those of us on beta ACTUALLY reported numerous issues with CRZ and they HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN BLOODY ADDRESSED, not by being fixed, not by even being spoken to?... Has it occurred to you that they have IGNORED the feedback they already HAD been given?
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.
09/19/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

Have you considered instead changing the Fishing Derby to start and stop at the same time regardless of the realm's local time? Seems like a better temporary solution to me, if it can be done.
Thanks for the update Vaeflare, it's greatly appreciated :)
As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

Thanks! Happy to see that CRZ will be addressed.
we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future

Like the one where it's pretty much universally terrible? Nothing better than having to do the Get Kraken daily three times because people on other realms keep tagging the kraken mobs so I can't get credit.

You guys took the only positive aspect of being on a dead server (the lack of object competition) and ruined it.

I'm amazed you guys didn't have the foresight to consider that multiple game servers interacting with one another wouldn't mess up scheduled server events.
I'm not that big on fishing tournaments myself, but y'all have my sympathies. :(
Well I hope that fix also stops people who don't even play on a Server from handing in the fish.

That happened on Demon Soul this week, a player from Lethon server won the Demon Soul tournament in Dalaran. Rediculous, you also don't even get the shouts because our CRZ is two hours behind our server time.
Wow, so instead of disabling the terribly buggy CRZ fiasco that has been thrust on us, they are instead disabling the fishing derbies which were previously working just fine.
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

Respectfully, have you actually considered PATCHING and FIXING it, instead of dragging your heels on it? Truthfully, you would think you've had 4+ months to address this... the expansion goes live in what? 5 days?

Saying you are disabling it till you can get around to fixing it 'in a future patch' is just saying you dont give a tinker's damn about it so you are turning it off.

I have an idea... instead of shoving CRZ down the throat of live servers how about turn ALL CRZ OFF until you can get around to fixing it, 'in a future patch'
09/19/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Megalithic
Wow, so instead of disabling the terribly buggy CRZ fiasco that has been thrust on us, they are instead disabling the fishing derbies which were previously working just fine.

Exactly, they would rather inflict the debacle that is CRZ us instead.
This really bums me out quite a bit.

It also kinda reflects poorly on the quality control before launching a new patch that this entire scenario was completely overlooked. With all due respect to Blizzard and their hard working developers, this isn't a 'bug' - this is simply poor planning, and I don't pay to play on a beta server.

Mostly though I am just bummed out and hope the tourney is back to its former glory shortly so I can be frustrated over not winning in years, vs not having a chance to win at all. ;)

If you where listening you would hear that nobody likes it. RP and PVP don't mix. But in the end you will do what you want regardless of what the community wants.
Will there be a patch on the 25th or are we going to be waiting awhile for these fixes?