Mists of Pandaria Midnight Activation Details

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
09/21/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Somberz
I have a question regarding time zones. I am on a PDT server but I live in EDT timezone. Am i going to have to wait until 3am to play?

Yes. Just like when you look at your watch now and it says 3:33 p.m., it says 12:33 p.m. on your server clock.
I purchased the Digital version but I am not sure if I downloaded it already. How can I check if the game is installed and I am ready for that 12:00am launch?

Thanks!
Best wishes to the IT staff and all their hamsters. Good luck!
09/21/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Zarhym
If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!

Too bad my server and local clock will be striking 2:00 AM instead of midnight.
Since I have jury duty I can't be on at midnight will I start earning double XP right away or what the login to toggle it
We’ve been very hard at work on this new technology with the goal of ensuring that players can enjoy a more stable and seamless transition into the next expansion than ever before. Our staff will be monitoring realm stability and gameplay issues around the clock, as we want to provide you with the best experience possible.

And what of those that have opted to purchase a physical copys?
My game store is not doing a midnight release for the first time, because so many got the digital version.
Would of been nice to get a prePurchase code of some sort to get to play the new expansion when the clock strikes midnight.

Yeah I'm wondering about this too.

Worst case scenario I guess I can still make a Pandaren and do Pet Battles to tide me over till morning, but it's still kinda irritating that I wont be able to play the night it releases because my gamestop isn't doing a midnight thingie :(
What about us with 25 dailies? Did you guys test that yet haha

Second this question. For those of us that preloaded 25 completed dailies to help with the push to 86, how will this work? Will we get the quest when we turn in our first daily? Will it bug out? Will it require a visit to the quest board?

I remember reading something that states even if your quest log is full, you'll get the push for the quest for Pandaria.

And if not, just go see Garrosh/Varian after you complete your already done dailies.

09/21/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Zarhym
Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full -- or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.

Edit - quoted from first page.
Any information about the usual Tuesday maintenance? Will the servers still be scheduled to go down, or will they only go down should you guys need to fix something?
I really hope it is smoth this time, but for previous experiences I dont think so...
Old news. Addon authors figured out how this stuff was gonna work from UI source many months ago :P the no logout tech. :) I know i was so happy to find that code cause i lost out no realm firsts on cata launch for no other reason then 2 hours of login issues when the game asked me to relog and i didn't get back on in time to competetively seek any realm frsts.

This time around is finally going to be different. At least i hope. My only other concern here is, the login server probems of all previous expansions did sort of act as a buffer to keep the realms themselves stable. Now that logins will be staggered and not slammed, it may turn out instead that more people will be actualy IN GAME during the launch, and more importantly, all in the SAME zone. I worry about world server stability still.
09/21/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Tonkaden

Yes, if you sit at the login screen the buttons will become enabled in real time. You shouldn't need to logout of your account. :)

So its 2 am Central pm? I really wish you guys would make it midnight eastern for once. That way everyone can get a shot if they want. 2 am is just too late for people that have a day job.

Why? Their headquarters are in pacific time. They'll have extra people working that shift to try to make it somewhat seamless.
09/21/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Zarhym
So, can i log out at 11:55pm (PDT of course) and sit at the character creation screen for 5 minutes for the Monk icon to "light up" and gets to creating right at 12:00? or will I need to log completely first?

Yes, if you sit at the login screen the buttons will become enabled in real time. You shouldn't need to logout of your account. :)

Excellent! Thank you for the smooth transition into Mists! This makes me happy!
09/21/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Zarhym

Mind = blown!
09/21/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Reynor
Seems like the physical versions should ship a little early at this point. It's not like getting it early would give you any advantage, but it would allow those who prefer a physical copy to get started at the same time as those who purchase a digital copy.

That would've been wonderful. Instead I'm just mad at myself for spending the extra $$ on 2 collector's boxes for hubby and I. He works swings so he was going to pick them up on his way home and install them. I was going to get up early and play before work. Oh well. Now I get to sit in a boring work training class all day trying to concentrate. Digital purchase next time. Lesson learned.
If it is like last time, the midnight time is based on your server, not what time it is in California. So, if you have an east coast server, it will be Midnight on your server.

I could be wrong, as many a guildie has told me, but I may be right!
If it is like last time, the midnight time is based on your server, not what time it is in California. So, if you have an east coast server, it will be Midnight on your server.

I could be wrong, as many a guildie has told me, but I may be right!

No, you may not be and you aren't. And "last time" it wasn't like that either, it's always midnight pacific time, regardless of what your server clock says.