5.0.5: Yaaay. Boooo.

Mac Technical Support
Well, Blizzard has fixed the little issue of WoW causing Mac CPUs to freak out and overheat, which is much appreciated. My activity monitor says it's now running WoW at around 20% give or take, instead of 115%+ last week.

On the other hand.... 3 log-ins this morning and I'm averaging nearly 2 seconds lag, meaning the game is basically frozen. This is less helpful.
Can you try rebuilding the game's caches and see if this helps? Try with no add-ons installed too.

1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft
    2. Move the WTF, Cache and Interface folders to the desktop
    3. Now go into the Data folder and delete the Cache folder
    4. Navigate to Users/Shared and delete the Battle.net folder
    5. Launch the World of Warcraft Launcher. Let all updates apply and hit Play when Game is up to date is displayed.
Im running the 5.0.5 patch, have done all the delete this and that folder sequence but in Ogrimmar my MAC still runs at 120% cpu.

Im running 10.7.4 osx, the 64bit client and have a early 2011 macbook pro with radeon 6750M.

Is that normal? The other user is getting 20-30%?
If you're in a heavily populated area such as Org in during prime playing hours, you'll hit that 120% fairly often. The game engine is having to render a lot of info, and WoW is more CPU bound than GPU bound, so it's going to take a larger chunk of CPU cycles when it needs to crunch a lot of data.

120% under duress/in heavily populated areas is normal. That means it's using two cores and balancing its load between them, which is far better than using one core to the max and only then using a second core.