Mists of Pandaria Launch Times

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 17 Next
I have to work on launch day :(. And since I reserved the Physical CE edition I have to get my but on the bus after work to go pick up the game, then get back on the bus to go home. I wont be home till probably 5:30pm eastern Dx! Then I have school the next day! /throws cat across the room!
Why not just a midnight release eastern standard time then everyone would be happy.
gat damn blizz

surely theres a better solution than 3am for EST?

With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in. If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

See you in-game!

How will this work for those rolling Pandaren? How will they know when it becomes unlocked. (Other then at the tick of midnight spam the login server.)
Nearly full valor gear on all my alts, my body is ready!
09/18/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Lorinall
Once again the Pacific time zones get to play the game longer than the Eastern time zones

What does it matter if people on the WC can play for 3 more hours, if they didn't take a day off of work? You'll get home before them, and be able to play for the same amount, maybe even longer depending on what city you live in.
Why do you continue to screw over the East Coast by releasing the game based on Pacific Time?

According to the latest figures I could find - 47.0% of US population (62.5% in Canada) lives in the Eastern Time Zone while only 14.1% (13.2% Canada) lives in the Pacific Time Zone.

When you add the 32.9% of US Population that lives in the US Central Time Zone it becomes ridiculous that you base game release on Pacific Time.

Just get rid of the useless Realm First to Max Level achievements and stop asking people to stay up until a ridiculous hour to enjoy start enjoying the game.
People, stop saying EST. MoP does NOT become available at 3am EST. It becomes available at 3am EDT.

There's a difference of 1 hour between EST and EDT.

With the MoP expansion, and a September release date, we will still be in daylight saving time. EST is Eastern Standard Time (which means not daylight saving time). EDT is Eastern Daylight Time, which is what most people on the east coast of the US is in right now, until the first Sunday in November.

If you look at the original post you'll see it says 12am PDT, not PST.

This has been an informational message. *music plays* "The more you know".
So glad I got the 25th and 26th off of work next week. I put in my request for those days as soon as I seen the launch date and got my collectors box sets reserved. I still work Monday until 5pm (4 pdt) but I will come home sleep for a few hours than head out to the store for the release than hurry home add it to my account and be ready for an awesome two days.
09/18/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Kashii
According to the latest figures I could find - 47.0% of US population (62.5% in Canada) lives in the Eastern Time Zone while only 14.1% (13.2% Canada) lives in the Pacific Time Zone.

Do all 47% play this game? no. What you just typed means absolutely nothing.
Hi ho diggity !
As expected 3 am for me (East Coast....though I will be asleep for 2 more hours then up for work lol)....

But the reason I'm commenting is just to say the new tech of no need for the player to do anything it just opens up the content...I like that - won't mean a damn thing to me . because I won't be playing when it just goes live , but still neat tech.
No QQ here from this east coaster. We're driving back from a beach trip on the 24th, and on the 25th my son has to return to school and my husband to work. We'll be dog-tired and no doubt asleep by 10PM, if not earlier. I tend to wake up early anyway; so I suppose I'll set my alarm for 4:30 or so, tank up on coffee, and get started doing what I'm going to do before I have to wake my son around 7:00 and help him get ready for school.

And I imagine my husband will join me. ;) Neither of us are going for any realm first business, so this all works out fine for us.
Living in Hawaii has its benefits, lol.
09/18/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Jawaka
blizz didnt design time zones but they did pick when to launch in NA. launching at 12 est would not be a problem. heck im sure most west coast folks would be super happy they would gain 3 hours of playtime.

If they launched at 12am EST on the 25th then that would mean that the game would launch at 9:00 PST on the 24th. Having separate launch time (and days) based upon where you live seems more clumsy to me than simply launching at 3:00 EST

Flawed logic is flawed. It will still be the 24th in Hawaii and Alaska.
Look, I love you guys, but this is the second expansion in a row that you're flipping off the east coast. I can stay up until midnight to play the game for an hour, I can't stay up until three-bloody-AM to play. Plus, most of us have work the next day. I know I'm not alone here.

I mean its not the end of the world, but its fantastically annoying. You might as well just announce that the release date is the 26th for anyone in the east.

Try being an Australian sometime, then you might have a good reason to complain. We have to wait until the 26th just to buy our physical copies of the game unless we can attend a midnight release.

You know what I was doing during WotLK's launch? Watching everyone embrace Northrend and Death Knights for over 6 hours while I was stuck doing BC only stuff because hey I couldn't even get a copy of the expansion by the time all americans were able to play. (Oh and I might add, while I was lucky and didn't work at that time, so I could go in early and grab the game to play, many Australians had to work the following day, so they couldn't play for days until they finally got the time to pick up their copies from stores.)

Honestly you east coasters have it lucky compared to us.
People, stop saying EST. MoP does NOT become available at 3am EST. It becomes available at 3am EDT.

There's a difference of 1 hour between EST and EDT.

With the MoP expansion, and a September release date, we will still be in daylight saving time. EST is Eastern Standard Time (which means not daylight saving time). EDT is Eastern Daylight Time, which is what most people on the east coast of the US is in right now, until the first Sunday in Novemeber.

If you look at the original post you'll see it says 12am PDT, not PST.

This has been an informational message. *music plays* "The more you know".

Speaking of Daylight Savings Time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84aWtseb2-4&feature=relmfu
09/18/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Naumu

Do all 47% play this game? no. What you just typed means absolutely nothing.

Do you have any statistical data to substantiate your claim that the WOW playing population is distributed in a wildly different fashion that the US/Canadian population in general? Is there some logical axiom you can state that might lead us to believe that people who live on the West Coast somehow have a greater chance to play WoW than those on the East Coast?

If you can't produce data or a logical argument then don't post. What you just typed means absolutely nothing.
Look, I love you guys, but this is the second expansion in a row that you're flipping off the east coast. I can stay up until midnight to play the game for an hour, I can't stay up until three-bloody-AM to play. Plus, most of us have work the next day. I know I'm not alone here.

I mean its not the end of the world, but its fantastically annoying. You might as well just announce that the release date is the 26th for anyone in the east.

Try being an Australian sometime, then you might have a good reason to complain. We have to wait until the 26th just to buy our physical copies of the game unless we can attend a midnight release.

You know what I was doing during WotLK's launch? Watching everyone embrace Northrend and Death Knights for over 6 hours while I was stuck doing BC only stuff because hey I couldn't even get a copy of the expansion by the time all americans were able to play. (Oh and I might add, while I was lucky and didn't work at that time, so I could go in early and grab the game to play, many Australians had to work the following day, so they couldn't play for days until they finally got the time to pick up their copies from stores.)

Honestly you east coasters have it lucky compared to us.

Imagine the chaos that would follow if a peak time shutdown on a Tuesday became a weekly occurrence.

Chill guys!