T30 Blazing speed

Mage
Blink and Blazing Speed combined will get you out of range from nearly everyone very quickly. Even better when near a slope or cliff face, as you can leap from it and cast Slow-Fall. The momentum from Blazing Speed easily adds to the distance traveled.

From there you can use various means to get away .. a Swiftness potion, use Darkflight (if you're a Worgen), Greater Invisibility .. or even run some then mount up.

That was my favorite part of improved blink... but now you have to get hit/kill someone first.
09/16/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Lerajie
That was my favorite part of improved blink... but now you have to get hit/kill someone first.

It's true that it is restricted in comparison to how Improvement Blink worked, though I think that if Blazing Speed could be activated at any time, Mages would be OP .. more then we already appear to be haha.

Besides, killing a player isn't that hard with the amount of damage we inflict ;) There are some examples in the video of where Blazing Speed proc from a kill which I made use of .. though not to the full extent that I was able to record this time round, so will include in my next one.
To use blazing speed properly you have to think outside of the box.

Flag runner? Blazing speed + slowfall off a roof, look at that, you're faster than mounted people.
Doing Hagara and got snowflaked? Pop blazing speed to dispel it yourself instead of waiting on the healer.

Those are a couple of ways to use it. Though I agree on the need for requirements removal...
Here's my video on Blazing Speed in BGs ..

http://youtu.be/ZTLx009V928

Enjoy :)

All i saw was you getting wrecked and running away. Everytime you ran a simple blink would have sufficed. If you had had ice barrier or temporal should you could have lasted longer in many of those fights and gotten off a kill and even if you didn't you still could have gotten away with blink sans blazing speed

Everytime you used after a kill again a simple blink would have sufficed or you could have blinked and mounted up.

Flag runner? Blazing speed + slowfall off a roof, look at that, you're faster than mounted people.
Doing Hagara and got snowflaked? Pop blazing speed to dispel it yourself instead of waiting on the healer.

Those are a couple of ways to use it. Though I agree on the need for requirements removal...

blazing speed certainly has a small niche. the thing is when compared to the other 2 options it falls behind in just about all cases. The requirement for it needs to be removed and the duration needs to be increased. But the speed boost can be decreased as well to like 70-80%.

right now its just not worth it. Its too short and the requirement is too steep. Compared to temporal and ice barrier with no pre-reqs and tons more survivability.
All i saw was you getting wrecked and running away. Everytime you ran a simple blink would have sufficed.If you had had ice barrier or temporal should you could have lasted longer in many of those fights and gotten off a kill and even if you didn't you still could have gotten away with blink sans blazing speed

To recap the video and how Blazing Speed made a difference:

1st Clip (Eye of Storm) - engaged by two hunters , with their pets onto me, middle section. Considering that Hunters can also set down Explosive traps which can send you flying off into the pit, it's safer to retreat. As soon as I saw our Hunter appear on the scene, I Frost Nova the pets, allowing him to take on the Hunters without their pets being a hassle. It's called team-work.

2nd Clip (Stand of Ancients) - the goal of this BG is to delay the enemy by destroying demos, not secure nodes by killing players. Thus when I was attacked by Warlock and his Pet, along with seeing that there were more horde then ally, I made the decision to head back to the gate and attack from the turret balcony. Better that then end up in the GY which wastes valuable time.

3rd / 4th Clip (Arathi Basin) - outnumbered by several horde at once, including a Healer amongst them. Obviously it's either retreat or end up at the GY. An Ice Barrier would not have saved me. Furthermore, in the 4th clip I decided to head to the Farm to capture that unprotected node.

5th Clip (Arathi Basin) - attacked by Hunter, who called on a Dino and Wolf. An Ice Barrier might have been ok in that situation, though those Dinos hurt like hell .. and with the amount of interrupts and stuns Hunters have, there's a good chance he would have won.

I also chose to show this clip to demonstrate how Blazing Speed and Blink can be used to gain momentum and slow-fall down the hill.

6th Clip (Alteric Valley) - outnumbered by three horde; a Fire Mage, Warlock, and Boomie .. with a fourth hordie and a healer around the corner. Obviously a no-brainer here .. Ice Barrier would have resulted in me landing in the GY.

7th Clip (Alteric Valley) - stuck in a confined place within a tower with two warriors, while four horde (including a Healer) on their way to recap the base. A no-win situation. Either escape or die. I chose the former.

09/18/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Brewslee
Everytime you used after a kill again a simple blink would have sufficed or you could have blinked and mounted up.

Blink doesn't allow a mage to travel outside of an enemy's range of attack, and it takes several moments without being attacked to be able to mount.

blazing speed certainly has a small niche. the thing is when compared to the other 2 options it falls behind in just about all cases.

Except in the cases demonstrated in my video, along with all of the additional times it has saved my !@#.

Ice Barrier is great for 1vs1 scenarios .. but often that isn't the case in BGs. Hence why Blazing Speed is better used as an escape mechanism then an Ice Barrier.

right now its just not worth it. Its too short and the requirement is too steep. Compared to temporal and ice barrier with no pre-reqs and tons more survivability.

I'm not convinced. I'd rather have my Blazing Speed and get through a BG with no deaths then to have an Ice Barrier help me win a couple of one-on-ones, but get ganked time and again by a mob of Horde.
1st clip: you and a holy pally (assuming ur pocket healer go mid) and engage 1 hunter. that hunter starts going to town on you. -- second hunter sets pet on you and barley gets 1 or 2 shots off before you blink + blazing speed away. you also recieve a 40k heal from the H pally. those 2 hunters were stupid for leaving their pets on you and stupid for going mid when they were 3 based. Good job freezing 2 hunter pets controlled by 2 idiots. Also a simple blink would have gotten you away like you wanted and ended with the same result -- 2 frozen hunter pets as they were still on you. Also you started running away before your friendly hunter was even close. That's not teamwork thats you being bad and running away while you had a pocket healer. Ice barrier would have allowed you to stay in the fight and take out the hunters. Their traps were pretty much irrelevant seeing as you can cast from range...

2nd clip: You go to a horde boat carrying half the horde team with 3 other people...mistake number 1 as your obviously going to be outnumbered. You don't have ice barrier which can absorb about 1/3 of your total hp...mistake number 2 as you are almost killed. You blink + blazing away and run to portal -- mistake number 3 occurs in assuming that you couldn't get away with a simple blink. It would have had the same end result...you running to the portal

3rd clip: You simply not engaging 4 + people of opposing faction probably would have been the smart choice but regardless. once again a simple blink would have sufficed and u would have made it to the node where teammates were waiting for you. With ice barrier you probably would have taken no damage.

4th clip: This clip should actually convince you to pick up ice barrier. Instead of having ice barrier absorbing all that damage you were taking and then reapplying it for more survivability and sustainability in that big fight you were forced to abandon your teammates who were fight along side you because...guess what, you had blazing speed instead of ice barrier. and even if you really did need to run away a simple jump off the cliff with a slow fall would have been fine or even a last second blink b4 you hit the ground. Mount up and run to farm if you wanted it. In this clip you simply abandoned the warlock and rogue who were there with you. Looking at the damage the other side was taking you guys probably would have won too. too bad the mage had to run...

5th clip: you were 2v1 against the hunter...your teammate came to help you. Another example of having ice barrier probably saving you and letting you stay in the fight. instead you were forced to run and abandoned your teammate....again.

6th clip: Not only would a simple blink have gotten you the same result. You ran past 2 horde who didn't attack you (though one got sapped as you ran by) -- seeing as you had more teammates coming, again ice barrier would have allowed you to stay in the fight and not take as much damage

7th clip: wow man you really love to abandon your teammates: your in a tower with fury war and h pally defending...you didn't even bother to frost nova...you instantly jumped out the tower and ran...just going off of what you did a blink once again would have sufficed...

taking all these clips into account...all you have done is shown how much of a coward you are. You leave teammates constantly. I guess if you want to run away 24/7 then yes blazing speed is the skill for you. But for those of us who like to stay in fights -- not get nuked down to half hp in 6 seconds -- and kill people/help the team ice barrier or temporal shield is the better choice hands down.

09/18/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Deist
Blink doesn't allow a mage to travel outside of an enemy's range of attack, and it takes several moments without being attacked to be able to mount.

Many times blink does allow one to travel outside of an enemies attack range, especially casters as they are still casting next thing they know your out of range.

blazing speed certainly has a small niche. the thing is when compared to the other 2 options it falls behind in just about all cases.

Except in the cases demonstrated in my video, along with all of the additional times it has saved my !@#.

Ice Barrier is great for 1vs1 scenarios .. but often that isn't the case in BGs. Hence why Blazing Speed is better used as an escape mechanism then an Ice Barrier.

the only cases you demonstrated in your video are those of cowardice and poor decision making. I wouldn't even say that you used blazing speed properly. Everything you did could have been done with a blink. Ice barrier is great for any scenario which is what you seem to fail to understand

09/18/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Deist
I'm not convinced. I'd rather have my Blazing Speed and get through a BG with no deaths then to have an Ice Barrier help me win a couple of one-on-ones, but get ganked time and again by a mob of Horde.

well you have fun going through a bg with no deaths, no kills, leaving teammates, and being all around useless. Ill go through a bg with no deaths lots of kills and damage done on top of helping my team. You shouldn't be putting yourself in situations where your getting jumped by multiple people. thats just poor play on your part. Ice barrier is good 1v1 or in group fights as your able to stay in the battle much longer, deal more damage, and support the team -- sheeps and frost novas all around. interrupts and spell steals.

Any mage or even non mage will tell you ice barrier is far more useful than blazing speed...unless of course the mage plays like you do...and runs every 5 seconds because he can't stay in a fight

i agree blazing speed is for sure a think outside the box skill...the problem is in competitive levels of pvp going outside the box usually results in a loss. I like being varied but I feel like as of now ice barrier or tempral are the default choices
We just need Improved Blink back, throw it in our glyphs, i dont care about monkeys, procupines, critters, language, look alines, or most other glyphs we have...
09/19/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Hazuzu
We just need Improved Blink back, throw it in our glyphs, i dont care about monkeys, procupines, critters, language, look alines, or most other glyphs we have...

You just listed a bunch of minor glyphs for something that should at bare minimum be a major glyph if not talent.
09/18/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Brewslee
1st clip: you and a holy pally (assuming ur pocket healer go mid) and engage 1 hunter. that hunter starts going to town on you. -- second hunter sets pet on you and barley gets 1 or 2 shots off before you blink + blazing speed away.

He wasn't my pocket healer, and I didn't realise he was a Holy Pally until AFTER I retreated (because one doesn't expect a Holy Pally to wander to mid alone).

those 2 hunters were stupid for leaving their pets on you and stupid for going mid when they were 3 based. Good job freezing 2 hunter pets controlled by 2 idiots.

The fact that you thought two hunters were stupid is completely irrelevant to this argument.

Also a simple blink would have gotten you away like you wanted and ended with the same result

Blink alone does not allow a mage to travel beyond the distance of a Hunter's range, nor a Rogue's shadow-step, or a Warrior's heroic leap.

Blink is useful for getting out of snares, and momentarily confusing the enemy player as to your location.. but it's not effective enough to get the distance required to be safe.

Also you started running away before your friendly hunter was even close. That's not teamwork thats you being bad and running away while you had a pocket healer.

I didn't even see our Hunter approach the scene until after I retreated. That is when I used Frost Nova and headed back to mid to help em (though the video cuts out by then). Hence what I meant by team-work.

2nd clip: You go to a horde boat carrying half the horde team with 3 other people...mistake number 1 as your obviously going to be outnumbered.You don't have ice barrier which can absorb about 1/3 of your total hp...mistake number 2 as you are almost killed. You blink + blazing away and run to portal -- mistake number 3 occurs in assuming that you couldn't get away with a simple blink. It would have had the same end result...you running to the portal

I made the best of a bad situation that was outside of my control (ie lack of players there). The actions of others has no bearing on this topic at hand. My point still stands - an Ice Barrier wouldn't have helped my survival, whereas Blazing Speed gave me the opportunity to stay alive and in a better position to destroy the demos as they approached the wall.

3rd clip: You simply not engaging 4 + people of opposing faction probably would have been the smart choice but regardless. once again a simple blink would have sufficed and u would have made it to the node where teammates were waiting for you. With ice barrier you probably would have taken no damage.

