Disappointed in Theramore (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Story Forum
I read Christie Golden's novel Tides of War and I understand novels aren't necessarily canon (just like Star Wars and Star Trek novels don't always affect the films/shows, etc.), but come on:

- Rhonin, Marcus Jonathan, etc. still alive in game? Who the hell came to defend Theramore?
- Jaina not on Fray Island / Dalaran / Violet Citadel or wherever she should be at this point in the story?
- Sentry Point / Wymor or Northwatch Hold / Aubrey still alive and standing? How do you destroy all of Theramore while Sentry Point and Wymor still live?

I'm sure there are more major lore changes that should take place for players who have completed the scenario. I was so excited because I thought - what a great storyline for one of my favorite characters of all time (a heroine much like Sylvanas who could suffer a tragic fall, but unlike her rise above the tragedy and remain "good"). If you haven't read the book you probably just thought "oh wow, the horde just destroyed Theramore for no reason and now Jaina's pissy and why is her hair white".

Also I hope the final boss in MoP is Garrosh and we get to kill him. Every week. For purplz.

/endnerdrant
The WoW novels are very much canon.
Look for world updates in 5.1.
Rhonin, Marcus Jonathan, etc. still alive in game? Who the hell came to defend Theramore?

Marcus Jonathan was replaced by Hammond Clay.

Rhonin still appears in the game because Outland and Northrend are still in a pre-Cataclysm state (and will remain in that state for the foreseeable future). We might see a more modern version of Dalaran (in addition to the WotLK version), but it will be located somewhere else.

Also I hope the final boss in MoP is Garrosh and we get to kill him. Every week. For purplz.

He will be.
09/18/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
The WoW novels are very much canon.

"Ya, the novels are pretty much considered canon, um, the funny thing is some things are less canon, we shoot for canon...typically the characters in novels are canon..."-Chris Metzen

http://www.wowwiki.com/Novels#Chris_Metzen_Says.3B_Some_Things_in_Novels_are_Less_Canon