What weapons do combat rogues use?

Rogue
Swords, daggers?
A slow weapon in the MH and a slow or fast weapon in the OH

IE: Sword/Mace/Fist/Axe in the MH. Sword/Mace/Fist/Axe/Dagger in the OH.

The most important thing is the slow mh.
Technically a dagger in the oh is better than a slow weapon for PvE, but the difference is barely even notable.
1 2.6 speed weapon, and 1 1.8 speed weapon for max dps.

You can use 2 2.6 speed weapons if you want for a very small dps loss.

EDIT: RAWR, beat me to it.
Thanks guys, I saw an immediate jump in damage when I switched to a slow MH
I can't wait to be swinging with dual swords again without taking a massive DPS loss.

Transmog just got a lot better now.
I can't wait to be swinging with dual swords again without taking a massive DPS loss.

Unfortunately the only swords we could wield at 90 are heroic dungeon level, though.

T14 LFR and beyond it's all fist weapons.
I, for one, welcome our new Fist Weapon overlords. It's been a hell of a long time since a Fist has been BIS, and they're some of the coolest weapons in the game.

And, if you hadn't noticed, post patch all fists can be mogged by either hand now. (Except Mounting Vengeance...:( )

So, if you happen to land with two fist weapons you can, in fact, dual wield Bladefists or what have you. Dual wielding Insanity's Grasp looks pretty crazy.
I, for one, welcome our new Fist Weapon overlords. It's been a hell of a long time since a Fist has been BIS, and they're some of the coolest weapons in the game.

And, if you hadn't noticed, post patch all fists can be mogged by either hand now. (Except Mounting Vengeance...:( )

So, if you happen to land with two fist weapons you can, in fact, dual wield Bladefists or what have you. Dual wielding Insanity's Grasp looks pretty crazy.

Fist of the Deity is a particularly bad-!@# one.
Fists that were previously designated as off-hand are still only moggable onto off-hand.
Not sure if that was an oversight or what but yeah.

Unfortunately the only swords we could wield at 90 are heroic dungeon level, though.

Hooray for PvP weapons!
09/11/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Kiljagen
Fists that were previously designated as off-hand are still only moggable onto off-hand.

Many have been fixed for either hand, though. Fist of the Deity was restricted until a couple weeks ago, I don't remember if it was a mainhand or offhand though. I think it was an offhand.
Damn it people stop talking about Fist of the Deity it's like my last Transmog that no one seems to know about!

Many have been fixed for either hand, though. Fist of the Deity was restricted until a couple weeks ago, I don't remember if it was a mainhand or offhand though. I think it was an offhand.

It was MH.

Damn it people stop talking about Fist of the Deity it's like my last Transmog that no one seems to know about!

Who doesn't know about it? I have it. I just prefer to tear people to shreds with my "bear-hands" more.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's a shame that they put a feature like transmog in the game, which is something people have been asking for for a very long time, but shackle it with silly restrictions. Even when you're not held back by the rule restrictions, you're held back by the lazy design team putting out only one, or two if you're lucky, types of weapons per tier that your class can viably use.
Did they resolve the mainhand mog to onehand weapon issue yet? My pally would be jumping for joy.

Still waiting for the day to break out my sword collection on rogue...

...I have a dream that my weapon collection will one day live in a world where they will not be judged by the restriction of their handedness or skill but by the capacity of my void storage...

I have a dream...to sing in the words of that old Azeroth tavern song, "Free at last! Free at Last! Thank Ghostcrawler, Free at last!
09/11/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Verelyse

They fixed the MH only fists to simply be one-hand now, but they appear to have not touched any of the OH only fists, which is sort of silly.

Which is too bad, because I don't think there's a non-off-hand version of Mounting Vengeance.

Though I'm hoping to be dwing Calamity's Grasp. It doesn't exactly match my blue mog, but it's so awesome that I don't care.
we now have acess to the lightning steel weps that can be upgraded to a 510 item level
we now have acess to the lightning steel weps that can be upgraded to a 510 item level
Did you really need to necro an almost year old post for this?