Completely disagree. I was slowed, and they would have caught up with me had I only used Blink. Ice Barrier would not have secured my safety to the node where there was only one Ally there. It wasn't until moments afterward that several others showed up to defend the node.

4th clip: This clip should actually convince you to pick up ice barrier. Instead of having ice barrier absorbing all that damage you were taking and then reapplying it for more survivability and sustainability in that big fight you were forced to abandon your teammates who were fight along side you because...guess what, you had blazing speed instead of ice barrier. and even if you really did need to run away a simple jump off the cliff with a slow fall would have been fine or even a last second blink b4 you hit the ground.

It was a no-win situation. We were outnumbered, and they had a healer whom no one was targeting.

And yet again, I was slowed, and had two pets on me. Blink would have got me to the edge of the cliff but I wouldn't have been able to jump and gain adequate distance without the Warlock and Hunter finishing me off before I got to the bottom.

Mount up and run to farm if you wanted it. In this clip you simply abandoned the warlock and rogue who were there with you. Looking at the damage the other side was taking you guys probably would have won too. too bad the mage had to run...

You failed to observe the healer they had, and negated the fact that a Warlock and Hunter and his two pets (one of which was a Dino) were wailing on me. Survival chances with an Ice Barrier - none. Not too surprisingly , the rest were wiped out within moments afterward. Me being there would have not made any difference.

5th clip: you were 2v1 against the hunter...your teammate came to help you. Another example of having ice barrier probably saving you and letting you stay in the fight. instead you were forced to run and abandoned your teammate....again.

More likely that the Hunter would have finished me off before my teammate finished him off. In a split-second I considered the risks and made my decision. In the end it worked out for the best for all; he ended up dead and I lived. Case closed.

6th clip: Not only would a simple blink have gotten you the same result. You ran past 2 horde who didn't attack you (though one got sapped as you ran by) -- seeing as you had more teammates coming, again ice barrier would have allowed you to stay in the fight and not take as much damage

It would have still been a situation where I was severely outnumbered! All I saw was a rogue who was stealthed. That aside, an Ice Barrier wouldn't hold for any more then a few seconds against the likes of a Boomie, Warlock, and Fire Mage.

Besides, at the time when I made the decision to use Blazing Speed I didn't see any other teammate around, and presumed to be alone. Again, a Blink would not have secured enough distance, especially since the Fire Mage had blinked to my location.

7th clip: wow man you really love to abandon your teammates: your in a tower with fury war and h pally defending...you didn't even bother to frost nova...you instantly jumped out the tower and ran...just going off of what you did a blink once again would have sufficed...

And you're severely underestimating our chances of survival.. 3 vs 4, and them having a Healer. What would frost nova accomplish in a confined space with no where to run?! Healer cast Fear, the rest wail in on us. It was a no-win situation. Been in enough of them when I had my Ice Barrier to now know when to stick around and when to flee.

taking all these clips into account...all you have done is shown how much of a coward you are. You leave teammates constantly.

You mean, leave to save myself as opposed to joining them in the GY. Only the stupid go down with a sinking ship.

I guess if you want to run away 24/7 then yes blazing speed is the skill for you. But for those of us who like to stay in fights -- not get nuked down to half hp in 6 seconds -- and kill people/help the team ice barrier or temporal shield is the better choice hands down.

And die often as I see so many mages do in BGs because they don't have any means of escape.

Many times blink does allow one to travel outside of an enemies attack range, especially casters as they are still casting next thing they know your out of range.

Absolute rubbish.

Warriors can stun and charge, likewise with a Feral Druid. Rogues can shadow-step, a Mage can Blink, Hunters can still attack (along with their pets) .. hell do you even play PvP? .. because your lack of this basic knowledge suggests otherwise.
lol do i even pvp? your the one arguing for blazing speed. Any pvper will tell u its a terrible talent compared to the other 2. The fact that your arguing for it shows how terrible you are as is.

im not going to quote everything but,

1st:The fact that you didn't realize he was holy...u sure are a great pvper arn't ya...rofl. Also you first response you made it seem like you nova'd because you KNEW a hunter was coming but as we can see from the clip and as you just admitted u had nova on ur mind b4 u saw the hunter. So your argument for blazing speed is Null. If you can't see that blink would have done the same, especially glyphed blink idk what to tell you. 2 hunters being stupid is completely relevant to the argument. You tried to make it seem like your nova was some big deal when the hunters shouldn't have even left their pets on u in the first place. so yes the stupidity of the hunters goes against your little argument.

any mage can tell you blink + simply moving forwards has gotten them out of range of plenty of things. Especially if you nova and blink among other things. its really not that hard but you obviously have difficulty with it.

