Guild EXP

Bug Report
Just logged into an alt that is in a low level guild and found that doing quests no longer grants the guild experience. Characters is lvl 77 and the Guild is lvl 4. Was just doing regular quests while leveling that normally were rewarding guild experience.
Same issue here x.x
Try logging out and back in. I came across this issue as well before today. There were many other things happening, as well such as:

- New people coming and going did not appear in the roster.
- People who gained levels while online during this problem did not have their new level updated in the roster.
- Could not open the guild bank.
- Could not perform trades.
Relogging fixed it for me.
Relogging fixed it. Hopefully its fixed and won't randomly not reward guild exp.
I have the issue but only on my characters whose guild reputation is a full-bar exalted.

I tested this on 3 characters (not this character or her guild) and none of the quests gave guild experience.

My characters who are not exalted still get guild experience for turning in quests but if they stop contributing once they have exalted guild rep then my little guild will be dead in the water.

This sure looks like a bug to me or I am seriously hoping that it is a bug.
My guild XP is all gone, i got back to neutral.
I have the issue but only on my characters whose guild reputation is a full-bar exalted.

I tested this on 3 characters (not this character or her guild) and none of the quests gave guild experience.

My characters who are not exalted still get guild experience for turning in quests but if they stop contributing once they have exalted guild rep then my little guild will be dead in the water.

This sure looks like a bug to me or I am seriously hoping that it is a bug.

Which quests were you doing with those Exalted characters?

Since the normalization of guild exp per quest, regardless of character level, there appears to be a level lock on which quests will contribute guild exp - particularly since the hotfix a few days ago. For example: I can take my level 85s into Tol Barad and do dailies and get a full 60k guild exp each time I complete a quest and turn it in (and yes, they're all maxed Exalted)...but if I take the same characters to Quel'danas to do those dailies (which are grey to them), I get zero guild exp upon completion.

If I take a level 76 character to Quel'danas, and do those quests (which are green to them), I get the full 60k guild exp upon completion.

If you're doing quests that aren't at least green to you, and aren't receiving guild exp, that is the likely cause of the issue - not a bug, and not your guild rep.
The quests were yellow to my characters.

I have tested this numerous times since I am basically the only active player in my guild now.

A yellow cooking/fishing daily - if I turn it in on a character whose guild rep is not maxed exalted will contribute to the guild's guild experience. If the character *is* maxed exalted no guild experience is contributed at all.

I wrote down the guild experience numbers both before and after the quest turn-ins and have done this on several characters, 2 different accounts and over several days with the same results - no guild experience is being contributed by the characters who are maxed exalted.

Therefore I can only conclude that this is some kind of bug. Whether it's just my 2 accounts, that I don't know and put in a trouble ticket days ago that has not been responded to.

It would be almost impossible to accurately test this in a guild that had lots of active players, I only discovered this because this guild has 1 active player.
Same problem in my guild. Just sat one bar into lvl 4 guild. No experience coming from doing quests on lower level toons or anything.
I am sorry to hear this but grateful that it's not just me in my guild. Hopefully Blizz will fix whatever broke in the last hot-fix. That's when this started.
Normalized exp was previously being awarded for low level quests completed by high level characters. Has it been determined whether it is a bug or not (that currently the quests must be of relevant level)?
Anyone going to address this? Is it a bug or not? I did tol barad dailies this morning, I haven't played since before this last patch. No Guild XP. We are 1 bar from guild level 25 and was hoping to contribute my small part to push it closer.
same problem my characters are exalted with the guild just noticed to day after doing like 20 to 30 mop daylies per day that my guild lvl has not increased for the last 2 days and thats not including the # of bosses i killed
I'm having this problem, as well. And it really is a problem.

Leveling my tiny guild is -the- reason why I log in. This has to be a bug: otherwise, this punishes the entire guild for each member that becomes exalted. As it is, this makes wearing a guild tabard a dreadful idea.
It's a display bug.

Logging out and then back in will let you see the guild exp gains, and the xp bar will jump noticeably if you got enough xp. ><
No, it was -not- a display bug.

My guild was only 25k (which is a single quest) from level 6 and had been that way for over a day. None of the quests -- leveling or daily -- that I completed on this character or my other exalteds gave me guild exp. I tried a variety of quests, ranging from greys to yellow, to see if I could coax my level from anything. I had my guild exp filter turned on so I could watch progress there.

I had a friend watching the display while I quested. He saw no change, either. I logged out multiple times. I restarted my computer. Multiple times.

I finally leveled my guild to six when I got frustrated enough to log in my priest, who is merely honoured with the guild, and performed -a single quest-.

Since the maintenance, I've been able to earn guild exp once again. Let's see if it continues working.