tMorph ??

Customer Support
tMorph, this can ban you or no ?
Yes, you can get banned for using that.
Model editing is not allowed.
ok, now I m scared,Luckily I asked first, but one of most thing I wish in this game, is play like Shaman Night Elf, but this never gonna happen, I would like a blue post answer, about if have any possibility in the future Shaman night elf??
09/14/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Niinna
about if have any possibility in the future Shaman night elf??

One thing we've learned?

Never say "Never" in this game.

However there are no current to introduce them
The EULA says you cannot alter or modify the program files (the WoW program installed on your computer), except as authorized by the copyright holder (Blizzard).

And the only thing they allow is addons and mods used in the addons folder.

Changing the model files, sound files, or anything else is a violation of the EULA.
Changing the model files, sound files

Actually, I saw a few days ago that an MVP said modifying sound files are ok.

But to the topic of this thread, it's very much against the rules to edit models like this.
09/14/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Niinna
tMorph, this can ban you or no ?

Though I cannot speak for any particular program, Sakana is correct in that model editing is not permitted. Though any change to a file you may want to make may be benign it is not something that we can make individual determinations on. Our systems would only look to see if a file was changed.

09/14/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Niinna
I would like a blue post answer, about if have any possibility in the future Shaman night elf??

I'm afraid those of us who moderate this particular forum couldn't give you much of an answer there, Niinna. We are not Developers or liaisons to them.

I know of no plans to add the Shaman class to Night Elves, I'm not certain how well that would go with their current lore. However, if you'd like to see something like that be introduced my best recommendation would be to post your feedback in the General Discussion or Shaman forums so our Developers and Community Managers can see it.
09/14/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Madisón
Changing the model files, sound files

Actually, I saw a few days ago that an MVP said modifying sound files are ok.

But to the topic of this thread, it's very much against the rules to edit models like this.

You can change sound files all you want, because you don't have to EDIT anything. You simply make a folder that is the same as the directory structure inside the MPQ file, and any audio file put in there will automatically override the default. This is how addons do it. Blizzard in fact designed it to work this way. So you don't have to modify any WOW files to change sounds.

You DO have to modify files to change graphics though, and modifying files is against the rules.
Thanks =]
And GNOME HUNTERS!

Yes, make it so.

Niinna, I'm afraid that they simply don't want every race to be able to be every Class. They leave some out, per every race, on purpose. I was frankly quite surprised when Humans could become Hunters.

They already increased the number of classes that the races could be. But who knows, it could happen again.
How can you get banned for it when it is only changing the model for user only viewing? It will not show the change to other players. It is for viewing pleasure of your own character.
10/19/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Skrail
How can you get banned for it when it is only changing the model for user only viewing? It will not show the change to other players. It is for viewing pleasure of your own character.

I changed the rogue's stealthed skin to a giant neon ball. Good luck sneaking past me.

Modifying the game's data files (or active memory) is not allowed. What reason you do it for is irrelevant.
10/19/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Skrail

Collision mechanics are handled client-side, and those are calculated based on models. While your intent may be benign, the practice overall can be used for very nefarious purposes.

Don't do it if you value your account.
Back when model editing was allowed (sorta), people was using it to exploit terrain features, turn all herbs/ore nodes into giant trees, generally breaking stuff.

I was sad to see the old Ragnaros hunter pets disappear, but thems tha breaks.
How can it be bannable if nobody can see it but you? Explain please.
The post above you explains some of the problems w/ model editing already. In addition to that. It was also used to exploit one of the vanilla 40-man raids.
Ultimately, it doesn't mater if others can see it or not. Blizz made it "no to all" no if's, and's, or but's.
10/20/2012 04:05 AMPosted by Squishyx
How can it be bannable if nobody can see it but you? Explain please.

Warden will detect that the file has been changed.

Warden will make the launcher download the correct files. Any attempt to circumvent this is a terms of service violation.

The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the "License Limitations"). Any use of the Game in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of Blizzard's copyrights in and to the Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

E. modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game Client in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard;

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_eula.html

They said no, so no.

They allow audio file changes, but that's about it. The most common audio file change that I know of, for example, is a gun silencer.
Seeing this made me so sad :( I stumbled upon this add-on and was THRILLED at the thought of being able to (at least to myself) appear a Gnome Paladin, and then it was stripped away :(
there are tons of ppl using model changers my guess would be about 65% of wow players so..
10/28/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Swooppz
65% of wow players

Citation needed. Please don't make unfounded statements without proof. Let's not necro thread, mkay.