2nd: ice barrier would have negated all the damage you took + a blink would have gotten u away. better result then going around at half hp if you ask me

3rd: The fact that you can't even see that was a bad engagement worries me. Your a pvper? Also you would have been fine with ice barrier

4th: Sure if you want to call that a no one situation. Either way Ice barrier would have stopped all the damage you took. The only reason you took those 2 pets to the face among others things was because you ran towards them when jumping off the cliff. Thats bad play alone but of course ull make the ( i wanted to go to farm excuse). Anyone can see you could have gone to your left and jumped easily sans blazing speed. Do you even watch your own clips man? Ice barrier would have kept u alive from any lingering shots from a lock or hunter. Blink or slowfall to survive, mount up and hit farm.

5th: Exactly, The hunter would have finished u off because you didn't have Ice barrier...Thanks. Barrier u would have had way less damage + a dead hunter and you could continue u to another enemy node. Instead u were forced to run away. Which seems to be ur only argument for blazing speed. Run because you can't seem to stay in a fight lol.

6th: blink would have gotten u to the same position u got to. Your problem is you blinked way up then used blazing speed to correct your terrible blink. That doesn't make blazing good it makes u bad. and again judging by your health left over, ice barrier would have negated most of the damage. You'd be alive and able to return and what not. or cap another node etc etc...Instead u were almost dead and poped invis lol

7th: so dont frost nova to stop them from immediately running in and capping the flag? can't at least do that much before you jump? you really lack some quick thinking for a pvper. You know you also had a healer right? Hpally at that. Perfect for healing u and the warrior. U and the warrier could have really done some damage. delayed the caping of that node for more ally to come help and what not. Ice barrier would really have made much of that fight possible. Less heals needed for u from the healer. You could easily kite melee if you had nova and ice ward. constant novas while u guys nuke healer. Man thats so hard to do. 3v4's are IMPOSSIBLE to win! omg....rofl. Enough of em? you probably ran from every single one. and so what if you died, which you had a very good chance of not doing, your delaying the caping of that tower further helping your team. Some pvper you are lol. your one of those idiots who runs str8 to mid in EoE arn't you?

so yes. looking at all these clips the answer is still the same, Your a coward. Mages have tons of escape, between nova, blink, sheep, ice ward, ring of frost, cone of cold, greater invis, cauterize, cold snap, ice block, etc etc etc... yes some of these are on the same talent level but you get the idea. Mages have utility to get away without blazing speed. I guess its those who know how to use what a mage has and those who dont that seperates the ice barrier mages from the blazing speed mages.

Except of course when you just want to using blazing for fun ^_^
Blazing Speed will only have once function in competitive PvP. Deals with Rated Battlegrounds and the map EoS.
My issue is that this change brought about a pretty significant change to how Fire Operates in pvp.

Before the patch, coupled with Imp. CoC I felt a lot more like a speedster. High Risk, High Reward kind of gameplay in that I run in, get a freeze - one two punch of Scorch Fireblast, or a Pyroblast I already saved and then build it up. Set off that and

Burn Baby, Burn. - Spread the combust, Lock down their healer with a blanket silence and watch them scramble as mass damage goes out. Being something of a speeding glass cannon felt more 'Fire Mage'.

I'll note this was also when we had mage ward and mana shield, no Ice Barrier.

I'll agree that Blazing speed needs a touch-up; With the nature of PvP as it is right now for it to be effective mitigation it needs to be more consistent.

But, Blizzard is really wanting us to hardcast in pvp right now. I'm not sure what to think of it all.
hardcasting is fine imo. haste just has a higher value than before. The thing is blazing speed needs to be brought up to the level of tempral and ice barrier. the requirement to activate it is too steep and the duration is too low. Id be happy with a longer duration lower speed. or at least some kind of active mitigation tied to it.
Blazing Speed: Grants 150% movement speed that deteriorates over ____ seconds leaving behind a fire trail dealing ____ damage. Lasts ____ seconds.
/nod

I'll take an area denial over a bubble ;)
09/19/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Brewslee
lol do i even pvp? your the one arguing for blazing speed. Any pvper will tell u its a terrible talent compared to the other 2. The fact that your arguing for it shows how terrible you are as is.

