Thalen Songweaver was the Key.

Story Forum
I had an epiphany Theramore's Fall would not have happened without Thalen Songweaver.
First take a moment to look at this passage from Tides of War, page 203.

We threw ourselves at the gates, which our friend Thalen Songweaver weakened for us - and his loyalty was reward. While the Alliance focused on us, a small team infiltrated Theramore. Their accomplishments were twofold - they rescued Thalen and were able to cripple the Alliance aerial defenses." --Garrosh Hellscream

Hellscream's plan hinged on Songweaver not only weakening the gate but getting caught. By weakening the gates the Garrosh's forces were able to freely enter Theramore distracted the Alliance by turning their attention to the North. Meanwhile the Horde recon team, which are Horde players doing the Theramore's Fall scenario, end up kill Baldruc (Theramore's flight master) when they successfully rescue Songweaver.

So there's just one thing I'm wondering what happen next? Will Thalen Songweaver show up on Pandaria? Will he be a boss in the future Siege of Orgrimmar? Will the Alliance take their vengeance upon him?

So what do you all think of my theory and Songweaver's future?
I like to think he may be a Siege of Orgrimmar boss, with some type of 'Mini Mana Bomb' ability.
I need to kill him, he didn't let me do those "other things" he mentioned when I was trying not to rescue him.
He's probably also the guy in the Kirin Tor that stole the Iris in the first place.
09/19/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Lorelaî
I need to kill him, he didn't let me do those "other things" he mentioned when I was trying not to rescue him.

Strange, he let me have my way with him...
09/19/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Desidarius
He's probably also the guy in the Kirin Tor that stole the Iris in the first place.

uhh the Kirin Tor weren't even tangentially related to the Focusing Iris' theft.
Wasn't the person who stole the iris in the first place supposed to be a spy in the kirin tor?
09/19/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Desidarius
Wasn't the person who stole the iris in the first place supposed to be a spy in the kirin tor?
There was never any solid indication of who, specifically, carried out the theft.
09/19/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Vegdrasil
There was never any solid indication of who, specifically, carried out the theft.

Aye. The iris's theft is never addressed after the fact.
09/19/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Kellick

Although we can hope that its going to be adressed at some point in the future.
09/19/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Resileaf

Although we can hope that its going to be adressed at some point in the future.

We can hope, but I'm not really holding my breath on that one. They way that line of investigation was so quickly dropped, along with the disbanding of the Blue Dragonflight, makes me think there is no interest in picking that back up--though Kalecgos' continued presence in the story leaves that somewhat open, at least. But yeah, it's a thin thread to hold onto.

I still dream of murdering Thalen right in the face, though.
Pft, Kalec's more interested in making sandwiches for Jaina, than investigating who screwed the pooch with the Focusing Iris
09/19/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Aurriastraza
Pft, Kalec's more interested in making sandwiches for Jaina, than investigating who screwed the pooch with the Focusing Iris

Sadly all too likely. :/
09/19/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Aurriastraza

I'm sure Kalec is concerned who took it. His own flight was surprised that whoever did could defeat the power of five dragons. My theory is that it was Songweaver and some straggling Twilight Hammers. By themselves, the orcs are not powerful enough to win this battle. The Twilight Hammer clan have experience fighting dragons. With an archmage helping, it could be done.

As long as the Iris is hidden and secure, there are a few more important things for Kalec to worry about. And I do not mean making Lady Jania a snack.
Why did the Blue Flight disband anyway?
09/19/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Beldaris
Why did the Blue Flight disband anyway?

Because Kalec is terrible at being an Aspect.
09/19/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Kellick

The only clue was what magic was used at the scene of the crime. Lots of Nature and Fel with a small trace of others. Im thinking it was the Dark Shaman and others. At the scene there were boulders thrown about kind alike what the dark shaman did at Northwatch.

But no the bombing could have gone on without Thalen the Zeppelin repelled a dragon a few griffins wouldnt have stopped it.
I did look for him in Silvermoon (well, I looked for him in wowhead), but he only exists in Theramore.

I thought it was pretty strongly implied that he was going to give my toon sexy favors.
09/19/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
I thought it was pretty strongly implied that he was going to give my toon sexy favors.

Wooing you with clever words?

What a cunning linguist.
09/19/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

I was disappointed with this too.

"leave him shackled"

Don't mind if I do! What?! You're going to complain to the Sunreavers? I thought this was going to be happy fun time! D: