Re-rolling here?

Emerald Dream
Hey there,

Ive been thinking of re-rolling to another server from Executus (it feels pretty dead) and Emerald looks like its going to be going strong when MoP ships out. I'm just wondering how this realm is, mostly in social aspects.

"But wait! Executus is a PvP realm n' stuff n' junk!"
Yes it is and no I would not be coming here just for PvP/RP ganking and or ruining. How is the RP here anyway? Because Ive never done it and would like to try it out. Is there casual RP? Is that even a thing? Can a person casually pretend to be someone else? Gah. I came here with one question and now I have like five. Thats four more than I wanted.

Anyway, I just want to get away from people named "BJSTABBINGSWAG".
09/11/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Gøkú

And you're named Goku.
Just reroll already, saves you time. Also check the other 'should I reroll here' threads and about our RP and PVP communities.
(( Yes, there is such a thing as casual RP. Some people aren't in-character all the time. Others are. It's a matter of preference, and like everything else in this game the experience is all about what kind of effort you put in and the people you play with.

I'm not really an Alliance person, so I can't speak for their community. But there seems to be a genuine camaraderie among ED-ers. Sure, there's drama, but it's like a small town (only bigger). Everyone seems to know everyone else, and many people spend their free time eavesdropping over the fence between yards.

Oh wait, maybe that's just Araane.

But yeah. ED is a pretty great place for both RP and PvP. Try it out and see if you like the fit. ))
09/11/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Adva

And you're named Goku.

Haha. Man I hate hindsight. I'm not going to pretend like I didn't do stupid stuff either but mostly I wanted to stick with my RL friends who played the game and they wanted to PvP. But you can only fight over Warsong's flags so many time before you start going "Why are we even fighting over this again?"

09/11/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Zenalpaladin
Just reroll already, saves you time. Also check the other 'should I reroll here' threads and about our RP and PVP communities.

Sure thing. Actually should have done that before.

(( Yes, there is such a thing as casual RP. Some people aren't in-character all the time. Others are. It's a matter of preference, and like everything else in this game the experience is all about what kind of effort you put in and the people you play with.

I'm not really an Alliance person, so I can't speak for their community. But there seems to be a genuine camaraderie among ED-ers. Sure, there's drama, but it's like a small town (only bigger). Everyone seems to know everyone else, and many people spend their free time eavesdropping over the fence between yards.

Oh wait, maybe that's just Araane.

But yeah. ED is a pretty great place for both RP and PvP. Try it out and see if you like the fit. ))

I was thinking of making a horde toon because I want to see their side of the story too. Thanks. Maybe I'll just go on and see what happens.
I like it here! I've got two toons, only been here for a little while, but I'm really enjoying it. One of my guilds is more casual RP (the Devilclaw Outlaws), but they have Tavern night events and world PvP events and they always come to my aid when I'm getting one-shotted by 85s while out questing. The other is heavier RP, in-character Guild chat and all, more formally structured, but I'm really enjoying it, too. And there are, I think, folks who don't RP at all -- I'm pretty sure you can find your niche here. I'm very new to RP and having a blast with it. Feel free to look me up if you decide to roll on ED! Seyahat or Lillylu. :)

(Unless you roll Horde. That could be awkward.)