Mists of Pandaria Launch Times

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 17 Next
Well My quest for World first 90 monk is stifled before the game releases... that is a bummer... I suppose NA first could be a thing... I understand there isn't much you can do bliz about the time zone thing, but giving EU such a large head start eh I can't get behind you on that, there has to be a better solution for a synchronized world wide launch... Anyway, that being said i'm still going to tough it and jump in at 3am est because even though us east coasters filled this thread with whining and complaining we are still pretty fing hardcore!
*Cough cough*

Uh oh, looks like I am coming down with a sickness that will be at its worst on next Tuesday... better not go to school that day ;)

Think my parents will beleive it?
Hmm - 5pm.

Dinner early or late??

Decisions.
I agree! I live on the West Coast but it wouldn't bother me in the least if they released the expansion at a time that would work for you guys back East! I'm retired and can play any time. So it doesn't matter to me when its released.
4.30pm release for me :D

Probably the only good thing playing on Oceanic Realms and it also not being DST.

Still doesnt make up for the fact we sit at 200ms....
You guys do realize if they had a midnight release EST, West coast would be screwed over more because they couldn't pick up their copy for 3 hours at local retails right? With Midnight PDT, everyone can get their game at the same time (if you live in the US at least). As someone on the East Coast who is going to the Midnight release, playing and HAS to wake up at 6am the next day, the release time is perfect, thank you.
The official Mists of Pandaria launch times are as follows:

North and Latin American realms - 12:00 a.m. PDT, September 25
    European realms - 12:00 a.m. CEST, September 25
    Korean/Taiwan realms - 12:00 a.m. KST, September 27

Can i get a blue post to confirm when the Oceanic realms will be live with MoP, im guessing will follow the same time as North and Latin American realms
I seem to remember there being a blue post when Cata was being released that the next expansion (which would be MoP now) would be released at 12 on each time zone, an hour at a time.
09/18/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Holypenguin
What happens if we have 25 quests in our quest log? Will we still be able to get the starter quest that magically appears?

Maybe it'll be available from those boards?

• [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20am&tz=Pacific%20Daylight%20Time%20%28PDT%29&"]North and Latin American realms - 12:00 a.m. PDT, September 25[/url]
  • [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20am&tz=CEST%20(Central%20European%20Summer%20Time)&"]European realms - 12:00 a.m. CEST, September 25[/url]
  • [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20AM&tz=Seoul&"]Korean/Taiwan realms - 12:00 a.m. KST, September 27[/url]

With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in. If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

See you in-game!

Won't the game require a client patch?
the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in. If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

See you in-game!

will servers be going down/restarted at all for the entire MoP release? or will everything just appear and become accessible/?

• [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20am&tz=Pacific%20Daylight%20Time%20%28PDT%29&"]North and Latin American realms - 12:00 a.m. PDT, September 25[/url]
  • [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20am&tz=CEST%20(Central%20European%20Summer%20Time)&"]European realms - 12:00 a.m. CEST, September 25[/url]
  • [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20AM&tz=Seoul&"]Korean/Taiwan realms - 12:00 a.m. KST, September 27[/url]

With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in. If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

See you in-game!

Won't the game require a client patch?

i'd think so. or atleast some sort of restart -even for 5 minutes.. im totally confused and don't know what to expect...
sounds like the entire expansion will poof into view. and i don't know how to imagine that.
I still don't like that it's being released in the middle of the week, when people have school and work. I have already seen people talk about how they're going to skip school just to play when it launches.
This will be the first time I experience a launch event since last year I was still on the BC expansion, and I heard it's always been like this releasing it on Tuesday. But I just want to know why not have it on a Friday or Saturday. Give people more time to fully enjoy it and not worry about skipping school/missing work for it.
Ugh, come on.

Why don't they just release it at midnight Eastern time. That solves all problems. Yea sure it's only 9pm Pacific, but it's the 25th on the East Coast so everyone's happy.
I guess I don't understand all of the east coast complaints. I live there and I would much rather get that much more sleep before getting up and playing throughout the next day. If it was a midnight release, I would still get some sleep beforehand. Trying to pull an all-nighter just means you're going to crash that much earlier the next day.
wow east coasters, i know it sucks but get over it. you guys are on opposite sides of the country, weird how time zones work huh.... sorry to say but youll always be last, get over it. im on central time so i have to wait a couple hours, im not complaining. would i like to play sooner? yes... is it gonna happen because i whine on this thread? not a chance. its just a game, quit the griefing. sorry if i've made anybody mad but seeing nothing but whining on every thread is getting old. ill see you all at lvl 90! PEACE!!!
I can appreciate your frustration. .Its like the way, as you put it. . they flipped off the west coast back during BC launch. . Here we had to sit in Vent listening to our East coast guildies playing for 3 hours while we waited to go to our midnight event. . So yea. . one time instead of timezone makes sense. . and Blizz is in California.

Mind you. . I'm in MN now so its all moot :)

Look, I love you guys, but this is the second expansion in a row that you're flipping off the east coast. I can stay up until midnight to play the game for an hour, I can't stay up until three-bloody-AM to play. Plus, most of us have work the next day. I know I'm not alone here.

I mean its not the end of the world, but its fantastically annoying. You might as well just announce that the release date is the 26th for anyone in the east.