Blood Spirit

Professions
From today's new blog about professions.

Raid recipes for all three of these professions will drop from both “trash” mobs and bosses. The special Raid crafting reagent, the Blood Spirit, is only found when disenchanting raid weapons

So basicially, the crafted 496 epics will be unobtainable. It's going to be a while before raid groups are DEing their weapon drops and there are large numbers of Blood Spirit needed to craft even a single piece of epic armor. Unless these weapons DE into 3-4 Blood Spirit each, there will be no crafted epic armor.

How does this make sense, Blizzard? You keep talking about options for players to get gear for raids then make one of those vaunted options out of reach?
It's found from DE'ing any raid drop, not just weapons. The question I have; is it found when DE'ing LFR loot?
10/15/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Tyrelina
It's found from DE'ing any raid drop, not just weapons. The question I have; is it found when DE'ing LFR loot?

I'd imagine that would defeat the purpose of how difficult these crafted items are to obtain.... but fingers crossed.
It's definitely not guaranteed from LFR loot. Maybe a low % chance. I've DE'd a couple LFR pieces and only gotten Sha crystals. I've DE'd a couple 496 pieces (Sha of Anger drops) and gotten Blood Spirits in addition to Sha crystals.
10/19/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Spald
It's definitely not guaranteed from LFR loot. Maybe a low % chance. I've DE'd a couple LFR pieces and only gotten Sha crystals. I've DE'd a couple 496 pieces (Sha of Anger drops) and gotten Blood Spirits in addition to Sha crystals.

I think it's only guaranteed with DEing epic weapons, but that there's a chance of getting one when DEing any epic (a very low chance though).