BOA Monk Weapons?

General Discussion
Deleted
09/14/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Mâximus
So far I have only seen a staff with agi and stam at Argent Toruament for 95 tokens, has anyone seen any other monks weapons like another staff and/or one hand axes/maces?I heard they were making a new staff for the monk, but I can't find it on google or different threads.

The Burnished Warden Staff is the new staff that was implemented.
For DPS & Tank spec, you'll want to either use Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge on your MH w/ Venerable Mass of McGowan on your OH, DW two Venerable Mass of McGowan, or use Burnished Warden Staff.

For Healing, you can use Dignified Headmaster's Charge or use Devout Aurastone Hammer.
It's best to use the Dignified Headmaster's Charge because you wont have to find an offhand.

09/14/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Mâximus
Also blizzard if you are reading this can you make a MONK class and add it to the other 10 other classes forums?

I'm sure they'll add one at Mists launch.
09/14/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Mâximus
No I couldn't tank my way out of a wet paper bag, but the other question that I did have I heard monks could duel wield so if I went with the mace, I take it I would have to get two of them?

Yep.

09/14/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Mâximus
Also why does the AGI staff have Spell Power?

Armory bug. :P
09/14/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Frodoßaggins
True story. Brewmasters cannot dualwield, so grab the staff. Windwalkers can DW so go for any combo of Venerables.

You can DW as a Brewmaster Monk.
I'm doing so on the beta at the moment.
http://i.imgur.com/Dd5hA.jpg

Also -
The Monk Tank (Brewmaster) will use 2 handed staves. That’s right, staves! Although it can also use one-handed maces, axes, and swords.

http://www.monktanking.com/
So Windwalkers will use slow weapons for dual-wielding?
Burnished Warden Staff is the new staff for tanks.
For DPS spec, you'll want to either use Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge on your MH w/ Venerable Mass of McGowan on your OH, DW two Venerable Mass of McGowan.

For Healing, you can use Dignified Headmaster's Charge or use Devout Aurastone Hammer.
It's best to use the Dignified Headmaster's Charge because you wont have to find an offhand.

This is a fair assessment.

The staff isn't just for Tanks. You can use it for DPS as well.
So can someone tell me which BoA weapon or weapons would be best for me to get for a monk? (dps spec) I know you can use the staff and you can dual wield but what is every going with? which would be the best? I am looking at buying the weapons with justice points. Thanks!!
11/10/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Caterinna
So can someone tell me which BoA weapon or weapons would be best for me to get for a monk? (dps spec) I know you can use the staff and you can dual wield but what is every going with? which would be the best? I am looking at buying the weapons with justice points. Thanks!!

The general consensus is that dual wielding is slightly better than using a 2H but that's at the endgame.
While leveling, the difference between the two would be minute at best.
You can dual wield or use a 2H and not notice much of a difference. :)