Why do scenario's?

General Discussion
Why do scenario's?

~ Lousy drop rate compared to dungeons imo. I received 4 items but only one I could use for my healing priest out of 24 scenario's. So, out of 24 scenario's, 20 times I only received fireworks. It seems you can know what dungeon and what boss drop specific items in dungeons.

What is the point in mop to do scenario's?

Thank you.
Personally I do think the scenario need to be change so that they away some valor. Once we outgear the content there wont be much reason to do scenario except for lolz.

Edit:nvm thought they only awarded JP.
At 90 they will reward Valor Points, it'll be an easy way to round up our Valor Points if you're missing just a couple instead of doing a dungeon.
I'm sure they'll also up the drop rate of things in MoP as well.
09/20/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Acero
To tell a story a simple quest could not, not everything has to big bad @$$ and give you purples your first trip in. Atleast thats what I think.
Oh and it's also something that three DPS can queue up for and get an instant in rather than waiting forever for a tank and healer to show up.
I think the purpose is mainly to have fun. Doing it 24 times in two days probably defeated that purpose.

You decided for yourself what your purpose was going to be: loot. There's nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but it's a little unfair to suggest that scenarios serve no purpose because you weren't satisfied with the number of tries it took you to accomplish the one you gave it.

Your figures don't sound too far out of line with dungeon bosses, mind you. It's entirely possible to kill a dungeon boss two dozen times and not get an item you can use.
Why do scenario's?

~ Lousy drop rate compared to dungeons imo. I received 4 items but only one I could use for my healing priest out of 24 scenario's. So, out of 24 scenario's, 20 times I only received fireworks. It seems you can know what dungeon and what boss drop specific items in dungeons.

Thank you.

I don't believe they were designed as a way to gear-up for Heroics/Challenge Modes/Raids, from the drops at least seeing as they're dungeon blues that drop.

It's more intended as an alternate way to earn VP, and something to do if you don't want the hassle of running with a 5-man dungeon.

Also, it's a good way to get Gold for your Guild if you're doing guild runs. 250g x 15 runs a week is pretty decent!
this sounds about right. 4 items collected, 1 is useful. Sounds like a typical raid night to me.
Why do scenario's?

Thank you.

I think the main issue right now is that there's only one scenario available. So punching through it 20+ times is tedious as all heck. When more scenarios are available, it may make things a bit better or it might not.

Right now the sample size is too small to really pass any judgement on it.

Besides, I think these still reward JP/VP (JP right now, VP when MoP drops) no?

Think of them as group quests that you can repeat and give JP/VP with the items being just icing.
For fun.
09/20/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Frodoßaggins
The upside to scenarios is they are shorter than Dungeons, do not "require" a tank or healer, and only need 3 people.
I do not do dungeons ... mainly because of the tank/healer prima donnas that currently lord it over the rest of us.

However, I will definitely be doing the scenarios, and I hope they succeed to the point that Blizz does away with dungeons and the aforementioned jerks that currently inhabit them.
Don't do it for the gear. Been doing them all month and not a single piece. You can get valor to upgrade your faction junk though.
This is a year old necro. Let it die (again).
Necro thread. Meh.