Here are screenshots of Battle Results of the BGs I've played in over the past three days.. all of em with zero deaths, yet consistently in the top two in the majority of the stats.

Note that these are random BGs .. not premades with vent. No pocket healers.

Strand Of Ancients. 19th September 2012
#1 Damage Dealt
#1 Honorable Kills
#2 Killing Blows
#1 Demos Destroyed (got two of em)
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/sacrednic/WoWScrnShot_092012_003642_zps6cc79d45.jpg

Eye Of Storm. 19th September 2012
#2 Damage Dealt
#2 Honorable Kills
#1st equal Killing Blows
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/sacrednic/WoWScrnShot_091912_222638_zps33f521ab.jpg

Note: the player who came first in HK and DD, died 6 times. That's not good form.

Arathi Basin. 18th September 2012.
#2 Damage Dealt
#1 Honorable Kills
#1 Killing Blows
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/sacrednic/WoWScrnShot_091912_160856_zps1a0832ef.jpg

Eye of Storm. 18th September 2012
#1 Damage Dealt
#1 Honorable Kills
#1 Killing Blows
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/sacrednic/WoWScrnShot_091912_140819_zpsa50f2afd.jpg

Note: Horde won this game, yet I still came out on top with no deaths.

Battle of Gilneas. 18th September 2012
#2 Damage Dealt
#1 Honorable Kills
#1 Killing Blows
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/sacrednic/WoWScrnShot_091812_192131_zpscbb18143.jpg

Warsong Gulch. 16th September 2012
#1 Damage Dealt
#1st equal Honorable Kills
#2 Killing Blows
#1 Flag Returns (I returned 3)
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/sacrednic/WoWScrnShot_091712_185637_zpsfdf02ef5.jpg

Warsong Gulch. 16th September 2012
#1 Damage Dealt
#1 Honorable Kills
#1st equal Killing Blows
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/sacrednic/WoWScrnShot_091712_161918_zpsea91bb55.jpg

Note: Horde smashed this one, yet again, came first, zero deaths.

so yes. looking at all these clips the answer is still the same, Your a coward.

I don't mean to brag, but the stats above speak for themselves.. a coward doesn't consistently get high results such as these ;)

Mages have tons of escape, between nova, blink, sheep, ice ward, ring of frost, cone of cold, greater invis, cauterize, cold snap, ice block, etc etc etc

Now you're being unrealistic.

Ring of Frost - has a casting time .. no good against pursuers as they'll see it and avoid while still attacking.

Cone of Cold - slows melee at close range .. no good against spell-casters or Hunters.

Greater Invis - this is another one of those Talents which is being criticized for being 'useless' .. and it is when you're under fire as you'll be knocked straight out of it.

Cauterize - 50% health and slowing burning down.. while your pursuers still attack you.

Sheep - long casting time. Only good against a single target.

Ice Block .. aka invite the chasers to surround you and laugh .. and then gank you as soon as it wears off.

These are not effective spells for escaping more then several players at once.

... yes some of these are on the same talent level but you get the idea. Mages have utility to get away without blazing speed.

You've listed spells that are no good for aiding a Mage in escape.

Though speaking of your so-called Blink being a "viable means to get away", one of my favourite pastimes is to chase a Mage who's Blinked away and gank him. Very easy to do when you're a Worgen with Darkflight and Blink. Lots of fun!!

I guess its those who know how to use what a mage has and those who dont that seperates the ice barrier mages from the blazing speed mages.

The Mages with Ice Barrier normally end up dead.

Except of course when you just want to using blazing for fun ^_^

It is fun! But it has it's practical side to it as well. Jus' need to open your mind a bit :)
It might not have reasonable applications in Arena or traditional roles in BGs, but as BGs (read RBGs) become more goal oriented and less combat oriented, this spell begins to shine and shine well.

Take flag carrying, for example.

