Mists of Pandaria Launch Times

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next
What if your quest log is full of dailies to turn in? Would we still get the quest?

Will the xp gaining turn on immediately when this quest is supposed to pop up?

Thanks!

id hold off for a bit. When cataclysm launched, quest xp wasnt turned back on for about an hour and a half after the expansion launched
..or just have all future launches fall on Fridays so 3am isn't a pain. If you work the next day with the current setup, playing at launch isn't an option.

12 midnight launches across the board would be nice but those realm/region first races are too important to some.
For those of us who aren't in our capital city, will we see the quest pop up, or will there be some other notification like our XP bar appearing?
For Aussies and Kiwis on NA or Oceanic realms, this converts to local times of Tuesday 25th September

Perth 3.00pm

Adelaide/Darwin 4.30pm

Brisbane/Hobart/Melbourne/Sydney 5.00pm

Auckland 7.00pm

Thank you kind sir !

5pm is an awesome time !!!!!!!!!
Blizzards West-Coast favoritism knows no bounds. Maybe someday they will wise up and realize that its a minority of their player base. But I doubt it. They will continue to hold all conventions and release times for them exclusively. &%* the East, right Blizz?

I don't see it that way.

Like it or not Blizzard are a global company. There isn't anytime they could choose that would be fair to everyone in the US Realms player base. No matter what time they choose there's still going to be a part of the world where it's dinner time. Or the middle of the night when everyone's sleeping.

So they choose to keep it simple and release it at the first minute of the day on the 25th of September in the California time zone.

Unless you are in the EU right? Its funny that and AMERICAN company would go out of its way to screw over 2/3 of the country while bending over backwards to release the game 8 hours early in the EU, then their associates come to the forums talking about how its "fair." There is no fairness here just hypocrisy.

Fair would be to release it for the world at midnight PST, or midnight EST. Since neither one of those things is happening fair has no part in this conversation.

O and so much for a "fair" race to 90
09/18/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Zantulous
Blizzards West-Coast favoritism knows no bounds. Maybe someday they will wise up and realize that its a minority of their player base.

Hahahahaha, someone even bringing the word "minority" into something as silly as this, my God. How do you know that, do you work for them/have a list? also, hasn't it been a midnight PDT release since BC?
Pretty damn lame east coast players(myself being one)get the shaft and have to wait till 3 a.m.
What if your quest log is full of dailies to turn in? Would we still get the quest?

Will the xp gaining turn on immediately when this quest is supposed to pop up?

Thanks!

id hold off for a bit. When cataclysm launched, quest xp wasnt turned back on for about an hour and a half after the expansion launched

No it was more like 15 min, I was one of the first out the gate and I only got to the second quest hub of Mount Hyjal before it was back on. And then I proceeded to fall asleep since my poor body doesn't handle middle of the night so well.
So... now we have a US first and an EU first 90, and then you can look at their /played time to see who actually got world first. I don't see the problem with this. Not to mention raiding is still locked for a week anyway so that doesn't matter either.
09/18/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Kaivax
With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in.

Except for those of us who will immediately roll a new Pandaran >.<

Please oh please keep the log in server working.

With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in. If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

See you in-game!

Is the intro quest centred around Stormwind and Orgrimmar or can it be started from Dal, Shatt, TB, Exodar or Ironforge ?

If I can do it from one of the quieter capitals, perhaps I can avoid some lag.
The official Mists of Pandaria launch times are as follows:

• [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20am&tz=Pacific%20Daylight%20Time%20%28PDT%29&"]North and Latin American realms - 12:00 a.m. PDT, September 25[/url]
  • European realms - 12:00 a.m. CEST, September 25
  • Korean/Taiwan realms - 12:00 a.m. KST, September 27

With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in. If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

See you in-game!

Wont be playing to about 9 P.M. est on the 25th. Work until then. Not doing the midnight release this year.
And since Blizzard clearly doesn't have servers to handle the loads, if the riidiculous queues for Theramore are any indication, you may be able to actually log in and play by October 8th.
Sigh I was excited when I first bought the digital edition and it said 12 EDT. Thought we were finally over screwing people on the East Coast and forcing everyone to do everything at once.
If I have 25/25 Quests, will it still pop up for me to accept the quest?
yaya lets screw EST again like diablo 3lol i mis the old way when u get it you can play it

With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in.

What about those of us who will be making Pandarens at launch? Will we need to exit the Character Creation window to see pandarens become available, or can we sit on the window and they'll just magically become available?
09/18/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Sindalumbule
I could have swore that there was a blue post a couple months back saying it would be midnight eastern...

Pretty sure a few of us in my guild saw that too.

Oh well, yay for living in California!
Considering I get off at 10pm, and last launch I tried to stay up to 2am cdt, my body didn't handle it well. On top of that it was impossible to quest at that hour(too many people). So this time I will just sleep, get up at 6am and start playing.
09/18/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Gimptree
If I have 25/25 Quests, will it still pop up for me to accept the quest?

Exactly what I was thinking. However, on the beta you could start the introduction quest by running into Grommash Hold so I'd assume it will still work that way.