Well the QQ'ers have won...

Priest
09/21/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Skywyn
We are always the first class to have their talents ripped down.

Well, no.

In this case, Holy Paladins were the first to feel the low-level nerf. Holy Shock lasted about a week. Penance lasted three.

Also, I'm not sure anyone wants to read your full post. Walls of text are painful.
09/18/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Sheinah
Can someone outline specifically what spell(s) was/were nerfed and at what levels?

The DPS use of penance was ridiculously overtuned in lowbie bgs.
So that's why I was one shotting everything with Penance... I thought it was Blizzard making the game even more watered down.... I quit over a year ago, came back and rolled this toon and I've made it to 85 without drinking for mana a single time... a far cry from drinking every 3rd or 4th mob back in the day.

I really thought it was the new EZmode WoW.... LOL
I'm a little upset with the nerf, as I always am with gamebalancing stuff, because a) I only play alone, so my being overpowered won't affect anyone else, and b) this game is already hard enough for those of us who are bad at computer games.

Mostly, though, I'm just glad I managed to level this character to 85 while Penance was awesome. I can handle the rest from here. :)
Just go shadow, you can still be op
09/21/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Rakvandus
Take that Priests! WAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're a warrior...you got absolutely destroyed with the nerf bat yesterday, dunno what you're so happy about lol.
ITT people who don't like PVP, but do like to press a "increment killing blows" button whine that their button appears to have stopped working..
Well, no.

In this case, Holy Paladins were the first to feel the low-level nerf. Holy Shock lasted about a week. Penance lasted three.

Started in vanilla that shock-adins where OP. Its resurfaced several times with talent updates, only to be nerfed again. If you look back on priests timeline, we have repeatedly been nerfed too during talent updates. While I know some classes go untouched (ex. druids)

Don't forget about the pain we endured during the vanilla stage either, we were pwnd all the time in bgs. Also during that time we were the best healers period. so 1 working tree for pve, failed tree line for pvp.

09/21/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Elethia
Also, I'm not sure anyone wants to read your full post. Walls of text are painful.

My point in my post was to direct other classes to look at their own tree lines. For every class has problems with OP.
Thank you BLIZ and you stupid QQers!

I'm not sure why this always has to be an issue with all non-priest classes. We are always the first class to have their talents ripped down. We are always the class that gets crapped on first. In all the years I have played, I've always tried hard to keep the peace and just go with the flow, but no longer. /snip tldr yawn.

Good priests will still be good the tears of the baddies qqing are delicious ...
No class has been untouched by nerfs, Skywyn. Blizzard certainly isn't the best at timely nerfs, and I doubt anyone will disagree with the argument that they've made mistakes, but I've played since 2006 without seeing any blatant favoritism or hate directed at any classes.

Absolute balance is almost impossible to achieve in a game like WoW without sacrificing class flavor.
09/22/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Elethia
No class has been untouched by nerfs, Skywyn. Blizzard certainly isn't the best at timely nerfs, and I doubt anyone will disagree with the argument that they've made mistakes, but I've played since 2006 without seeing any blatant favoritism or hate directed at any classes.

I agree, but there are still so many things they could and should have done.. They seem to react before they think.
I believe they put thought into most, if not all, the actions they make. I imagine, though, that it can be difficult in at least some case to fully visualize the consequences of those actions—be they good or bad—before taking it to the large scale of live servers.
Spiritlord:
Just go shadow, you can still be op

I can't do DPS. DPS is based on killing other things before they can kill you, and that requires thinking faster than I can.

Cybele:
ITT people who don't like PVP, but do like to press a "increment killing blows" button whine that their button appears to have stopped working..

Exactly what I'm complaining about. They nerfed my kill button! >:(

More seriously, for me, killing stuff is the most tedious part of the game. I just like the killing to go as fast as possible, so I can do things like questing, exploring, professions, and so on.
Well, exploring, professions and so on don't really require that you do any killing.
It's happening again because Penance was nerfed for levels lower than 85, bringing it almost perfectly back in line with where it was pre-5.0?
You can assume I don't PvP based on the toon I'm currently posting on if you'd like.

You can also choose to assume that the OP was not addressing the Penance nerf despite that being one of two things non-priests have complained consistently about in recent history (the other being Psyfiend, which was not nerfed).