Damage mitigation is great, but when you're mobbed by a dozen Alliance, it does little to nothing to help your case. If you have BS, you've got an out, and what an out.

Flag carrying is (and always has been) about speed, counters, snares and outs, NOT damage mitigation.

Back in Burning Crusade I used to spec halfway into Fire and Frost just so I could get the benefits of the outs in both trees. Yes, I couldn't kill anything, but I was greased lightning basically. 1 man on offense, 9 men on defense and it worked great.

Other than druids with specialized movement talents, I can't see any class catching or stopping a properly specialized Mage.

I don't want all the talents to be focused on traditional roles. I want little gems like this for niche applications.
I'm convinced. I'll drop my ice barrier and give things a try with Blazing Speed.
So you basically gave up trying to legitimize your bad clips by switching your argument into "look im a good pvper im not bad omg" rofl

you keep saying mages with ice barrier die. there are plenty of mages with ice barrier that dont die...idk what bad mages your watching. there are mages with blazing speed that die too. i see em all the time.

glyphed ice block is actually one of the best escapes...idk what ur talking about lol. nova + 3 seconds no spells? u must be bad. combined with cold snap? oh man that can be a !@#$% to deal with.

I agree blazing speed is fun and the point of this thread is that blazing speed needs to be brought up to par.

It might not have reasonable applications in Arena or traditional roles in BGs, but as BGs (read RBGs) become more goal oriented and less combat oriented, this spell begins to shine and shine well.

Take flag carrying, for example.

Damage mitigation is great, but when you're mobbed by a dozen Alliance, it does little to nothing to help your case. If you have BS, you've got an out, and what an out.

Flag carrying is (and always has been) about speed, counters, snares and outs, NOT damage mitigation.

Back in Burning Crusade I used to spec halfway into Fire and Frost just so I could get the benefits of the outs in both trees. Yes, I couldn't kill anything, but I was greased lightning basically. 1 man on offense, 9 men on defense and it worked great.

Other than druids with specialized movement talents, I can't see any class catching or stopping a properly specialized Mage.

I don't want all the talents to be focused on traditional roles. I want little gems like this for niche applications.

as stated above it satisfies an incredibly small niche. the point of the talents is for the player to make a hard decision between 3 arguably equal but situational talents. as many mages have pointed out, blazing speed is a distance 3rd behind ice barrier and temporal. Also, when a team can mount up a chase you then kill you...kind of makes blazing + flag carrying silly. Ive carried flags plenty and successfully thanks to ice barrier allowing me to survive all the hits. nova blink get away etc.
09/19/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Brewslee
you keep saying mages with ice barrier die. there are plenty of mages with ice barrier that dont die...idk what bad mages your watching.

The majority of Mages I come across in BGs with Ice Barrier from both factions will deal high amounts of kills and damage, but still end up registering several deaths in a single match.

If Mages didn't die as often with Ice Barrier, the stats I often come across would reflect this.

09/19/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Brewslee
glyphed ice block is actually one of the best escapes...idk what ur talking about lol. nova + 3 seconds no spells? u must be bad. combined with cold snap? oh man that can be a !@#$% to deal with.

Best escapes?? You're trapped in Ice with enemy players converging in on your location. How is that escaping?

Or maybe you could try /shoo them away.. that might cause the nice Alliance players to leave you alone ;)

Glyphed Ice Block you say? .. yeeeeah.. against a stupid Warrior, DK, Pally or Rogue who are up close and constantly try to hit you while encased .. but against a Hunter .. against a spell-caster giving chase (because 3sec invulnerability to spells aint long) .. or even a DK who will trap you when you attempt to Blink away .. same predicament as normal Ice Block but without the Glyph.

Even with Cold Snap, you can't use Ice Block again for 30secs... more then enough time for two or more players to wipe you out.

Perhaps you're considering the use of these Talents when in a one-vs-one scenario, as opposed to finding yourself surrounded? You've criticized me in your previous posts for making the mistake of being in a compromising situation in the first place, but that's often the case in a BG. You might be defending a node with one other player, or with a group trying to capture a node and suddenly find yourselves outnumbered, with teammates dying one after another. How do you respond to that situation? How do you escape?

If Blink and Ice Barrier alone could reliably save me from being ganked in these situations, I wouldn't have bothered going over to Blazing Speed.